Oscar

themightyblue

The problem with Oscar is not that he is a terrible player (far from it), but rather that he has no inherent physical or technical attributes that he can fall back upon when he is off-form. Many of the other players in our squad possess at least one physical attribute that allows them to be of some use to the team when they are playing poorly; Hazard/Willian/Cuadrado/Ramires have pace, Matic/Mikel/Costa have strength etc. Oscar even loses out to Fabregas (another player lacking raw athleticism) because he cannot match him in terms of creativity. Basically, his 'jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none' style-of-play means that there will often be someone else in the squad who is capable of carrying out a specific tactical role more effectively in games against opponents who possess individual quality equal/superior to our own.

I think the one hope Oscar has of becoming a genuine member of our first-choice starting 11 in the coming seasons is if he develops into a (consistent) Lampard-style midfield goalscorer; it's the only way that I can see him making himself indispensable to Mourinho.

so how is that relevant? just because we won it doesnt mean its now such an important competition. :clown:

Consistency in the PL is what is important. dont act like i picked a competition at random, i picked the most important one. and please explain how he is just not good enough to consistently make the chelsea 11 anymore??? pretty bizarre thing to say.

In 2015 we have played 12 games, Oscar started 9 of those 12 games, so please stop the delusion, that Oscar is apparently not good enough to start games anymore. :clown: :clown: :clown:

No no. It's not at all important. Thw best managet in the world was ecstatic to win a useless tournament. Infact who evet performs well in that competition should be banned. :lol:

Consistency over the whole season, every game is important. By the way, what were the 3 games that oscar dint starts? Was it pool awat, psg away and spurs fibal. In short the 3 most important games of that time frame. The only reason that he did start the city game was cos we literallt did not have any other substitutd. In short, he is not trusted by his manager to start a game against a half decent opposition. God, that proves that he is probably the most important player of the team, is not he. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delusions of grandeur.

No no. It's not at all important. Thw best managet in the world was ecstatic to win a useless tournament. Infact who evet performs well in that competition should be banned. :lol:

You do realize he was so happy becuase he ended his trophy drought not because he won the CoC Cup. surley you cant be that clueless. :clown:

Consistency over the whole season, every game is important. By the way, what were the 3 games that oscar dint starts? Was it pool awat, psg away and spurs fibal. In short the 3 most important games of that time frame.

Man City at home was more important then all 3. :clown:

The only reason that he did start the city game was cos we literallt did not have any other substitutd. In short, he is not trusted by his manager to start a game against a half decent opposition. God, that proves that he is probably the most important player of the team, is not he. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delusions of grandeur.

Wow how buthurt do you sound. Please show me where i said he is the most important player of the team? :clown:

Man City at home was more important then all 3

Oscar usually only plays in big games when others are not available.

He was obviously going to start against Man City with Fabregas out. If not, he would have taken his normal place on ze bench.

The problem with Oscar is not that he is a terrible player (far from it), but rather that he has no inherent physical or technical attributes that he can fall back upon when he is off-form. Many of the other players in our squad possess at least one physical attribute that allows them to be of some use to the team when they are playing poorly; Hazard/Willian/Cuadrado/Ramires have pace, Matic/Mikel/Costa have strength etc. Oscar even loses out to Fabregas (another player lacking raw athleticism) because he cannot match him in terms of creativity. Basically, his 'jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none' style-of-play means that there will often be someone else in the squad who is capable of carrying out a specific tactical role more effectively in games against opponents who possess individual quality equal/superior to our own.

I think the one hope Oscar has of becoming a genuine member of our first-choice starting 11 in the coming seasons is if he develops into a (consistent) Lampard-style midfield goalscorer; it's the only way that I can see him making himself indispensable to Mourinho.

But the thing is that unless we see

Hazard - Willian - Cuardrado

As a trio playing, I think the usual

Hazard - oscar - Willian with fabregas behind is the most creative line-up we got unless oscar misplaces too much easy passes.

Oscar usually only plays in big games when others are not available.

He was obviously going to start against Man City with Fabregas out. If not, he would have taken his normal place on ze bench.

yes your so right the only reason he played against Man City at Home, Liverpool at Home in the coc and away in the PL, Spurs home and away, Arsenal at home and Man United away was obviously because players were not available. Probably the most ridiculous comment i have seen all day.

You do realize he was so happy becuase he ended his trophy drought not because he won the CoC Cup. surley you cant be that clueless. :clown:

Man City at home was more important then all 3. :clown:

Wow how buthurt do you sound. Please show me where i said he is the most important player of the team? :clown:

first things first, do u have to include your pic after every statement. i dont think that necessary.

i think i said why exactly he started the city game, did not I? or were you still looking for "fake stats". so a manager was happy winning a proper professional trophy, damn thats definitely unheard of. winning carling cup should probably have made everyone suicidal since it means nothing apparently.

i was very curios since you so vehemently said that oscar performs at the highest level. i was just wondering if CL is included as the "important" trophy/competition.

here are the results i got from CL+PL matches

oscar - 6 goals, 7 assists, 1938minutes, 149minutes/goal or assist

cesc - 4 goals, 19 assists, 2529 minutes, 110 minutes/goal or assist

gotze - 12 goals, 5 assists, 1909 minutes, 112 minutes/goal or assist

isco - 3 goals, 8 assists, 2063, 187 minutes/goal or assist

muller - 12 goals, 11 assists, 1985, 86 minutes/goal or assist

so as i see it (given that CL is actually an "important" competition cos i really dont know how you define important), oscar IS light years behind these guys. cesc is definitely on a different plane to oscar. the only player who has "worse" stats than him is isco but he has been playing alongside kroos in a 2 man midfield for the majority of the season. as for the other "flashy" players, they seem to be doing much better.

yes your so right the only reason he played against Man City at Home, Liverpool at Home in the coc and away in the PL, Spurs home and away, Arsenal at home and Man United away was obviously because players were not available. Probably the most ridiculous comment i have seen all day.

He started the majority of those games because Ramires wasn't 100 % fit. If you recall Ramires has been struggling with his fitness for the entire first part of the season. It took Ramires until the 27th january to be fully fit again.

That day Mourinho stated "My Ramires is back".

There's nothing ridiculous about it. If a big game comes up and Ramires, Fabregas and Matic are fit ( and aren't banned) Oscar simply doesn't get into the starting eleven.

I agree with this, but I feel that you have perhaps missed the point that I was trying to make.

Oscar's game currently lacks a genuine 'X-factor'; he takes very good direct free-kicks and he tackles well, but even this becomes somewhat irrelevant if he's off-form. When Willian, Ramires, and Cuadrado are off-form and are miscontrolling the ball/misplacing passes, they at least have their pace to fall back upon; they can still get back into defensive positions quickly, still press effectively, and also offer the option of breaking forward on the counter at pace. If Fabregas is having a poor game, he remains capable of providing that one pass/cross to create a clear-cut chance. Even on his bad days, Hazard is generally capable of dribbling past his man, at least on occasion. Costa's movement and positioning in the attacking third is often so good that he can play really badly and yet still be dangerous. In Oscar's case, he simply doesn't offer any of the above if he's having a poor game; he doesn't have the levels of pace, vision, raw technique, strength, or attacking nous to offset whatever shortcomings he may be displaying during any given game in which he is off-form.

As we all know, Mourinho is a cautious manager, and he's not going to prepare for a 'big' game against a tough opponent with the expectation that we are actually going to play 'well' during the game. When we are playing against the better teams in the league/in Europe, he's aware that it's quite possible for us to end up putting in the sort of display that we did against PSG a few weeks ago. When this happens, and the team as a whole is 'off-form', the players that are out on the pitch need to possess certain attributes (whether they be physical, technical, mental) that will give the team a chance of forcing a result regardless of the general performance level. In these circumstances, pace is essential as it allows for spaces to be controlled more easily, technique and vision are useful as they allow for the possibility of single 'moments of genius' to occur, and good attacking movement and physicality are invaluable as they ensure that the opposition will find it difficult to commit themselves as fully as they may wish to. Starting an 'all-rounder' who is 'good' at most things but not exceptional at anything is a huge risk to take in such games, because they often hinge on small details in individual match-ups; an 'all-rounder', despite having few genuine weaknesses to their game, is always likely to lose a match-up in games like these.

Perfect description of Oscar. :clap:

Let's hope he gets his performance levels up today.

He started the majority of those games because Ramires wasn't 100 % fit. If you recall Ramires has been struggling with his fitness for the entire first part of the season. It took Ramires until the 27th january to be fully fit again.

That day Mourinho stated "My Ramires is back".

There's nothing ridiculous about it. If a big game comes up and Ramires, Fabregas and Matic are fit ( and aren't banned) Oscar simply doesn't get into the starting eleven.

So lets just ignore the fact Oscar and Ramires started against Liverpool away. And lets just keep pretending that when Jose wants to play 4-3-3 that the reason Oscar often gets left out is clearly not because there is no room for a number 10 in a 4-3-3 formation.

Some Chelsea fans lack of knowledge is bizarre

Was he even on the pitch today? His latest disappearing act as the game simply passed him by.

Im one of his biggest critic but He actually had a really good game especially in the first half. This was a much better performance than what he's been producing in the last few weeks

Im one of his biggest critic but He actually had a really good game especially in the first half. This was a much better performance than what he's been producing in the last few weeks

I think his 1st half performance was v.overrated, tbh. Solid, yes, but nothing more. 2nd half, he was dire.

I think his 1st half performance was v.overrated, tbh. Solid, yes, but nothing more. 2nd half, he was dire.

What was he supposed to do when the defenders were hoofing the ball and Costa couldn't win one aerial duel to save his life?

Learn the game.