Wallace

LDN Blue

Fluminense starlet Wallace looks set to follow in the footsteps of twins Rafael and Fabio by leaving for England before playing for the Brazilian club.

Fluminense have confirmed that as part of the deal that saw them sign Deco last summer, they sold 40 per cent of the rights of teenage defender Wallace to Chelsea.

The 16-year-old full-back has since impressed hugely for the Brazilian Under-17 side and now it appears Chelsea are ready to push through a permanent deal.

Fluminense's president Peter Siemsen confirmed that Wallace was already part owned by Chelsea.

"He still plays for Fluminense and to get him out of Brazil, Chelsea would have to pay the amount of the penalty clause remaining," Siemsen confirmed.

"Chelsea only have a stake in him."

But Wallace revealed that he was ready to make the move, before he had even pulled on a first-team shirt for Fluminense - following the same path as the twins, who moved to Manchester United from the Rio de Janeiro-based club.

"I feel ready for this challenge since I started playing football," Wallace told globoesporte.

"I have not talked with the coaches yet, but the expectation exists. Let's see how it goes."

http://www.skysports...6886054,00.html

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Yeah i just read that this morning.

Amazing that Chelsea still continue buying young talents, and especially Brazilians.

With the rule of homegrown talent, it is better to buy South American young player then the English itself, cause if you buy them under 18, they are classified as "homegrown"

Guest justin_3d

I suppose, but this is crazy. We'll have more Brazilians than anyone now :lol:

Alex, Ramires, Luiz, Paizon, Wallace.. :lol: - Maybe it's all an elaborate plan to attract Neymar :ph34r:

But according to the homegrown talent, the Paizon and Wallace will not count as Brazilians, but English! :)

Stupid homegrown talent, is doing this. All these big clubs will continue buying foreign younger players, and hindering the local talent!

Isn't Fluminense our feeder club at the moment?? If I remember rightly, when we offloaded Deco to their club, there was a part in the deal which meant we would get first picking on some of their upcoming stars!

Plus a fact they're Champions of Brazil right now :eyebrows:

Edited by CJ Revo

Guest justin_3d

Isn't Fluminense our feeder club at the moment?? If I remember rightly, when we offloaded Deco to their club, there was a part in the deal which meant we would get first picking on some of their upcoming stars!

Plus a fact they're Champions of Brazil right now :eyebrows:

I think we had rights to buy a player...but only one player...i doubt its for more.

According to the article, we gave them Deco, and took partial part on him. So that makes sense to me.

I think we had rights to buy a player...but only one player...i doubt its for more.

Only one player?? :carlo:

That doesn't make much sense. I'm sure if they were our.. and I quote: "feeder club" .. they wouldn't just let us sign just 1 player, they would surely offer us a host of their young stars??

Edited by CJ Revo

Guest justin_3d

we could sell them Malouda in exchange for a long term arrangement

That is exactly what i been saying for some time. Malouda said he wanted to finish his career at Chelsea. So lets do it, and get a player in return.

Guest justin_3d

I watched a few U17 matches to see Piazon, but Wallace looked quite impressive IIRC. But then there really wasn't great football being played, so it's hard to say.

What position is he? A defender, or another striker?