The one thing you just cannot understand

Tomo

So you have never started to do push ups or sit ups to try and get stronger and then thought fuck this. This is long I'll be content with being skinny.......I know I have :lol:

I did that about an hour ago. I was doing mountain climbers and then I stopped and opened a beer.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have never started to do push ups or sit ups to try and get stronger and then thought fuck this. This is long I'll be content with being skinny.......I know I have :lol:

I'm built like Gandhi, except I'm about half a foot taller. I've been so skinny all my life I doubt my bones could actually support a sudden spurt in muscle mass. It's made me an easy target in the past, but I picked myself up every time someone knocked me over.

My BMI has dipped as low as 13.9 at points in my life. Currently it's at an unhealthy 15.

As far as eating goes my body seems to be an incredibly well oiled machine. I seem to eat exactly what enough to match what I put out in energy.

I'm built like Gandhi, except I'm about half a foot taller. I've been so skinny all my life I doubt my bones could actually support a sudden spurt in muscle mass. It's made me an easy target in the past, but I picked myself up every time someone knocked me over.

My BMI has dipped as low as 13.9 at points in my life. Currently it's at an unhealthy 15.

Do you sing this when it happens?

All the time for me. Motivation is always the thing that kills me. I joined a gym in 2003 - 2010, hardly even went because i couldn't be bothered. I have weights sitting next to me asking for some usage right now but i aint gonna be using em lol. I wish i was as motivated as some guys get, i kinda envy them. I am lazy but not enough to let myself completely go.

I've heard somewhere that the main reasons why people are afraid of spiders is because

1) Their 6 legs look unnatural.

2) Their movement is unpredictable and rapid.

I don't mind small spiders and bugs, it's the big ones I have to smash in order to get some peace of mind. Even though for a few minutes I suffer from guilty conscience, like who the hell am I to kill living things? What if I was a bug and was just minding my own business, and then a human decides to lethally discriminate me because of my looks. Wouldn't be all too pleasant.

About fat people. It's not right to generalize that ALL are lazy overeaters, there are many health conditions that can lead to obesity. Or a person can just have slow metabolism and can't do anything about it, that kind of thing runs in genes. I am poor and eat and drink unhealthy stuff everyday, it doesn't matter how much I eat or don't eat, I don't put on weight. I've been skinny all my life, I guess I can't complain over my metabolism.

On the other hand, people like that... I have no words :doh:

Lads if you fancy a fight I'm available. Word to the wise though- there comes a point, roughly about 10 punches in anywhere on my body, where hitting me will actually hurt you more than me. Bone strength B).

Also an advantage of being bone thin is you have razors for elbows. I could elbow a John Terry-sized person in the face/testicles and knock him out.

2) Their movement is unpredictable and rapid.

Yep, that's what does it for me. There's something about the shape and the long legs too but they are so quick, you don't know where it's gone. I can't sleep til i know it's gone.

Lads if you fancy a fight I'm available. Word to the wise though- there comes a point, roughly about 10 punches in anywhere on my body, where hitting me will actually hurt you more than me. Bone strength B).

Also an advantage of being bone thin is you have razors for elbows. I could elbow a John Terry-sized person in the face/testicles and knock him out.

I would just kick your balls and then hit you over the head with a bottle. But I'm a clean fighter, so whaddya gonna do?

All the time for me. Motivation is always the thing that kills me. I joined a gym in 2003 - 2010, hardly even went because i couldn't be bothered. I have weights sitting next to me asking for some usage right now but i aint gonna be using em lol. I wish i was as motivated as some guys get, i kinda envy them. I am lazy but not enough to let myself completely go.

Haha I'm exactly the same. Have a weight set that I rarely use. When I do it's for 10 minutes, then I get bored.

I signed up for a gym and didn't go once. Ended up getting my money back because I was under 18 and they didn't get my parents permission.

Lol that's happened to me quite a bit. A person hits me somewhere and then goes moaning over their hand hurting. I believe it's called fighting without fighting, although I don't think it's exactly what Bruce Lee had in mind.

I would just kick your balls and then hit you over the head with a bottle. But I'm a clean fighter, so whaddya gonna do?

No fair :(

I'm also surprisingly resistant to pain. I went a whole day with a broken wrist, lifting things, acting as though it was a healthy arm, and I only saw the doctor because the pain built up way too much when I stuck my arm into the fridge. I also went 2 days with a huge bruise on my ribs- one of them had a hairline fracture. That was the hardest thing I've ever done, I had a cold at the same time and coughing before I saw the doctor and was prescribed painkillers remains comfortably the worst experience of my life.

No fair :(

I'm also surprisingly resistant to pain. I went a whole day with a broken wrist, lifting things, acting as though it was a healthy arm, and I only saw the doctor because the pain built up way too much when I stuck my arm into the fridge. I also went 2 days with a huge bruise on my ribs- one of them had a hairline fracture. That was the hardest thing I've ever done, I had a cold at the same time and coughing before I saw the doctor and was prescribed painkillers remains comfortably the worst experience of my life.

ENTER THE @We Hate Scouse

Why do I enjoy the smell of my own farts and my smelly (at times) belly button?

Speaking of belly buttons, I get fur into my hole. It doesn't look like it comes from stomach or anything, it's like a small grey fur ball. I have no idea where it generates from. For me it's a bigger mystery than the Shroud of Turin.

That's for dickheads (no offence). People who build muscle for no reason other than to attract women. Stop being so shallow and superficial and have some confidence in yourself. I'm skinny, very skinny, and I don't have a lot of muscle on me. The only limitation I have in life is that I have to be more cautious walking around the streets where I live after dark. Even if I was big, what difference will a few dozen kilograms of muscle make when the other guy has a knife or a gun?

N.b.: I don't want this to sound like a rant against you Art. Just this whole bodybuilding culture in general. Its excessive and in the end pointless. This isn't 10000 BC, we have machinery now to substitute for pure muscle.

It's stupid to build muscles in order to attract women, if you want serious relationship woman should not like you only on looks, otherwise it won't last long...

Those are good reasons to work out:

1. Testosterone

This one is mostly for the gents (sorry ladies) and it applies to weight training. Testosterone is the essence of manhood. When you lift weights and gradually increase the level of resistance, your muscles produce testosterone. This gives you the energy, stamina, and aggressiveness you need to take on the world.

On days after a big weight training work out, I’ve experience a significant increase in energy. I tend to pop out of bed (I’m usually groggy) and feel more vigorous over the course of the day.

2. Clarity and Concentration

An active body has been linked to an active mind. The more consistently you exercise, the less prone you’ll be to grogginess and lapses in concentration. As anecdotal evidence of this, my best cure for writer’s block has always been going for a long walk, run, or hitting the gym.

3. Reflection

Exercise is a time to let your mind unwind while your body does the work. Strangely, when you stop actively trying to solve a mental challenge, the solution often pops into your head. Exercise is an opportunity for your subconscious mind to put together the pieces.

4. Enjoyment

Working out needn’t be seen as a chore or obligation. There are tons of enjoyable ways to exercise. For example, if you live in a scenic area, going for a run or bike ride along a beautiful route can brighten things up. Since I moved to Los Angeles a couple months ago, running on the beach has gotten me out the door much more frequently.

Other great options include: using exercise as a chance to spend time with friends and family, playing a sport or game, striving to achieve new personal bests, week after week.

5. Cleansing

Have you ever gone a couple weeks without exercise and noticed that you begin to sweat an exorbitant amount? That’s because sweat, along with toxins, tends to build up over time. Sweating regularly through exercises removes these toxins and will help you feel more comfortable.

6. Better Sleep

Studies have shown that exercise improves sleep. I love my sleep, so this is big for me.

7. Longer Life

When you choose to exercise, you’re making an investment, not just in your present physical appearance, but in the rest of your life. People who exercise regularly live longer and stay healthier into old age. If not for yourself, consider the family members that love and depend on you.

8. Stress Relief

Exercise has also been shown to reduce stress. This is a combined result of the benefits of cleansing, reflection, and a physical outlet for frustration.

9. Superior Strength and Endurance

About 4 years ago I went through a rough stretch where I gained 15-20 pounds in only a few months. Being unfit drastically changed the way I could move my body. It threw off my balance and made everyday tasks more difficult and uncomfortable. By exercising regularly, you’ll be better able to live and act, and in the event of an emergency, seize the moment.

10. Self Confidence

The sum of all these benefits is self confidence. (And, yes, looking good will help here too.) Greater self confidence is drives success, so its value can’t be underestimated. Exercise and fitness are an enormous part of reaching your potential.

Speaking of belly buttons, I get fur into my hole. It doesn't look like it comes from stomach or anything, it's like a small grey fur ball. I have no idea where it generates from. For me it's a bigger mystery than the Shroud of Turin.

It's from the clothes you are wearing you stupid man pee.