Oscar

themightyblue

Well here we are again, after another game where he does almost nothing special (he did ok in the time he was on the pitch) and people start saying that the things others do are because of Oscar...

Face the reality. He was horrible in te last 3 months and at best ok in the first months of the season. Just like last season.

It's not good enough and he will end this season again as one of the worst players in the team.

He needs to improve a lot to be considered a decent starter here.

Yeah if juventus want him we should sell him.

Otherwise if no team want him then he is okay for a backup in our team since we have little depth.

Well here we are again, after another game where he does almost nothing special (he did ok in the time he was on the pitch) and people start saying that the things others do are because of Oscar...

Face the reality. He was horrible in te last 3 months and at best ok in the first months of the season. Just like last season.

It's not good enough and he will end this season again as one of the worst players in the team.

He was arguably the best player in the team in the first half of last season. And I'm not the one saying this, if you go back to the posts made back then you'll see many people saying that. I think being maybe the best performing player in the team for half a season is probably more than playing ok but whatever.

I only just realised this from reading another forum. I think Oscar is the most important member of our team for the style of football we ideally want to play.

Think back to both last season and the start of this season when he was playing well. Bloody hell we looked good didn't we? As long as Oscar was playing well so were we.

Is it a coincidence to think that the last great game we played so far was against Swansea when he netted twice? When his form dropped however, we started playing really turgid football and it wasn't as fluid as whenever he was on form.

Of course if we played a more counter attacking style like against City then he isn't required as much. But he is definitely an important piece of the Mourinho puzzle. I really wish he could be much more consistent because if he doesn't then we might need someone else who can fill that void.

When Oscar is on form, the team looks like a world beater. You can subsitute him for x, however, how do you guys know that x will supposedly play his role towards jose' liking and not get wiped out in the second half of the season?

Koke is a fantastic player as is Pogba, but, neither really can lead the press as well as Oscar. If this wasn't a Jose mourinho team, it would make sense, but, it is a jose team.

Watch Koke play for Spain and you can see the huge difference with Spain-Atletico. Pogba, I love as a player. Pretty much fantastic in everything outside of workrate/stamina. When your already labeled as world class, you think a player like Pogba is going to do dogwork like Oscar does without any defiance? One thing people take granted is Oscar pretty much sucked in his ego and played how Jose wanted and the team, not for himself. Those types of players, especially young knowned players are very difficult to find...

To be fair, the link up play he did with Hazard which lead to the goal, a) ramires would have been nowhere near such a position (no vision, is more defensive) and B) doesn't have the ability on the ball to perform such tight manouvres.

He's vital to our style of play, although nobody quite realises it yet. He's inconsistent, yes, and switches off before the season ends, but he's 23. These things rectify. And he gets no summer break until 2020 until something ridiculous like that, such are the demands of Brazil's engagements.

I think we need to be patient. Bringing in Koke, while a marginally better player, would be dumb. We'll be sitting here in a year's time having the same dilemmas while Oscar thrives at his new club and becomes the new KDB.

To be fair, the link up play he did with Hazard which lead to the goal, a) ramires would have been nowhere near such a position (no vision, is more defensive) and B) doesn't have the ability on the ball to perform such tight manouvres.

He's vital to our style of play, although nobody quite realises it yet. He's inconsistent, yes, and switches off before the season ends, but he's 23. These things rectify. And he gets no summer break until 2020 until something ridiculous like that, such are the demands of Brazil's engagements.

I think we need to be patient. Bringing in Koke, while a marginally better player, would be dumb. We'll be sitting here in a year's time having the same dilemmas while Oscar thrives at his new club and becomes the new KDB.

Yes, now you can remember that simple pass he did after a great moment of Hazard for the next 4 months because it's the only decent thing he did for months, and most likely it will bethe only in the next ones.

He's not vital, he is a problem that needs to be solved.

I think we should continue with players that play like shit every time they are on the pitch, or maybe when they are sold we should break their legs because if they play well for a minor team it was a mistake to sell them. We should have a 50 player squad, or continue forever with players that desapear for 4 months.

But yes, poor guy, he should be really tired when he played in the last 2 seasons less 20 or 25 games than Matic or Hazard.

I can't get my head around this forum sometimes...

He looked ordinary to me. Literally everything he did in that UCL match Oscar could have done, and done better when he's in form. In a related topic (his transfer thread) people are saying he's not for us and has no end product.

:dunno:

I can't get my head around this forum sometimes...

He looked ordinary to me. Literally everything he did in that UCL match Oscar could have done, and done better when he's in form. In a related topic (his transfer thread) people are saying he's not for us and has no end product.

:dunno:

So you've only actually watched Koke once. Great.