Oscar

themightyblue

Sign up already :D Some of the best transfer business we have ever done has happened over the last 12 months... Mata, Cahill, Marin, Hazard and now Oscar. Amazing.

It's funny, every year we always say we need to start rebuilding, but we never do. I thought it will be the same this year, but so glad we got rid of some players and replaced them with great talents.

Come on guys, this is Chelsea... we have to have one drawn out transfer saga go on all summer! :Goober:

Yeah, but I thought it was the Hulk thing. I mean Oscar has everything done, he just needs to be presented, and it was done in just a week or two. I quite believe that Hulk is the saga we are talking about lol

It's funny, every year we always say we need to start rebuilding, but we never do. I thought it will be the same this year, but so glad we got rid of some players and replaced them with great talents.

Well at some point we had to. We couldn't exactly have 40 year olds on the pitch lol

OSCAR SIGNS

Posted on: Wed 25 Jul 2012

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Oscar.

Oscar, full name Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Junior, who will be 21 in September, is a Brazilian international who played for two clubs in his homeland prior to his move.

Having come through the youth system at Sao Paulo, he graduated to the first team in 2008, the same year he was part of the Brazil side that won the Under-17 World Championships. That feat had also been achieved the previous year.

His time at Sao Paulo came to an end in December 2010 with a move to Internacional, a club based in Porto Alegre in the very south of the country. In 2011 and 2012 they won the local state championship and Internacional also used Oscar as a substitute in the 2010 FIFA Club World Cup, the competition to be contested by Chelsea in December, although they suffered a shock defeat by Congolese side Mazembe.

Oscar, who played international football at every level from Under-15 to Under-20, made his debut for Brazil's senior side in September 2011, coming on as a substitute in a 0-0 draw against big rivals Argentina.

He made his full debut in a win over Denmark in May and his most recent cap, his sixth, was in June when he scored his first international goal although Brazil were beaten 4-3 by Argentina in New Jersey, USA, as Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick.

Oscar's most notable moment on the international stage so far was in the final of the Under-20 World Cup in Colombia when he scored a hat-trick in a 3-2 extra-time win against Portugal.

A 5ft 10in (1.79m) attacking midfielder who can play wide, he has a reputation for good pass-and-move football, protecting the ball and choosing the right moment to play passes.

He is currently part of Brazil's squad at the London Olympics. He played in the 2-0 win over Great Britain in the warm-up game last Friday.

What positions can he play? Midfield is getting a bit crowded, with Hazard, KDB, Marin, Mata, Malouda, Bennayoun and (sometimes) Sturridge.

Have a feeling this means no incoming striker any time soon. With these types of players you can easily play with a false 9.

Welcome to Chelsea, Oscar! :blue scalf:

What a pleasant surprise to see this one confirmed today already, I was expecting this to drag on for at least till Friday and possibly even after the olympics.