MAN OF STEEL "Super-Man"

Santiago.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will fall a bit short behind the dark knight series.

Produces of Warner Bros claimed it will match up with The Dark Knight in terms of depth but on an emotional scale whereas Batman is much darker. They already made the bold statement it will be the best film of 2013

I think this will fall a bit short behind the dark knight series.

The dark knight series is always gonna be hard to beat. Batman has always been my no.1 superhero, so it could have to be the GOAT film for it to be mine.

Produces of Warner Bros claimed it will match up with The Dark Knight in terms of depth but on an emotional scale whereas Batman is much darker. They already made the bold statement it will be the best film of 2013

Well its easily gonna be the most watched film of 2013, due to the HUGE success of the Dark Knight firms... And based on the trailors and everything associated with it, if i were betting on it, i think there is a very big chance that it will be the film of the year. Time will tell though.

Umm what? Don't know about the others but the way you talk about Batman makes it sound like its bad. The Nolan Batman trilogy is incredible.

I've never really gotten why so many go on as if the Batman even has anything on the likes of the Lord of the rings and such.

The trilogy is so overrated, the first movie of Batman was actually quite shit, there was just nothing to it. 2nd movie, i did like the Joker thought he was a very good character, but he had nothing on Hannibal Lecter :D

But that first movie of Batman, was just like the phantom menace of star wars... completely nothing to it.

Third movie was alright, but when watching all the trilogy I can't say I was that impressed, nothing wowed me, nothing kept me on the edge of my seat. And that's mainly due to the fact their wasn't even one good main storyline throughout the whole fucking film, it was actually very dull in that sense, and some of the twists in it aren't even that good either.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just came back from watching it and I must say I was pretty disappointed.

The CGI was impressive and the movie started out brilliantly but lost its touch quarter of the way in. Overall, the pacing of the film was poor, it lacked character development with Clark and the action scenes got so redundant to the point it was cringe worthy and was actually boring. You can only watch people punch each other and buildings blow up for so long. I know little to nothing about the comics so I may not have a good understanding of the direction they were going with the film but my lord can superman be more dull and lame as a character? (not speaking in terms of superpowers).

My main beefs (plotholes) with the movie

1)How does Lois Lane show up wherever Superman is? Clark fights halfway around the world for a good while bouncing from ships and buildings destroying everything in his path and next thing you know Lois shows up out of the blue ready to comfort him. Does Lois possess super speed or something?

2)Clark's dad dies from saving a dog? Really? No offence to animal lovers out there but in the midst of a hurricane and your life is in serious danger would it seem logical to risk your own to save a dog? Also, as Superman would you actually allow your father to die even though you respect his decision? We're talking about your own father here, and I'm sure anyone put in that position would save him despite having others find out about his secret.

3)The gravity machine lifted cars and objects but for some reason it doesn't work for human beings.

4) The scene where Superman was conversing with the army sergeant, Clark explains to him he's full-on American while exposing the fact that he grew up in Kansas. He should've gave his home address and contact information while he's at it.

5) What was Lois' role exactly by being in the army jet near the end? Is she some undercover military guru that we don't know about? Would it not be sufficient for her to drop the codex off with the scientist? So typical.

It seemed like they tried to approach the movie with a more darker tone (like the nolan batman films) while trying to outdo the avengers action wise. It would work if Superman was as exciting and unpredictable as those characters but sadly he's not.

I'd give MOS a 6/10.

Action wise it was okay but it lacked the suspense and the air of mystery that was present in Nolan's other works like The Prestige, Batman Trilogy, Inception etc. I know he only produced it but I was hoping for a bit more

Haven't seen it yet. Some people have loved it some not so much. Batman ever since i was a kid was always my favourite Comic book hero, as he was just a man who had a lot of money and was great at fighting, and didn't have some weird genetic mutation or was a form of alien.

I still liked Superman, spiderman etc, but it was never the same. I hoped they would steer away from the avengers style of all out action and go deeper like the batman films. The Trailor seemed to suggest that, but i have heard from others that it is not the case.

Not gonna make any judgements until i have seen it myself, so we will see.

I just wished they'd given Henry Cavill more lines of dialogue to work with, rather than save him for just drawn out action sequences...He was one of the bright spots of the movie, and hopefully they can build a better sequel around him...The screenplay and SFX overdose made it more like Avengers than the Dark knight...

• 3 weeks later...