Oscar

themightyblue

I think Menezes has said all that needs to be said. He wears the number 10 shirt for Brazil and that's not given away lightly. I can see him being a huge success here, but will he play centre midfield? Or will he play in the attacking midfielder position, forcing Hazard to right wing and Ramires to the bench?

di matteo wont dare drop Lampard this season.. whichever way you look at it, oscar is being groomed for a future CM role. Maybe they will ease him in this season but the number of CM's in the squad is alarming

- Oscar, Lampard, Mikel, Meireles, Essien, Romeu, McEachran, de Bruyne while Ramires, Mata, Benayoun and Hazard can all play there if needed

Imo, Essien should be sold and McEachran should be loaned while de Bruyne gives cover for the wingers and CM's. Oscar, Lampard, Mikel, Meireles and Romeu should be the CM choices. I don't think we will play Ramires in the middle. Ramires will be on the right and looking at the squad right now, he is the only player at RM. Marin prefers the left wing while Hazard is comfortable at LM and CAM. I think di Matteo will stretch Hazard's versatility by playing him on the right and thereby relegating Ramires to the bench.

Torres

Marin Mata Hazard

Oscar/Lampard Mikel

di matteo wont dare drop Lampard this season.. whichever way you look at it, oscar is being groomed for a future CM role. Maybe they will ease him in this season but the number of CM's in the squad is alarming

- Oscar, Lampard, Mikel, Meireles, Essien, Romeu, McEachran, de Bruyne while Ramires, Mata, Benayoun and Hazard can all play there if needed

Imo, Essien should be sold and McEachran should be loaned while de Bruyne gives cover for the wingers and CM's. Oscar, Lampard, Mikel, Meireles and Romeu should be the CM choices. I don't think we will play Ramires in the middle. Ramires will be on the right and looking at the squad right now, he is the only player at RM. Marin prefers the left wing while Hazard is comfortable at LM and CAM. I think di Matteo will stretch Hazard's versatility by playing him on the right and thereby relegating Ramires to the bench.

Torres

Marin Mata Hazard

Oscar/Lampard Mikel

nice theory though mate :)

i thought hazard could play RM or Right Wing?

I thought he played really well. Smart, aware of space and linked up with teammates brilliantly. We have potentially a very, very special player on our hands. Now I'll be nervous until I see him holding up the shirt.

yep im very nervous bout someone stealing him! very rare of a player of his age to be so intelligent and play like the 'experienced' one,

i believe he will start next to mikel in midfield,

they could compliment each other very well, oscar would be more free in that role and link up the play between attack and defence and dictate games

seeing what marin and hazard did on the field, just makes me drool to what oscar will bring within the trio! omg

Our main trio is going to be Mata, Hazard and Oscar. Smart players who all seem to be on the same wavelength.

Mata 24, Hazard 21 and Oscar 20. They could really grow and develop together and be amazing in 2-3 seasons.

Marin will be a squad player/bench player I feel.

Our main trio is going to be Mata, Hazard and Oscar. Smart players who all seem to be on the same wavelength.

Mata 24, Hazard 21 and Oscar 20. They could really grow and develop together and be amazing in 2-3 seasons.

Marin will be a squad player/bench player I feel.

oscar mate?

does oscar able to play on the right flank?

i thought he's a middle person guy?

TBH, i would rather see we develop oscar to the CM role and let marin be in the 3 with mata and Hazard, he has pace, is young and would be great for torres. He is also a winger, which Oscar is not. Oscar could play the center of the 3 but i would much rather see Hazard there as he was amazing vs seattle.

I see it as a done deal at this stage. He is concentrating on the Olympics but already sorted his contract and shit before that, so when the Olympics are over he can sign and be presented to the media.

No thats the reason why he hasn't signed yet because a contract hasn't been sorted yet! they will sort it after the Olympics then once that is done then Oscar will sign.

I hope Oscar changes his mind and chooses to stay in Brazil for another season.

Can't understand why anyone would want that, at least give an explanation.

Remember when we were linked with Neymar two summers ago, we made a bid for him around 20m and most thought that was unreasonable. Now he is one of the biggest star of the game and tipped to be the best player in the world in the future. Not to mention he is very marketable and generates a lot of money for its club.

If he was available and willing to move atm he would easily be worth 40m. City, Madrid, Barca, and us would be an massive biding war for him.

If Oscar was to stay another year and it would only be reasonable for his club to prolong his move after the 2014 world cup. He will get a lot more exposure by then, he would participate in the confederation cup and be a main player for the home side in the world cup.

Oscar status will only improve he will only become more expensive and attract more clubs as time goes on. I have seen a lot of Oscar even i am surprised how fast his reputation is improving and the money he is speculated going for. His reputation is going to improve mainly because he is Brazil most most important player and Mano system will crumble without him. He is going to be very expensive and we will regret not signing him.

nice theory though mate :)

i thought hazard could play RM or Right Wing?

yes he can play but his preferred position is CAM and secondary position is Left Wing. He played Left Wing/ CAM for Lille/ Belgium but its not like he doesn't know to play right wing. Yet, Ramires maybe the only player in the squad whose primary position is right mid

Hazard announced it before the club did. :blink:

The club gave Hazard permission to reveal which club he was joining then was told to keep his mouth shut until an official announcement was made.