Oscar

themightyblue

Non taken.

I agree with you, PSG, Real, Bayern and Barca won't be interested. But I doubt Juve is in that group. They still remember how he kicked their ass in the CL few seasons ago, and after seeing Salah eat lighting and crapping thunder, they will sniff around for sure. Pirlo is 35, Marchisio 29, Pogba and Vidal could leave...they could use a midfielder. If I was in their position, and Pogba was looking to leave, and would focus my effort in trying to steal Oscar from Chelsea and still earn some money, simple as that.

The two wonder goals aside, not sure he really did much otherwise against Juventus and certainly no big club would want him when you see his performance against Southampton. Was almost non-existent like half of his other matches here.

He was abysmal today, no if ands or buts about it. I still love him but todays performance is inexcusable... The people who want him out of the club will be barking loudly today, not just in 24pt font size either.

Willian, Oscar and Fabregas have been well off the pace for some time now and its becoming a bit of a concern. We aren't creating any chances and that's coming down to those three players not doing enough in attack. This is an Oscar thread so expect to hear how poor he was when you visit it...

My only allegiance is to the badge, Oscar, for whatever the reason, hasn't been up to snuff lately and something has to give. He is still a decent buy for the quoted price of 19.35m but having said that he still needs to do more than run about. He's not even making a nuisance of himself anymore, not getting stuck in. When he plays like that his offensive deficiencies are less of an issue, because his work rate is helping the team keep shape. When we don't get that from him he has a negative impact on the team.

Just need to be careful shipping players away as soon as they are in a slump or they may hurt us later. Or they will develop elsewhere and people who wanted them gone will say "oops my bad" bc they don't have a stake in the game.

Aren't we all complaining about the small squad which prevents Jose from rotating? And yet KDB is gone, so is Andre and Salah with just one Cuadrado in.

If Oscar is underperforming, then it's really up to the manager to start someone else - simple really. Oscar does not pick the team. If and when he recovers his form, then he can be rotated in and then start if consistent enough... Jose doesn't seem to work like that though, as he plays the same set of players in both cup and CL.

Sometimes I'm confused as to what people here are complaining about... is it Oscar or Jose for starting him? I am sure Oscar wanted to be playing better... at the very least like he was at the start of the season?

Oscar is like many young promising players: has very good moments and then a dip in form. Not really different from any young player out there. If Fabregas, a senior, is allowed to play like shit for so long why shouldn't a far younger player?

Like I said before its very hard to say exactly what the shape was since we played mostly on the counter anyway. But having said that I still for the life of me don't see where in that game Willian "bossed it" If my memory serves me Matic was MotM with Luiz playing an integral role and Hazard in scintillating form. I'm still struggling to find where the phrase Bossed it and Willian meet?

you seem to suffer from short term memory let me help you with that.

I must've miscounted too Oscar has 30 goals for Chelsea in less than 3 yrs...

And anyone who actually watches Chelsea play regularly and don't have some wack agenda against Oscar can tell you he gets stuck in way more than Willian does. To compare the two in that regard not only shows how little you've actually been paying attention but also how terribly biased you've become in your tirade.

Oscar is by no means the article when you think of a 10, he has warts, but discrediting his contributions to the squad show you either have a shallow IQ for the game or that you can't set aside your ego and judge a player objectively. I know which category you fall under and its pretty sad... I guy who usually has decent things to say about football can't set his ego aside online.

Hahhahahhahahahha... like I said, an oscar fan can never fail to disappoint. So now its just my ego that makes oscar useless. Was it my ego that is saying that oscar has been pretty average, scratch thay, pretty WANK for the last 3 months, scratch that, 3 years since he has been playing with us. This is a player who pretty much has nothing in his game. Not even a decent first touch, no link up play, no hold up play, no passing. Even fellaini can be useful sometimes cos u can ping up the ball to him but that's not even an option with oscar. The best supposed aspect of his game is goal scoring but consideting how poor his overall game is, these 10 goals per season seem such a poor poor trade off consideting all the things we seem to be losing.

As for being biased, I am. I want chelsea to succeed and having this guy as a starter means impeding the primary objective. You don't need to be biased or have an agenda to see that this guy is not chelsea quality. Infact if u don', u might have an agenda urself. Trying to justify his contribution with goals means NOTHING. For god's sake, torres scored 23 goals in 2012-13 and we all know how shit he was and how much we regressed. Its the same with this guy. He is absolutelt redundant. And probablt the fact that he is replaced so easily in a big match shows that we should not have any problem whatsoever in replacing his meagre contributions.

Just need to be careful shipping players away as soon as they are in a slump or they may hurt us later. Or they will develop elsewhere and people who wanted them gone will say "oops my bad" bc they don't have a stake in the game.

Aren't we all complaining about the small squad which prevents Jose from rotating? And yet KDB is gone, so is Andre and Salah with just one Cuadrado in.

If Oscar is underperforming, then it's really up to the manager to start someone else - simple really. Oscar does not pick the team. If and when he recovers his form, then he can be rotated in and then start if consistent enough... Jose doesn't seem to work like that though, as he plays the same set of players in both cup and CL.

Sometimes I'm confused as to what people here are complaining about... is it Oscar or Jose for starting him? I am sure Oscar wanted to be playing better... at the very least like he was at the start of the season?

Oscar is like many young promising players: has very good moments and then a dip in form. Not really different from any young player out there. If Fabregas, a senior, is allowed to play like shit for so long why shouldn't a far younger player?

Both. Oscar for playing like crap and Jose for continuing to play him.

Because that "far younger player" is having his third season in a row where he's had "a dip in form" for most of the second part of the season. Also he's not THAT young anymore. He's gonna be 24 in september.

The way you talk about him makes it seem like he some 18 y old kid having his first season of professional football. 3rd season here and he's shown almost no signs of improving even though he's been getting regular playing time.

Patience has run out with him.

Now personally i'm fine with keeping him as a squad player but he definitely shouldn't be a starter for us next season.

I don't want him gone at all! I think he has great value when in his prime mode. The problem many have here is he needs to find more consistency which I would bet isn't the easiest thing when he's running all over the pitch. He definitely needs to be in better shape if he's gonna be the player we need him to be on a consistent basis, on current form he doesn't seem to have the stamina to play his game for the duration of the season.

The squad is without question lacking depth but high end depth isn't cheap and we aren't exactly swimming in cash... We basically went with a small squad so we can get the right players in. It makes it hard to compete on all fronts but the reality is we are a very good XI and have a few holes to plug on the bench.

Oscar, of all the attacking players has been rotated the most. He's not the only one struggling for form but he is the one often on the bench... Jose needs more options but options are expensive and how many games do high end subs get in order to justify paying upwards of 25m+ for them? its not easy to keep everyone happy.

Again you're not telling me anything I haven't observed for myself! I realize that he isn't the only one struggling but his case it different to that of Cesc mainly because we have a few more options there than we do in the DLP role.

For the record I'm not an Oscar fan, I'm a Chelsea fan, I've always said players come and go and the badge endures... Since I am a Chelsea fan I support our squad and I'm not dumb enough to expect consistency from a player who is 23 not considered world class. He is struggling but I'm not the type to come online trying to protect my ego by spewing nothing but negative comments for a player who scores for my club and assists for my club and plays hard for my club. You are entitled to your opinion, like a few others here you seem hellbent to drive home you don't like him and you look like a complete tool doing it too. No one in their right mind can say Willian has made more contributions to the team than Oscar... Anyone who does I would call a moron. And why are you talking about Fellaini now? of course Fellaini has value and use, just because he's not world class doesn't mean he can't function within a team.

The best aspect of Oscar's game is not his goalscoring (though I can understand why you think that way since he does have a knack for it) but is work rate and his ability to get stuck in all over the pitch. If you really think the reason he's in the squad is because of his goalscoring than you clearly have no clue about what Jose wants his first place club to play like. Before Jose, Mata had 18 goals and a boatload of assists, you think Jose doesn't understand the value of such a player? He chose Oscar because when the goals aren't flying in he's still useful to the team and works.

Glad you finally admit your bias! We're finally getting somewhere now! When we had what many people considered the best 10 in the prem we finished 6th and 3rd. You'd be happy to know with Oscar the team went from 3rd to 1st. So if all you want is for Chelsea to succeed look no further than the standings! With Oscar as our 10 we're right where we want to be. He's not solely responsible but he's not solely to blame as to why we're not better. Its a TEAM everyone has a function within the team philosophy! No amount of minutes playing FIFA 15 can get you to grasp this concept but please believe me it exists! There is a method to this perceived madness and we're reaping the benefits of it this year.

And for the record I wasn't trying to justify his contributions through goals, you made the assertion that Willian can do everything that Oscar can which is clearly a myth that I've exposed. I've clearly said that Oscar, when in his top form contributes both offensively and defensively, the sad part about what we're seeing from him now is he's not giving us much of anything at either end. You're not gonna see me argue against that, he's been poor... Do I think he's shit? hell no! he's Chelsea player working for Jose Mourinho, I know even if I can't see it that the kid adds value to the squad(I do see it)

You have no concept of how Jose likes to play so I'm jut gonna leave it with this. Whether you choose to agree or disagree is up to you I'm not gonna battle ignorance and arrogance in a few paragraphs... When Chelsea want to play expansive football Oscar is in the 10, when Chelsea want to play compact football Ramires plays either 8 or 7. That is about as obvious to anyone who has even watched half a season of Mourinho at Chelsea. Its not about big game players, its about big game shape. He did the same thing with Ozil right after calling him the best 10 in the world and few could argue there was a time when Ozil was right up there.

So please give it a rest! The most important aspect in all of this is he plays for Chelsea and we all want him to succeed! At least I do! And writing 10 posts a day about why you hate him so much and why you think Isco is what we need isn't gonna make it so... Oscar is our 10! We are winning the Premier League so there really isn't much room for argument, clearly what we're doing is working so why not enjoy rather than bitch and moan about the things you have absolutely no control over? Just some advice...

it seems your idioticness in supporting oscar seems to have made u fail to read and comprehend a simple thing that i said, which is, unlike popular opinion like yours and other oscar fans, he is NOT our only or even the best option as a no.10. remember when jose had said to jamie redknapp that you cant compare the stats of a player who plays with all freedom (mata) compared to a player who is forced to cover for defender on the wing (willian), so this is the same case. but it still does not change the fact that willian is better than oscar in a no.10 role.

and like about KDB, jose has got it all wrong with oscar. he might be kept in the team for his workrate but what workrate are you talking about? what matches do u watch to justify oscar's supposed workrate. please take off your stupid oscar googles off and give your oscar love a rest. there is no workrate here rather nothing that we cant get with willian or rambo. get stuck all over the pitch... hahahahahhahaha.. making a couple of slide tackles does not mean that he is good defensively. oscar is poor and that is shown by the fact that he is kicked out of the team whenever we have to play a big match. and that gives us far more balance than with him in the team. willian might not commit to tackles, but his covering for iva is fabulous. this myth about oscar getting stuck all over the pitch is another delusion of granduer from his loved ones.

atleast i can accept my bias compared to people like you who dont. we won the CL with mata, something you have forgotten very conveniently. yes, its a TEAM effort so does that mean GC is awesome? that he does not need to be replaced? that iva has been brilliant defensively all season long? i think you need to get the concept of improvement in your oscar loving head. oscar's season is the best he can possibly have. there is nothing more he can give to us. and it is not just this season but the previous 2too that can prove it so. his general play have regressed. his fans now have to come with even more pathetic excuses than "he is tired". so please give it a rest. oscar has no future here and he simply cant worthy enough of a no.10 for this team. as for fifa, give it a rest mate. the only reason you oscar fans seem to like him is cos he has an awesome rating or something, cos quite honestly, no chelsea fan would be willing to put up with his half arsed performances. i mean RAMBO is probably the least technical players, but god knows he tries. but this is the 3rd time in as many season that oscar has not only dropped in form but also in effort. his antics last year to preserve himself for the world cup over our CL and PL campaigns was probably the most selfish and the lowest thing i have ever seen.

here, we go again. no one has a concept of how jose wants to play except for the oscar lovers who know it all. its actually like mikel under ancelotti all over again. no one except for mikel lovers knew exactly what was required and boy!! were we glad on how it all turned out. next comes the question of oscar's no.10 position in chelsea's expansive football? yet his best aspect is that he is a workhorse.. now i am confused.

fine dude. we dont need varane. we are winning the PL so GC for captaincy. iva as a RB and azpi as a LB for another season. I mean we are winning the PL, are not we. so everything happening right now and every player playing is flawless and perfect. 100% perfect. rather than asking me to stop bitching and moaning about a player who does not seem to give a fuck, why dont you atleast be honest to yourself. like i said, take off your oscar glasses and watch a chelsea match without the prejudice of his supposed work rate and awesome defensive prowess to see that he is doing NOTHING of it. as for your advice, please keep it to yourself. not required, needed or asked. as for isco, i admit i was wrong comparing oscar and isco. 2 players who are in different planes and levels and even the comparision is a slap on his face.

it seems your idioticness in supporting oscar seems to have made u fail to read and comprehend a simple thing that i said,

Mate, as a moderator I need to ask you to cut this agression out. It's not to be tolerated. It's a fine line words like that tread and I'm sure the other staff will agree. You can say what you need to say without the attitude. This is your informal warning, I'm sure you can clean up before real warning and suspensions need to be dished out.

Regardless of the said commitment or how the club value him, if he doesn't start to wake up he will be gone this summer. I stand by that 100%, right now he is a complete passenger. It's not just Oscar it's a lot of them, but right now he's shocking.

Where do people come off saying that oscar is our best option for a no.10. Like fuck he is.

Can't remember which game but recently willian played a game as a no.10 and BOSSED IT!!!! Against man city last year, played as a no.10 and BOSSED IT!!! Almost every oppurtunity willian has got to play in his natural position (there have not been many), he has been good. Its time for people to stop giving stupid excuses and accept the fact that oscar is not good enough.

I also remember that performance but not the game. To say Willian bossed it however is going too far I think. He did well for sure but a part of the overestimation of his impact that day is the severely reduced expectation we have of señor Borges da Silva. We expect nothing so when we get a little we appreciate it a lot. That was his best ever game in the ten role for us, probably his best game as a blue full stop but I don't agree with the highlighted comment.

Willian has played the ten role a number of times, particularly last season when it was probably true to say that Oscar lost his place in the side rather than that Willian gained it. Trouble is every time Oscar lost his position, Willian lost it back again fairly quickly and rightly so in my opinion. When playing as number ten, Willian carries the ball better than Oscar and looks neater, technically speaking. In terms of contribution however he achieves less.

I grant you it often seems as much by luck as by judgement, but at least some of Oscar's round the corner passes and flicks, make things happen. Willian in the ten seems to me to slow our movement without adding any greater accuracy or penetration and he seldom manages to make a difference. Not even by luck.

Terrible first half, was absolutely nowhere.

Thought he was a lot better in the second half - credit to him for that. Could have and maybe should have scored at least one of his second half chances, but fair play to Forster.