Oscar

themightyblue

If even Lionsden is defending Oscar today that means you have an obvious agenda against Oscar. He was great in the first half, understandably disappeared after the interval once the game descended into a hoofing contest.

I'd say that in fact he disappeared well before half time but even so I was satisfied with Oscar today.

So lets just ignore the fact Oscar and Ramires started against Liverpool away. And lets just keep pretending that when Jose wants to play 4-3-3 that the reason Oscar often gets left out is clearly not because there is no room for a number 10 in a 4-3-3 formation.

Some Chelsea fans lack of knowledge is bizarre

Some Chelsea fans need to learn how to read properly. I said "He started the majority of those games because Ramires wasn't 100 % fit." The majority. I didn't say he started all of them because of Ramires not being fit.

We don't play a 4-3-3 we almost always play a 4-2-3-1. Fabregas goes into the number 10 role. Ramires and Matic are the 2 players protecting the back four.

Agree with Lionden, he was good in the first half today. Second half difficult with the game being so stretched.

Nope. I tried, but I won't ever understand the discussions about Oscar. I just don't see any of it.

In my world, he had a pretty good game like most of our players today. He linked up very well with Eden and Cesc, and his movement was excellent. In defense he was also probably the player that pressed the most in our team (mainly because Diego looked tired/not arsed to press half of the time). Made a few wrong decisions on the ball, but that's very normal for all of our attacking players.

What was he supposed to do when the defenders were hoofing the ball and Costa couldn't win one aerial duel to save his life?

Learn the game.

You're the one who needs to learn the game. Oscar was terrible in this game. Did absolutely nothing to contribute to his team's overall performance and was at best a passenger and at worst anonymous. I'm not going to apologize for anybody or use any double standard. He was simply very, very poor.

He played well when in possession of the ball during the first-half, but faded out of the game after half-time. His play when the team is out of possession is what concerns me the most at the moment, given that it's usually one of his stronger points; he's often slow into challenges and his positioning is sometimes off as well.

Some Chelsea fans need to learn how to read properly. I said "He started the majority of those games because Ramires wasn't 100 % fit." The majority. I didn't say he started all of them because of Ramires not being fit.

We don't play a 4-3-3 we almost always play a 4-2-3-1. Fabregas goes into the number 10 role. Ramires and Matic are the 2 players protecting the back four.

Agree with Lionden, he was good in the first half today. Second half not really that much football being played.

no we dont, we go into a 4-3-3 when defending and then Cesc moves further forward when we have the ball.

and after the way Ramires played today, he will probably take Willian's place in the team.

We will most likely start like this against PSG

Fabregas - Matic

Ramires - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

but i am sure the same people on here will come up with more excuses as to why Oscar keeps starting games.

He played the same way he does always... can't create anything.. can't influence the game in any way, don't know how to play in counter attack, don't risk anything...

There is no place for Oscar in the starting 11 of this team.

He is less visible because last year he was the one connecting midfield to attack, now thats Cescs role. His role is something like track back, make simple passes etc nowdays...and if he is invisible it doesnt mean he is not playing well.

no we dont, we go into a 4-3-3 when defending and then Cesc moves further forward when we have the ball.

and after the way Ramires played today, he will probably take Willian's place in the team.

We will most likely start like this against PSG

Fabregas - Matic

Ramires - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

but i am sure the same people on here will come up with more excuses as to why Oscar keeps starting games.

Ramires was excellent on the right today, but I can't see him being able to contribute much in attack (at all) from that same position against a side like PSG. As for Oscar, I thought he played quite well today, but not well enough to convince Mourinho to play him from the start against PSG. I would anticipate that we'll play the same front six that started the first-leg: Matic; Ramires, Fabregas; Willian, Hazard; Costa, lined-up in a 4-3-3 formation.

He is less visible because last year he was the one connecting midfield to attack, now thats Cescs role. His role is something like track back, make simple passes etc nowdays...and if he is invisible it doesnt mean he is not playing well.

• Hazard was the one connecting everything last season. He was poor for the majority of last season and there were these same apologies for his mediocre performances. Everything was blamed for his poor performances but the player himself.
  • Sorry but what does that even mean? His role first and foremost is to show on a consistent basis he has enough quality to be a starting XI player for this club. If he was doing what Mourinho wanted, why did he get subbed out? Why does he get subbed out in almost every game and why is he not trusted to start the big games? Especially since he's supposed to bring this amazing defensive contribution to the team?

Coutinho has always being far more talented than Oscar that it's not even debatable. Coutinho is a superior dribbler, passer, better vision,superior first touch, more intelligent. As a matter of fact, the only aspect of the game where Coutinho and Oscar should ever be mentioned in the same sentence is defensive contribution and finishing because the former is well ahead in every other department by a huge margin.

If coutinho keeps his consistency up, the comparison will look even more foolish than it currently is. It's like comparing Pjanic to Guarin even though the colombian actually has better goals and assist stats overall this season but you only need to watch them play to know who's better and more consistent.

Why the same breath? Oscar is miles ahead in the defensive/off the ball department.

Coutinho is worse than Mata in that regard.

Hoping I don't get blown up by saying this but I thought he was very good today.

Faded in the second half mainly because he was all over the place filling gaps left by every midfielder we played today.

He showed a spark in the 1st half... Hope he can build on that.