Oscar

themightyblue

While Sterling is demanding 150/180k per weeks the best Brazilian CAM(on paper) is happy at £90k. It shows how far we have come, I mean look at Courtois, Matic...etc all border or around £100k or so and they are the best in the world in their positions. The days of us being held ransom is over and I really like it. I mean apart from Fabregas and Hazard anyone else is even above £150k per week?

Costa? Terry?

Terry's on £120k, I know. To be fair to his point though, our wage structure is pretty incredible compared to clubs like MU, where Rooney, Falcao et al are on £300,000/wk contracts.

I remember Terry being one of the top earners, matching any new salary that is higher than his (part of his contract). It might not be true though, so you could be right.

But what do we know anyway? There were also stories about Hazard making over 200k.

I remember Terry being one of the top earners, matching any new salary that is higher than his (part of his contract). It might not be true though, so you could be right.

But what do we know anyway? There were also stories about Hazard making over 200k.

his contract got renewed so it would make sense to remove a couple of clauses.

also, hazard making 200k was just media nonsense.

While Sterling is demanding 150/180k per weeks the best Brazilian CAM(on paper) is happy at £90k. It shows how far we have come, I mean look at Courtois, Matic...etc all border or around £100k or so and they are the best in the world in their positions. The days of us being held ransom is over and I really like it. I mean apart from Fabregas and Hazard anyone else is even above £150k per week?

Oscar should be grateful he's earning 90k per week. His value is closer to half of that, even with the current inflation of player salaries.

90k per week for somebody who only turns up for the first half of the season and even then he only play well sporadically.

his contract got renewed so it would make sense to remove a couple of clauses.

also, hazard making 200k was just media nonsense.

That's the thing. Hazard making 200k is 'nonsense' but Rooney making 300k is 'correct', that does not make sense. Not that it matters.

That's the thing. Hazard making 200k is 'nonsense' but Rooney making 300k is 'correct', that does not make sense. Not that it matters.

the difference is that hazard was a newbie and that too a 21 year old newbie player. i simply dont believe that when we had bought hazard, we would have given him 185kpw. on the other hand, if you ask me now, i think hazard might be earning 200kpw cos he is one of the best players in the world and without the doubt the best in PL.

same goes for rooney. jose had made it a 100% clear that we wanted rooney. that was when (i think) that rooney signed a new contract which was already 200+kpw, so it makes sense that he might be making that insane money.

Still amazes me how this thread is full with more hatred than the Willian thread. And why? Simply because Oscar was kept while Jose got rid of both De Bruyne and Mata.

We wouldn't be in such a strong position in the League as of today if not for Oscar's exploits in the first half of the season but obviously football fans all have short term memories.

Apparently, now we're arguing about his wage also. People forget that since 2012 until November last year he only get paid 40k p/w or so.

Still amazes me how this thread is full with more hatred than the Willian thread. And why? Simply because Oscar was kept while Jose got rid of both De Bruyne and Mata.

We wouldn't be in such a strong position in the League as of today if not for Oscar's exploits in the first half of the season but obviously football fans all have short term memories.

Not hatred, just that atm he seems to be the weakest link of the team in attack and most people recogise it. Not as obvious as previous seasons but still contribution is no where near good enough to be CAM for Chelsea, a position that is highly demanding both offensively and defensively. While his defensive is decent the attacking side is not good enough.

Nothing wrong with talking about replacements by better players like Koke, Pogba...etc. No one is coming in and say we should sack him or something but if PSG offer something good we should take it to sign the better replacements.

It's probably the best defence they can come up with right now...

How are you a mod? you incite low level of bickering and discussion.

Read my posts, when is Willian/Ramires even mentioned?

Beside Gilvorak, who else has defended Oscar by redirecting their criticism toward Willian or Ramires?

I like Oscar, just think we need to manage him better..help build his stamina etc..he`s gone through good and lethargic patches since we signed him. when he`s on form he`s one of the most pleasing to watch players we have had in the modern era..in great teams there`s room for various different types of players and when it`s the turn of one player to hit a lean streak,it`s the turn of another player to do his job.

How are you a mod? you incite low level of bickering and discussion.

Read my posts, when is Willian/Ramires even mentioned?

Beside Gilvorak, who else has defended Oscar by redirecting their criticism toward Willian or Ramires?

:lol:

No one mentioned your name and you get all worked up? Touchy.

:lol:

No one mentioned your name and you get all worked up? Touchy.

Not being touchy, it is not about that.

You made a generalized statement though, i feel your statement is quite unfair to many posters who have defended Oscar. By saying their best defense is by redirecting their criticism toward Ramires or Willian. That statement is utterly ignorant though, beside one poster i have not seen anyone do that.