Oscar

themightyblue

Wait we signed this guy?

Is he a proper midfielder or a variant of an attacking midfielder/ wide forward/ second striker like the bunch we already have?

Most people compare him to both Iniesta and Fabregas. He a proper number 10 like Ozil or Zidane. Usually plays in the CAM position but it looks like he can play deep also.

£25m looks a bit heafty for the ammount of appearances he has had. Well since he'll be classified as U21 for the comming season I don't expect him to feature heavily in deeper positions whereas he's guaruanteed games in the front 3 with our current lack of attackers (what's the main squad analysis thread btw?) .

Wait we signed this guy?

Is he a proper midfielder or a variant of an attacking midfielder/ wide forward/ second striker like the bunch we already have?

it appears he will sign by the end of the week.

he can play any of those positions but personally i`d play him alongside Mikel as the deep lying creative midfielder and rotate him in and out with Frank. he moves all around the field. always making himself available for the pass and moving it on. whenever i`ve seen him play for Brazil or for his club pretty much every attack has had him involved at some stage. he will have more passes per game than anyone else at CFC. he reads the game very well and controls the tempo. although creative and quite slight he will act responsibly in his defensive duties. an example of this could be seen in the recent Brazil v GB olympic warm up game. Marcelo bombs forward Oscar slides out to LB to cover the hole Marcelo has left just incase it breaks down.

£25m looks a bit heafty for the ammount of appearances he has had. Well since he'll be classified as U21 for the comming season I don't expect him to feature heavily in deeper positions whereas he's guaruanteed games in the front 3 with our current lack of attackers (what's the main squad analysis thread btw?) .

it`s 25m Euro`s. the british media just using their usual trick of putting the £ sign to get people thinking we are paying more than we actually are. i think it`s really about £19m. i think you`ll like him once you`ve seen him play a full game. the highlights video posted up earlier is great to see for his end product but he covers far more grass than just hanging around the final third.

I think it's 25m Euros, and not pounds.

Please don't be fooled by English medias. It's EUROS!!!!! 25M EUROS! And take a look at this:

hey dude, can u give us some details bout the possible Oscar deal? fee?the way it will be paid? contract length?

Am.latina2mapas_normal.jpg

25m Euros, 10m Euros paid now, 15m within the next 2 or 3 years. No details on the contract yet, I'd guess 4 or 5 years though.

10m Euros paid now, what a freaking bargain!

I got the fee from wikipedia so it's no surprise it was wrong. Still even ~19-20m doesn't sound correct. If his case is similar to Lukaku's where the majority of the reported fee is future add-ons and his waged do not exceed 40k per week (any reports on that?) his annual cost for the club will be just about right for a player of his age who is involved in the first team.

...an example of this could be seen in the recent Brazil v GB olympic warm up game. Marcelo bombs forward Oscar slides out to LB to cover the hole Marcelo has left just incase it breaks down.

Good. Functionality and responsibility is just as important for the team and we can't afford to have the plethora of new creative assets to be a luxury like last year.

I think signing Oscar will be a massive purchase for us and could really be the difference in controlling games rather than being on the back foot and just counter attacking. I watched the United pre-season game against Ajax and Kagawa was very neat and precise with his passing and link up play with Scholes to the forwards. He controlled the game and looked like he had been playing with United for years, I think Oscar is as good if not potentially better than Kagawa. I'm not sure if he is at the same level as Shinji as of yet but nevertheless Oscar is a fantastic midfielder who we all know can play deep and controll games. The thought of having Oscar alongside Lampard, Mikel or Essien (Not Romeu because i think pairing them both would lack experience) is just mouth watering and to have Hazard, Mata, Marin, Sturridge, Torres, Ramires in front of them just sounds ridiculous. Dream Team stuff. This season is going to be one of the best in Premier League History in terms of spectator value, I am literally counting down the days wishing for this season to start. I just hope we have Oscar and hopefully a right back has been wrapped up in time for when we travel to Villa Park so i can see them spank City in the community shield!

It seems you dont know anything about the guy, so not very wise to comment about the price.

Goalkeepers:

Rafael (Santos).

Neto (Fiorentina).

Defenders:

Rafael (Manchester United)

Danilo (Porto).

Alex Sandro (Porto).

Marcelo (Real Madrid)

Bruno Uvini (São Paulo).

Juan (Inter de Milão).

Thiago Silva (Milan).

Midfielders:

Rômulo (Spartak de Moscou).

Sandro (Tottenham).

Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos).

Lucas (São Paulo).

Oscar (Internacional).

Forwards:

Alexandre Pato (Milan).

Hulk (Porto).

Leandro Damião (Internacional).

Neymar (Santos).

I personally think Brazil is much better than this Spanish team..

Nahh I'll go Spain, hard to beat them if you dont have the ball.