Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

Sometimes it seems that there is no fight between players for starting squad!!Ramires and Mikel probably don`t understand in what team they are playing.....no one was 100 % focused on game!!!And Luiz should put his emotions aside and play more calmly and focused!!!It looks like no one is trying to improve his professional level!!Rami should definitely replace Mikel at his position and Marin or Oscar can try to play right winger!!!

From all midfielders Lampard Mata and Hazard are exacly where they should play all season!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lifted those Hazard quotes from an 11 minute interview by Hazard with Belgian radio at the olympics, so its safe to say they were taken a bit out of context.

To be fair to City, they beat United home and away, scored more goals and conceded less. If Jose had been in charge of City they would've been out of sight long before the season ended. Both teams will be strong this year, I still have my doubts about Mancini but a lot can still change before the transfer window closes.

Mancini is City's weak link, im so happy they gave him a 5 year contract.

Mancini is a crap manager and an even worse man manager. If Man City fuck up in the next 5 years, it's down to having him. That 5 year contract gives everyone else hope.

What did Tevez's shirt message mean?

Just the name of a place in Buenos Aires.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/12/community-shield-chelsea-manchester-city

The Guardian match report said we were lucky to lose only by the odd goal here. Yeah...better than United who lost 6-1 at home(!) with 10 men!

And as much as City looked good, that match report is basically wankfest on City.

Right my views on the game:

• Firstly Torres - love him or hate him, he is going to be our main striker, at least to start with, this season and we have to support him and hope he fires. Today was a good sign, against good opposition. His goal showed his predatory instincts, the type of chances we need him to put away when we're struggling to impose on teams. I was just as impressed by his second half performance. He chased down everything, and the times when we did attack he looked sharp running at their defence. His strength in holding up the ball and laying off for Sturridge was also crucial in the build up to Bertrand's goal. The signs are positive and it is important for him to hit the ground running.
  • Ivanovic's tackle was a red card. These things happen, it was a stupid tackle but we move on. I was more annoyed that the referee bottled a potential decision with Savic, although it was in good spirits towards the end that he decided to show leniency for not giving Ramires a second yellow.
  • Following on from the red card, we could have shut up shop á la Barcelona and attempted to see the game out. However RDM was quite right in sticking to his guns and keeping us set up to still attack City. Yes it would have been nice to win the trophy but it's not high on the list of importance. I think it was more important to give Mata and Torres a good run out each, and allow Hazard to acclimatise to an English game before Wigan next week. Keeping ourselves open was our downfall but I fully agree with RDM's decision to not 'park the bus'.
  • Hazard looked good without pulling up trees. Forget his slip when trying to backheel (Aguero missed a sitter remember), he looked sharp and caused Savic problems. He was a lot more disciplined playing wide left today and showed a tenacity I hadn't yet seen in his play. He will be a big player for us, make no mistake.
  • For me our biggest problem could be Terry. Whilst we won't be playing a highline like AVB, we also want to be closing up the space behind the pivot and pushing teams back. Terry's pace has become near enough non existant now and he pulls the defence back so deep. There were also times today he committed himself like David Luiz but without the pace to recover. His clearance for the first goal was poor because he was flat footed when the cross arrived, and Tevez strolled past him for the second. I love Terry, he's a club legend and still has a part to play, but if he remains an undisputed first choice it could cost us. The ironic thing is that a sizeable ban for Terry may actually play into our favour long term that it gives Cahill and Luiz the chance to establish a first choice partnership.
  • Bertrand will play a big part this season and in the future of our team. We finally have a player I feel comfortable filling in for Cole.
  • Ramires continues to frustrate me in terms of not being able to pinpoint a spot in the side that should be his. His distribution was poor today, but his stamina, and ability to both break up play and endlessly press teams is vital in pressurising teams when we don't have the ball. He has also developed a knack of producing a big moment in games even when not playing well - His assist for the Torres goal was excellent and came out of nothing. The problem is that there are deficiencies to his game which go against him in certain positions. Should he be number 1 choice in a certain position, or is he yet another vital squad player who's versatility to fill in anywhere down the right and centrally is priceless?
  • In the second half Mata played on the right, and Hazard the left. When fully available and with 11 players on the pitch this is where the two should operate to allow Oscar to play in the centre of the '3'. I do however suspect him to play right and Mata central.

Great post mate. Well balanced analysis.

His man management skills are awful tho. He's just been a very lucky manager with the teams he's taken on. He shat on Bellamy, Adebayor and let Tevez just walk back in. Numerous players have said 'he doesn't even talk to me'. I'm glad they have him in charge because we all know the players are there for money and will be good players despite who is in charge. I could do his job.

http://www.guardian....manchester-city

The Guardian match report said we were lucky to lose only by the odd goal here. Yeah...better than United who lost 6-1 at home(!) with 10 men!

And as much as City looked good, that match report is basically wankfest on City.

Most of the reports I've read have been the same.

The overreaction by some on here is incredible. It's a Freindly. Which with 10 men we looked good. If city were worlds apart from us it would have been 5 or 6 not to mention with 11 men there is q high chance we would have won.

was it a sending off? i just got back from the game, personally from where i was sitting looked like a meaty tackle but i thought he got the ball?

P.s I like mikel but he was TERRIBLE today, and those calling for lampard to be dropped need to have a serious look at themselves, he was once again one of our best players out there.

I know, just a friendly, however with the possibility to win a trophy :D Anyway, out of all those trophie we are competing for, this one has the slightest meaning. I would love to see the second half performance if we still had Ivanovic. I hate ifs :D