Oscar

themightyblue

Ok we can disagree on the term SLIGHTLY, it is a subjective matter, but sure he dropped in the second half of the season with comparison to the first half. The point that I always had when it came to young players such as Oscar, is that they will go through drops in form and periods of inconsistencies. He still contributes significantly to the team. Maybe now more defensively than offensively but still is important. Maybe it it is accumelated fatigue, maybe it is the weather, maybe something else I don't know for sure. But I know when he is in top form he is a great asset to have. I would not call him one of the greatest ( though I hope he becomes one) but I would certainly call him a key player.

As far as Pogba is concerned I think he is a good player and I can see your point. But even Pogba sometimes is clueless. Juventus vs Fiorentina last night he just didn't know what to do with the ball when he got it. He was definitely full of energy. But just kept making very weird decisions. In all fairness a lot of the Juve players did the same. My point is he too will go through dry spells Oscar is a young player and I don't think he will be happy being benched. Game time is key for his development. Benching him and bringing him for the easy games (mid/smaller) team will do nothing really but give him a strong feeling that he is not trusted and that will mount huge unnecessary pressure on him to perform. Currently the squad is doing well. We are dealing much better with teams that park the bus than last season. So offensively we are doing much better. I think it is not the correct time to think about Pogba. And Oscar dropping form is not a huge deal. After all Costa was like crap in the WC, great first half of the season, then dropped in form. These things happen.

Welcome back!

100% agreement with everything said except this.

a midfield 3 of Cesc, Pogba and Matic with Ramires as an option off the bench could dominate world football for years. I'm not discrediting what Oscar has brought to the team, I actually think he is an important piece. And as I've said before he's definitely increased his value since he was purchased for in and around £19.35m. Pogba gives us much more variety in terms of shape and style, I firmly believe he will be a world star if he isn't already at the age of 21.

If its pogba or Oscar the choice is easy for me, Paul Pogba, but he's about the only player I will trade in Oscar for.

where has this myth come from that Oscar's 2nd half of the season has been terrible???

Stats aside he hasn't really played to the level we expect of him. He's not having as much of an impact on how we play as he once was... Its a lull in his form, I hope he gets back to his best soon

Stats aside he hasn't really played to the level we expect of him. He's not having as much of an impact on how we play as he once was... Its a lull in his form, I hope he gets back to his best soon

he has had some good games and some bad games this year, the same can be said about almost every other player in the team, yet Oscar is the one who has apparentley gone missing. Complete Garbage.

he has had some good games and some bad games this year, the same can be said about almost every other player in the team, yet Oscar is the one who has apparentley gone missing. Complete Garbage.

I agree with the notion he has weak/poor second halves of season, but I also agree with you to a small extent that he hasn't been as bad as people are making him out to be this particular second half. He's been okay, but then again, most of our attackers as you said have too. Cesc and Diego missed a few matches through injury, suspension (but then again, so did Oscar), Willian seemed to have picked some form since Cuadrado arrived - but hasn't played to that level the last two games imo (dropping a bit quality, no surprise he's been benched, he's definitely tired). Cuadrado is a non-factor, Remy and Drogba didn't play enough to be part of the argument. One could make a case for Hazard, but while he's had some very good matches this calendar year, he hasn't influenced in some others. As a team we've been poor in most of our presentations this calendar year, still people will only talk about Oscar... the players are tired - we had little rotation in the squad, our bench - especially midfielders - weren't in good form to come off the bench and change a game for us, quite the opposite, they were in bad form/condition technically or/and physically. Matic even admitted after one match they aren't robots. They ARE tired, there's no doubt about it and while I wish we had rotated more, when I looked to our bench and the kind of performances they had, I completely understood why Mourinho was reluctant. Schurrle and Ramires have been sick/injured for too long, both came back rusty. Salah more often than not was an horror show (which surprises me how he's doing so great at Fiorentina. He's missed some very stupid passes, linkups, and even goals while he was here). Who exactly would replace one between Oscar, Willian and Hazard? Not to mention all our strikers picked injuries too...

His performances haven't been good. If you can't see that then any further debating with you is just pointless.

As i already said he has had some good games and some bad games in 2015. So for you to say he has gone missing in 2015 is ridiculous, and if you cant see that then any further debating with you is just pointless.

It's funny when people here ask a genuine question like 'why are people judging Oscar to be poor', backing it up with arguments why this does not particularly seems to be the case. Only to be responded to with phrases like 'he's poor, it's a fact,' without any arguments whatsover and getting likes for it.

I'm not the biggest Oscar fan (his overall game on this level is just not up to par imo) but i understand his role in the team but I am genuinly confused about what exactly is so different from his performance the first half of the season and the second.

First half against West Ham for example was as good as i've seen him play during his 'better' first half of the season.

I didn't say it was a fact. I said it would be pointless to debate it further because it's always going to come back to the same thing. I'm gonna say Oscar 's been poor, Pacquaio gonna say he was good.

We could throw arguments at each other but neither one of us is gonna change their mind.

Goals and assists don't equal good performance. For example the Newcastle game where he scored a goal and got an assist he was awful performance wise. Also his 3 goals and 2 assists this year have come in three games.

Tottenham : assist that wasn't really an assist but a shot at goal and his performance was poor. Newcastle : goal and assist but poor performance, Swansea : 2 goals this was a good 90 minute performance. 3 games he scored or assisted in and 2 of those he was poor, performance wise.

The other 7 games he wasn't good either. He was good in the first half against West Ham but he was again invisible in the second half.

absolute LOL at some of the comments on here.

i mean is it wrong or vague to say that Cahill has had a poorer season this season than his previous one? i dont think so. IT IS A FACT. anyone who watches the game can see it for himself/herself. it is not a debate, it is not up for an argument. similarly, oscar has been poor in the second halves of the last 2 seasons, is not a debate. anyone who has watched chelsea matches knows that for a fact. and the same trend is been followed by him this season, if you cant see that, you are either an oscar fan rather than chelsea fan or you are simply an idiot.

I wouldn't adverse to selling Oscar and getting in a creative number 10 (who isn't tactically naive and obviously stil has decent work rate) in someone like Isco - and then let Willian be our defensive CAM/cover or competition for that RW spot.

Name these 4/5 games he's played well in then?

spurs - LOL

newcastle - one of the worst first halves

swansea - brilliant performance

city - non existent

villa - poor

burnley - poor

whu- good to decent game.

bradford city - poor (fa cup)

liverpool - non existent.

out of the 9 games that he has started, i can safely say that he has not had more than 2 "good" games.

I think most are going to get their wish, he will be sold in the summer to make way for Pogba. I have a suspension he will be sold to Juve plus cash for Pogba.

Mark my words if we sell him we will regret it.

I have not been wrong on any of the players we have sold. Lukaku i was always bearish on him, thought he had little upside compared to others. I never rated him since he first arrived always felt he was overrated based on his physical ability. I always believe young players can develop physically but much harder to develop on technical basis, always bet on the more technical player.

Thought KDB should been kept and i had posted that he would be worth 40m+ in a few years. Most here thought we were robbing Wolfsburg, Most here were content with getting 18m for KDB, a player that barely played but forgot how much potential he showed at every stop.

Schurrle- I though he got extremely overrated during the World Cup, then extremely underrated before he was sold. Good player, but never thought he would be a Chelsea regular because of multiple reasons. He will do well at Wolfsburg, but it was good we sold him.

Salah i thought he could mirror Cuadrado in production and value, my god he has blown my expectation out of the water. He is playing at a level Cuadrado has never reached at Fiorentina.

Then there is Sturridge, where i was called a fanboy for defending him. Still believe if he stays healthy he is one of the best in the league easily. His production and scoring record when healthy is as good as any player in the league.