Oscar

themightyblue

I still maintain what I said a few pages ago.

Regardless of whether Oscar has a higher ceiling or not, we were playing our best football around the time when he was one of the first choice. Our last high scoring game came, when he probably gave his last good performance, against Swansea.

Mourinho is starting him in every game, probably desperate for him to recover his early season form.

And tbh, we better hope that he can recover some form for the rest of this season. Some people mention playing Willian in the middle, but then that means our RW would be occupied by Ramires/Cuadrado which doesn't sound too thrilling atm.

Our drop has more to do with Fabregas and Costa dropping form then Oscar imo. In the beginning of the season Costa was banging them in for fun and Fabregas was helping control games for us and upped the tempo.

Oscar played his part as a supporting player but i never considered him to be a key player.

If jose continues to select him then surely the blame has to fall solely at the manager's feet? If a player consistently plays poorly then it's the manager's duty and responsibility to seek other alternatives. People are focusing their anger on the wrong person, most of us have known for sometime that oscar was never good enough and too inconsistent yet Jose persisted with him and continues to pick him on a regular basis. players don't pick themselves.

Most proactive managers would have taken his poor form in the second half of last season and his overall gross inconsistency throughout his time here as a hint and look to upgrade the AM position.

He's a strange fellow sometimes. Criminal to play Oscar in that last game, if not insane. Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

So let me get this straight, I point to the record with Oscar in the team, the stats he's acquired over the season, the fact that Jose always picks him, the fact Jose has sent many people packing and kept him, the fact that he plays in most of our big games and that we win them! and you point to the opinion pieces of 7 people on a fan forum?
I think this basically sums up that whole argument in a nutshell. I just think that some people have given up on Oscar (maybe fair enough, he's had a lot of chances to prove himself) and will use anything to discredit his value to the team without even giving thought to opposing opinions.

Whilst I think we all acknowledge that we would like Oscar to produce more consistently, I'm very happy with the importance of the goals he's scored this season. He scored the winner against Bolton in the COC, and put us 1-0 up against Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, QPR, Newcastle and Swansea. The only goal he's scored this season that doesn't fit into those categories is his second goal against Swansea, which was obviously a lot less important than the aforementioned goals, but it did kill off any final chance that Swansea had of staging a comeback. As I said, he still needs to produce more often though, beyond just scoring important goals.

Our drop has more to do with Fabregas and Costa dropping form then Oscar imo. In the beginning of the season Costa was banging them in for fun and Fabregas was helping control games for us and upped the tempo.

Oscar played his part as a supporting player but i never considered him to be a key player.

On WAGH, a chelsea community website that members rate Chelsea players on a 1-10 scale. In the first half of the season, Oscar and Hazard had the most MOTM performances. You would be wrong to think he was just a supporting player. He was critical, as Matic, Cesc, Hazard, and Costa.

I don't know why others are saying his potential is overrated. If he continued his first season half, he would be up there with Hazard as our POTY.

He is extremely inconsistent, he needs to get better and been poor lately obviously. But beside Hazard almost everyone is playing below their level.

On WAGH, a chelsea community website that members rate Chelsea players on a 1-10 scale. In the first half of the season, Oscar and Hazard had the most MOTM performances. You would be wrong to think he was just a supporting player. He was critical, as Matic, Cesc, Hazard, and Costa.

I don't know why others are saying his potential is overrated. If he continued his first season half, he would be up there with Hazard as our POTY.

He is extremely inconsistent, he needs to get better and been poor lately obviously. But beside Hazard almost everyone is playing below their level.

Right now we are comparing Oscar with Hazard, COsta and Fabregas... well...

Really? DO you think Oscar was better than Fabregas or Costa in the first half of the season? Are you trying to convince us or convince yourself? He was one more player, he was ok at best... when you were here saying how increadible he was... he was doing OK...

I really don't care what people on WAGH think. I've seen every game and for me he's a supporting player. He lacks the quality to actually carry this team as a key player.

"He was critical, as Matic, Cesc, Hazard, and Costa."

No, no he really wasn't.

I don't know why others are saying his potential is overrated."

Because he's barely improved since he got here. He's the same inconsistent player he was when he got here.

A lot of people were convinced that he had the potential to be just as good as Hazard could be, some even going further and saying he could be better then Hazard.

That hasn't really happened now has it ? If anything the gap between Hazard and Oscar has actually gotten bigger and bigger as the seasons went by. Now the gap between Hazard and Oscar is about the size of the Grand Canyon.

"If he continued his first season half, he would be up there with Hazard as our POTY."

No he wouldn't. Let's not overrate Oscar's first half of the season. He was good but he wasn't as good as you're making him out to be.

The two wonder goals aside, not sure he really did much otherwise against Juventus and certainly no big club would want him when you see his performance against Southampton. Was almost non-existent like half of his other matches here.

He was on a mission that night, and it was to put pressure on Pirlo which he did extremely well. And as I said, I only mentioned Juves, not other big teams.

Right now we are comparing Oscar with Hazard, COsta and Fabregas... well...

Really? DO you think Oscar was better than Fabregas or Costa in the first half of the season? Are you trying to convince us or convince yourself? He was one more player, he was ok at best... when you were here saying how increadible he was... he was doing OK...

I didn't say he was better Costa or Febregas, where did i say that?

I really don't care what people on WAGH think. I've seen every game and for me he's a supporting player. He lacks the quality to actually carry this team as a key player.

"He was critical, as Matic, Cesc, Hazard, and Costa."

No, no he really wasn't.

I don't know why others are saying his potential is overrated."

Because he's barely improved since he got here. He's the same inconsistent player he was when he got here.

A lot of people were convinced that he had the potential to be just as good as Hazard could be, some even going further and saying he could be better then Hazard.

That hasn't really happened now has it ? If anything the gap between Hazard and Oscar has actually gotten bigger and bigger as the seasons went by. Now the gap between Hazard and Oscar is about the size of the Grand Canyon.

"If he continued his first season half, he would be up there with Hazard as our POTY."

No he wouldn't. Let's not overrate Oscar's first half of the season. He was good but he wasn't as good as you're making him out to be.

You two both completely dismiss the evidence i brought forth, wait you guys completely ignored it in fact. I citied a Chelsea community site, that rated him having the most MOTM. The Mass of that site rated him alongside Cesc, Costa, Hazard, and Matic. ( I acutally think Talk Chelsea should have a system where we rate our players after every match, so we don't have so many revision of history.)

On Whoscored.com he was also rated our 3rd highest player after Hazard and Cesc. Now if you find any website that rate players on a match-match basis, i am sure they would conclude the same he was one of our most important players.

Now the reason i brought these two sites up is because i don't have any wish arguing over your perspectives. You have your lens and i have my lens, we all see the world through different beliefs and have our own biases.

But the fact remains the same, there is a pile of evidence that suggest that Oscar was in fact one of our most important players.

I didn't say he was better Costa or Febregas, where did i say that?

You two both completely dismiss the evidence i brought forth, wait you guys completely ignored it in fact. I citied a Chelsea community site, that rated him having the most MOTM. The Mass of that site rated him alongside Cesc, Costa, Hazard, and Matic. ( I acutally think Talk Chelsea should have a system where we rate our players after every match, so we don't have so many revision of history.)

On Whoscored.com he was also rated our 3rd highest player after Hazard and Cesc. Now if you find any website that rate players on a match-match basis, i am sure they would conclude the same he was one of our most important players.

Now the reason i brought these two sites up is because i don't have any wish arguing over your perspectives. You have your lens and i have my lens, we all see the world through different beliefs and have our own biases.

But the fact remains the same, there is a pile of evidence that suggest that Oscar was in fact one of our most important players.

You use that "statistics" when it's convenient for your point...

Last season according to whoscored in League Oscar was the 11th player in this squad with 7.04. The only players that still are in the team this season with a worst rating are Cech, Mikel and Ake. In that season Oscar was the 6th player in the CHampions League campaign. Our nnumber 10 did 2 assists in the League last season and was on vacations for 4 months.

This season he is the 6th in League (and falling) with 7.37 and the 17th in the CHampions League with a rating of 6.78.

There are plenty of evidence on that websites that Oscar is not good enough.

THe website fororealmadrid.com has a system like that about Real Madrid players and Cristiano Ronaldo is right now behind Isco, Modric, James, Kroos, Varane and Pepe... it's something that has no value at all.

At the end of the season no one will come here with the number of assists and goals of Oscar...some months ago he was ok on that but at the end of the season he won't, so you will need to find another one.

You use that "statistics" when it's convenient for your point...

Last season according to whoscored in League Oscar was the 11th player in this squad with 7.04. The only players that still are in the team this season with a worst rating are Cech, Mikel and Ake. In that season Oscar was the 6th player in the CHampions League campaign. Our nnumber 10 did 2 assists in the League last season and was on vacations for 4 months.

This season he is the 6th in League (and falling) with 7.37 and the 17th in the CHampions League with a rating of 6.78.

There are plenty of evidence on that websites that Oscar is not good enough.

THe website fororealmadrid.com has a system like that about Real Madrid players and Cristiano Ronaldo is right now behind Isco, Modric, James, Kroos, Varane and Pepe... it's something that has no value at all.

At the end of the season no one will come here with the number of assists and goals of Oscar...some months ago he was ok on that but at the end of the season he won't, so you will need to find another one.

"You use that "statistics" when it's convenient for your point..."

It is not because it is convenient, it is because we are talking about the first half of the season. The whole point of my responses is due to you saying he was ok in the first half of the season, and which i disagree and he was much better then "ok." I am not making any argument for last season or for his current form.

So this is getting boring and its going nowhere. Lets be honest nothing i can show you will convince you otherwise. Not even Mou own words, which btw there is plenty of praises from Mou, where he describes Oscar "best on the pitch."

Enjoy your day.

Isnt it obvious?

Without using stats.. Because stats dont always tell the whole picture. Any Football fan who has kept an eye on Coutinho can see that he is getting better with every season he spends at Liverpool. He still has a long way to go before he reaches his full potential too.

Coutinho really isn't all that, he's like another Joe Cole ie a flashy 1 in 5 player.

Really liked this article about Oscar's latest dip in form - a very accurate summary of the situation.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2352556/oscar-form-dips-for-chelsea-yet-again-but-he-has-talent-to-overcome

We have discussed 'that reason' for a century in here, and although it is a 'lame' excuse according some in here, actually it is right imo. Well, I am not in a mood to talk about 'that topic' in particular again, what I want to point out is that could Jose do something about it? Again Oscar will be involved with Brazil NT this summer, could Jose give him a holiday break alone for one or two full months after that so that he will finally have a fresh full season for the first time?

A player of exceptional natural ability and vision? :o

Yes...??

I can understand people questioning certain aspects of Oscar's game where it is clear that there are deficiencies, but I wouldn't expect anyone to question the kid's natural ability. You only have to watch the way he can make a ball talk to see that he has some very special talent. Granted, he is not putting that talent to full use at the moment, but I can't quite understand how one cannot acknowledge the immense natural ability that Oscar has at his disposal.

As for his vision, I think some of the balls he's played this season (some in particular that have set up goals) answer any queries in that department.