Oscar

themightyblue

agree with what was said above. he really just needs consistent minutes to flourish. shows glimpses of his form in these sort of cameo matches for him now. love how he drops deep into space vacated by cesc and others. love his playstyle

I'll never understand why people have short term memory like this. Before the last 4/5 games or so Oscar was playing all the time. You can't tell me someone who has clocked around 2000 minutes already this season isn't getting consistent playing time.

It's like last season all over again, he plays well for the first few months then in the second half of the season turns to shit... he's had plenty of rest so he cant be tired, i honestly dont know whats wrong with him. We're at the most important stage of the season he needs to step it up big time.

If I took most people on this thread seriously I would be pissed, as I don't, I just smirk a bit and shake my head.

Oscar was one of our best players in the first half. Created that chance for Costa at mark 6, another for Hazard, a through ball for Ramires from our field, and another one I can't remember now to whom... he linked up very well with the players surrounding him and while it wasn't an outstanding performance, by the comments made by the same old people here you'd think he was awful. He pressed and ran a lot and actually when he was involved we had control of the ball, and kept possession.

His second half was mediocre, but then again, was he mediocre or was Chelsea pressed, neutralized and didn't offer much response until right in the end of the match?

As I said, good thing I stopped taking you people seriously a long time ago. Your bias about your own player is laughable and quite honest shameful. He deserves criticism and I wouldn't oppose at all for an upgrade. The thing is most names suggested here aren't actually upgrades or don't suit the system. The kid can make a good squad member and I liked that formation the best - recently.

Just bring Matic back, so Zouma can go to the CB and play Ramires-Oscar-Hazard behind Costa, with Fabregas with Matic.

Not only Ramires has been playing pretty well recently, but he (nor Oscar) wouldn't have missed the ridiculous goal Willian missed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mourinho replaces Willian for Ramires for a few games and if we play like we did in the first (in an away derby), I think it'll last more than a few games.

If I took most people on this thread seriously I would be pissed, as I don't, I just smirk a bit and shake my head.

Oscar was one of our best players in the first half. Created that chance for Costa at mark 6, another for Hazard, a through ball for Ramires from our field, and another one I can't remember now to whom... he linked up very well with the players surrounding him and while it wasn't an outstanding performance, by the comments made by the same old people here you'd think he was awful. He pressed and ran a lot and actually when he was involved we had control of the ball, and kept possession.

His second half was mediocre, but then again, was he mediocre or was Chelsea pressed, neutralized and didn't offer much response until right in the end of the match?

As I said, good thing I stopped taking you people seriously a long time ago. Your bias about your own player is laughable and quite honest shameful. He deserves criticism and I wouldn't oppose at all for an upgrade. The thing is most names suggested here aren't actually upgrades or don't suit the system. The kid can make a good squad member and I liked that formation the best - recently.

Just bring Matic back, so Zouma can go to the CB and play Ramires-Oscar-Hazard behind Costa, with Fabregas with Matic.

Not only Ramires has been playing pretty well recently, but he (nor Oscar) wouldn't have missed the ridiculous goal Willian missed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mourinho replaces Willian for Ramires for a few games and if we play like we did in the first (in an away derby), I think it'll last more than a few games.

Only Pogba would be an improvement. The lack of top #10's out there is limited. Even less is the ones that work both ways.

looool. I guess I didn't miss much having been away from the forum since the WC. Seems to be a trend to completely dismiss the guy when he drops slightly drops in form. When will this guy get a break I have no clue. :)

looool. I guess I didn't miss much having been away from the forum since the WC. Seems to be a trend to completely dismiss the guy when he drops slightly drops in form. When will this guy get a break I have no clue. :)

Slightly ? This is his 3rd season here and it's the 3rd time he's dropped form in the second part of the season.

WNDS probably said it best. He's a player that doesn't really excel at anything. A jack of all trades but master of none so he needs to be in top form to contribute to the team.

If he's not in top form he doesn't really have anything special to offer to the team.

Now that wouldn't such a big problem if he were a consistent performer but he simply isn't. He usually goes off form in the second part of the season.

Personally i'd keep Oscar but i'd be looking for an improvement. Pogba would be the dream signing. He's got everything you'd wish for in CM, he's a threat from long range, fast , physical, tall, high workrate and his technical ability is just ridiculous.

Games against top teams : Pogba Matic in CM and Fabregas on the 10. Other games: Fabregas Matic in CM and Pogba on the 10.

If Pogba costs too much i'd be looking for a more creative number 10. The way i see it Ramires Matic with Fabregas in front seems to be Mourinho's favorite line up against the top and sub top teams.

So that leaves Oscar starting against the smaller and midtable teams. Teams that usually sit deep and where we need more creativity to break them down.

you've been missed. I was wondering where you went the other day. Happy to have you back. :)

I used to believe in your idea that Oscar would be a future star at Chelsea, I was hoping he would make the #10 spot his own this season..

Unfortunately, after a bright start to the season, he's gone missing again...just like previous seasons

If someone offered us 35+ million (hypothetically) for Oscar, would you turn it down?

Slightly ? This is his 3rd season here and it's the 3rd time he's dropped form in the second part of the season.

WNDS probably said it best. He's a player that doesn't really excel at anything. A jack of all trades but master of none so he needs to be in top form to contribute to the team.

If he's not in top form he doesn't really have anything special to offer to the team.

Now that wouldn't such a big problem if he were a consistent performer but he simply isn't. He usually goes off form in the second part of the season.

Personally i'd keep Oscar but i'd be looking for an improvement. Pogba would be the dream signing. He's got everything you'd wish for in CM, he's a threat from long range, fast , physical, tall, high workrate and his technical ability is just ridiculous.

Games against top teams : Pogba Matic in CM and Fabregas on the 10. Other games: Fabregas Matic in CM and Pogba on the 10.

If Pogba costs too much i'd be looking for a more creative number 10. The way i see it Ramires Matic with Fabregas in front seems to be Mourinho's favorite line up against the top and sub top teams.

So that leaves Oscar starting against the smaller and midtable teams. Teams that usually sit deep and where we need more creativity to break them down.

Ok we can disagree on the term SLIGHTLY, it is a subjective matter, but sure he dropped in the second half of the season with comparison to the first half. The point that I always had when it came to young players such as Oscar, is that they will go through drops in form and periods of inconsistencies. He still contributes significantly to the team. Maybe now more defensively than offensively but still is important. Maybe it it is accumelated fatigue, maybe it is the weather, maybe something else I don't know for sure. But I know when he is in top form he is a great asset to have. I would not call him one of the greatest ( though I hope he becomes one) but I would certainly call him a key player.

As far as Pogba is concerned I think he is a good player and I can see your point. But even Pogba sometimes is clueless. Juventus vs Fiorentina last night he just didn't know what to do with the ball when he got it. He was definitely full of energy. But just kept making very weird decisions. In all fairness a lot of the Juve players did the same. My point is he too will go through dry spells Oscar is a young player and I don't think he will be happy being benched. Game time is key for his development. Benching him and bringing him for the easy games (mid/smaller) team will do nothing really but give him a strong feeling that he is not trusted and that will mount huge unnecessary pressure on him to perform. Currently the squad is doing well. We are dealing much better with teams that park the bus than last season. So offensively we are doing much better. I think it is not the correct time to think about Pogba. And Oscar dropping form is not a huge deal. After all Costa was like crap in the WC, great first half of the season, then dropped in form. These things happen.

I used to believe in your idea that Oscar would be a future star at Chelsea, I was hoping he would make the #10 spot his own this season..

Unfortunately, after a bright start to the season, he's gone missing again...just like previous seasons

If someone offered us 35+ million (hypothetically) for Oscar, would you turn it down?

Hypothetically or not, given the way Oscar has been performing, who on earth would even offer 35m+ for him? Heck, even if he's in good form and all, there's no way he's 30m+ player.

I don't think anyone would offer this money for him. I think he's a nice squad member when he's not performing to his best (and good in his apartment when he's bad).

As I said I don't oppose to an upgrade. If we sell him we need to sign a new guy AND a backup. If we keep him, we sign a new guy, he's the backup, the guy for certain matches, to rotate the team, or when we face some injuries. Mourinho rotated very little this season because we have an awful bench form wise. Now that Ramires is back though we have more options. Willian is in no way better than Oscar imo (all things considered), Cesc doesn't produce as much in the #10 position as he does from the pivot and Eden has rarely been used as a #10. Get us someone to start most matches, if that's the case, but there's no point selling a guy that coming from the bench can always crack a goal for us, maybe assist or give a couple of key passes. There's no need to get rid of him from the squad, from the starting XI maybe, but not from the squad.

Ok we can disagree on the term SLIGHTLY, it is a subjective matter, but sure he dropped in the second half of the season with comparison to the first half. The point that I always had when it came to young players such as Oscar, is that they will go through drops in form and periods of inconsistencies. He still contributes significantly to the team. Maybe now more defensively than offensively but still is important. Maybe it it is accumelated fatigue, maybe it is the weather, maybe something else I don't know for sure. But I know when he is in top form he is a great asset to have. I would not call him one of the greatest ( though I hope he becomes one) but I would certainly call him a key player.

As far as Pogba is concerned I think he is a good player and I can see your point. But even Pogba sometimes is clueless. Juventus vs Fiorentina last night he just didn't know what to do with the ball when he got it. He was definitely full of energy. But just kept making very weird decisions. In all fairness a lot of the Juve players did the same. My point is he too will go through dry spells Oscar is a young player and I don't think he will be happy being benched. Game time is key for his development. Benching him and bringing him for the easy games (mid/smaller) team will do nothing really but give him a strong feeling that he is not trusted and that will mount huge unnecessary pressure on him to perform. Currently the squad is doing well. We are dealing much better with teams that park the bus than last season. So offensively we are doing much better. I think it is not the correct time to think about Pogba. And Oscar dropping form is not a huge deal. After all Costa was like crap in the WC, great first half of the season, then dropped in form. These things happen.

Problem is that he's only in top form for half of the season then his performances take a nosedive. He's young but he's not THAT young anymore.He's not 18 or 19, he's 23 and turns 24 in september. I expected more from Oscar this season.

He's not a key player for me. Fabregas is a key player. Hazard is a key player. Matic is a key player. Terry is a key player. Key players for me are players that we can't really replace. When they don't play we lose something.

Oscar isn't one of them for me.

I don't really have a problem with players dropping in form like you say these things happen but this is Oscar's third consecutive season where he drops form in the second part of the season. That's my main problem with it. It's been a recurring thing.

How long can we continue to start a player that everytime goes missing in the second part of the season ?

It's true that benching him wouldn't be good for his development but the thing is i'm not looking after Oscar's best interest i'm looking at the teams best interest and that for me is looking for an improvement in the summer.

where has this myth come from that Oscar's 2nd half of the season has been terrible???

He started off 2015 well, with 3 goals and 3 assists in his first 5 games this year, since then he played very well against Liverpool in the League Cup, was also good aganst Villa, wasnt so good against Burnley or Man City but none of our attacking players were and played well against West Ham in the 1st half on Wednesday, not exactly bad form is it?

a lot of delusional Chelsea fans who really dont have a clue regarding certain players, Oscar has had a very good season so far, he has had a few bad games, but most have been good. I dont know what more people want from him? He creates chances, scores goals, links play, presses very well, gives the team good balance, and contributes defensively.

No doubt in my mind that Oscar is going to become a genuine world class footballer, and there are not many world class players around, this guy has everything to become world class, some fans on here really remind me of those West Ham fans who questioned Harry Redknapp for putting Lampard in the West Ham team all those years ago.

Problem is that he's only in top form for half of the season then his performances take a nosedive. He's young but he's not THAT young anymore.He's not 18 or 19, he's 23 and turns 24 in september. I expected more from Oscar this season.

He's not a key player for me. Fabregas is a key player. Hazard is a key player. Matic is a key player. Terry is a key player. Key players for me are players that we can't really replace. When they don't play we lose something.

Oscar isn't one of them for me.

I don't really have a problem with players dropping in form like you say these things happen but this is Oscar's third consecutive season where he drops form in the second part of the season. That's my main problem with it. It's been a recurring thing.

How long can we continue to start a player that everytime goes missing in the second part of the season ?

It's true that benching him wouldn't be good for his development but the thing is i'm not looking after Oscar's best interest i'm looking at the teams best interest and that for me is looking for an improvement in the summer.

please explain how on earth Oscar has gone missing in the 2nd half of the season??? He has started 10 games and has 3 goals and 3 assists in 2015, plus some good performances where he wasnt rewarded with a goal or assist. yeah he has really gone missing hasnt he. :clown:

In fact in 2015 none of our attackers have been consistentley good so far, Ivanovic has made up for our inconsistent attackers in 2015 with some vital goals. So no Oscar hasnt gone missing at all, thats pure fantasy.