Oscar

themightyblue

People defend Oscar with "he is inconsistent", no he's not inconsistent. He is incapable. He is good at pressing but bad at most other things we need for a player in his position. Just count how many balls he lost with a failed dribble/take on, misplaced passes.

He plays good when Cesc, Matic, Costa and Hazard are playing well. But he doesn't help when we are struggling, we are Chelsea and we should do better.

so does Coutinho. in fact i would say coutinho is more inconsistent then Oscar

Really? based on stats (whoscored.com), since January 1, 2015...Oscar has an average rating of 7.1 (7 games played), while Coutinho has an average rating of 7.8 (9 games played)

Really? based on stats (whoscored.com), since January 1, 2015...Oscar has an average rating of 7.1 (7 games played), while Coutinho has an average rating of 7.8 (9 games played)

Coutinho was worse than Oscar in first half of season. Oscar is worse in second half. So, if Coutinho performing better right now, it doesn't mean he was fantastic all the season and he is Mr. Consistency.

He's really not good enough, lacking in technical ability, goals and vision to be a proper number 10. I was on board with the Oscar-Fabregas theory earlier in the season (that his workrate and filling in allows Cesc to flourish and go forward more) but it's BS, he looks so out of his depth it's unreal.

Same could be said for both Willian and Ramires as well for that matter... to think we bought three Brazilians and they all lack the skill, vision and ability - who would have thought that. The funny thing is Oscar is a year older than Countinho (if i'm correct) and just look at how much Countinho' improving season by season, Oscar is actually regressing and practically becomes useless in the months Nov to May.

When you consistently watch the likes of Oscar, Willian etc doing the same rubbish thing on the pitch every time, you can't help but to wonder 'what on earth do these players do in training?!'. We keep on seeing the same deficiencies every week and there's like no improvement at all!

Coutinho was worse than Oscar in first half of season. Oscar is worse in second half. So, if Coutinho performing better right now, it doesn't mean he was fantastic all the season and he is Mr. Consistency.

I never said he was fantastic all season...but at the most important point of the season, where titles are won and lost, Coutinho starts performing consistently and Oscar goes missing

When you consistently watch the likes of Oscar, Willian etc doing the same rubbish thing on the pitch every time, you can't help but to wonder 'what on earth do these players do in training?!'. We keep on seeing the same deficiencies every week and there's like no improvement at all!

In the first half of the season, our attacking movement was there for everyone to see. The movement, chance creation and pressing energy was high.

Now for the 2nd season in a row, the 2nd half of the season we are scared to attack, we don't press for more than 10 mins in a match and I think its becoming evident that we don't practice attacking movement any more, very frustrating because not many can beat us attack for attack Everton experienced this earlier in the season.

In the first half of the season, our attacking movement was there for everyone to see. The movement, chance creation and pressing energy was high.

Now for the 2nd season in a row, the 2nd half of the season we are scared to attack, we don't press for more than 10 mins in a match and I think its becoming evident that we don't practice attacking movement any more, very frustrating because not many can beat us attack for attack Everton experienced this earlier in the season.

Was talking more about individuals. You can probably count of the number of players who have improved since Mourinho returned with one hand!

Coutinho has been very inconsistent this season i have watched him a lot and there have been countless games where he was annoymous, he always seems to have 1 or 2 months of good form in a seaosn but pretty average for most of the season.

I never said he was fantastic all season...but at the most important point of the season, where titles are won and lost, Coutinho starts performing consistently and Oscar goes missing

Many people will say we won the title in the 1st half of the season where Oscar was excellent, and Liverpool lost thier chance of even being involved in the title run in because of how bad they were in the 1st half of the season, where Coutinho was poor.

Was talking more about individuals. You can probably count of the number of players who have improved since Mourinho returned with one hand!

Most of the time, defenders improve under Mourinho. Far more than attackers hazard, Ronaldo, ozil, Milito, Sneijder are the only attackers I can remember who IMPROVED since he left us in 2008

How exactly has coutinho improved season by season?

Ask any Liverpool fan and they'll tell you.

He was very inconsistent and lacked the end product. He was always a good dribbler but just didn't do anything with it. Now he's performing well week in week out, he's scoring some vital goals as well as setting up a few with some fantastic passes. These past few months he's been Liverpool' best player, when have we said that about Oscar?

Has Hazard REALLY improved though? He had the most open play assists in the PL in his first season & all his "best" goals came that year. I think in terms of consistency yeah but we're seeing less and less "genius" plays from him since Jose arrived. Iconic moments that define a players career.

Has Hazard REALLY improved though? He had the most open play assists in the PL in his first season & all his "best" goals came that year. I think in terms of consistency yeah but we're seeing less and less "genius" plays from him since Jose arrived. Iconic moments that define a players career.

I'm going to have to agree here on the improvement part.

Hazard can show more because more is on him, while when he first arrived a lot of it was on Mata. I don't think he has improved, in the attacking sense, at all to be fair. Maybe in positional awareness probably, but even at Lille he wasn't completely lazy in that sense. And he still has moments where he switches off.

I don't think Mourinho is the ideal manager for a young attack minded players. He works best with veterans and defenders. Oscar arrived as one of the best talents in World yet the idiots on this board are talking about him like he's some sort of pub player.

I'm going to have to agree here on the improvement part.

Hazard can show more because more is on him, while when he first arrived a lot of it was on Mata. I don't think he has improved, in the attacking sense, at all to be fair. Maybe in positional awareness probably, but even at Lille he wasn't completely lazy in that sense. And he still has moments where he switches off.

Exactly. His productivity hasn't significantly improved if at all, he's still not much of a killer and Jose has taken the tricks out of his game.

Ask any Liverpool fan and they'll tell you.

He was very inconsistent and lacked the end product. He was always a good dribbler but just didn't do anything with it. Now he's performing well week in week out, he's scoring some vital goals as well as setting up a few with some fantastic passes. These past few months he's been Liverpool' best player, when have we said that about Oscar?

Coutinho has always been a massive talent but matches would just pass him by for the most part. He lacked the ability to impact matches, but he's growing and his development is very exciting. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up the form he's shown in 2015.

Hazard has definitely improved. Eden was a talented youngster when he first joined. Now he's a star.

But the role of a manager is minimal when it comes to these kind of talents. For example, Guardiola gave Messi the perfect platform to showcase his talents but he didn't actually improve Messi. No manager can teach Messi to caress the ball the way he does, strike the ball the way he does or make those brilliant decisions on the ball. It's all about their own mentality and will to improve.

He is not a leader, he is not good enough to be a CAM for Chelsea, he needs to be sold. I want a leader like Koke to replace this kid, who is not even a kid anymore as he is like 25 now or something.

He's actually 23, and why does he need to be a leader? He just needs to play his role in the team, as he does. Expecting a naturally shy personality to be a leader at 23 is beyond ambitious...