The Chelsea-Vitesse Thread

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice..

Seeing that list of youngsters that maybe can be linked to Cfc it's dissapointing no Dutch players named. You would think we could get some Dutch youth trough our linking with them..

Don't they have a good youth-program over there? Don't know the club to well..

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't really been able to update this due to my circumstances, but will try to keep on top of it from now.

Vitesse drew their first game of the season to Den Haag 2-2. Both Kalas and Van Aanholt featured.

Tonight they beat Zwolle 1-0. Kalas featured, but Van Aanholt was an unused substitute.

Their next game is Sunday 26th against William II.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19322961

Interesting, from what I've seen he's nothing special.

It will give PVA more opportunity I guess

Büttner isn't that great, no. He's very quick and has great runs but in defensive he's no where near our standards. I'd give him a few league cup matches, nothing more. But he's still young and has potential, curious to see what SAF will teach him.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the bump, but this is a very good read with some great insight into the relation between the clubs and what the Vitesse manager thinks about some of our loanees there:

Not good enough for Jose yet? Don't worry boys, there's always room in Chelsea's Dutch talent factory

Apologies for the bump, but this is a very good read with some great insight into the relation between the clubs and what the Vitesse manager thinks about some of our loanees there:

Not good enough for Jose yet? Don't worry boys, there's always room in Chelsea's Dutch talent factory

Not sure what to make of that. On one hand the club sounds like it is moving forward each season which can only be a good thing for our younger players, but on the other hand they don't seem to be making the desired breakthrough. Traore can't break into the first team, Piazon has stopped scoring, PVA is 23 but still isn't good enough to play for us. I hope these players don't just fade into the background and get sold for peanuts in a couple of years....

Not sure what to make of that. On one hand the club sounds like it is moving forward each season which can only be a good thing for our younger players, but on the other hand they don't seem to be making the desired breakthrough. Traore can't break into the first team, Piazon has stopped scoring, PVA is 23 but still isn't good enough to play for us. I hope these players don't just fade into the background and get sold for peanuts in a couple of years....

The thing is, loans to other clubs haven't exactly been much better. You get the one-off good one like Sturridge to Bolton or Chalobah to Watford, but those are the exceptions. But if Vitesse reach the CL, that would offer so much more experience than any other possible loan.

Jordania appears to be very shady though and this could be the reason why no official link will be made. He was once president of the Georgian Football Federation, but following allegations of corruption he was sacked. He has been to prison twice. Once for tax evasion and the other for embezzlement.

Many questions have been asked as to where Jordania has acquired such money to invest. He owns a business that arrange the transfer of Georgian players to foreign countries and arranging TV contracts. It is considered to be a small business with little profit. Certainly not enough to run a football club. It is thought that Jordania is receiving funds from an outside investor, using the club as a project. The obvious person that the media suspect is Abramovich.

This is what worries me the most...