Oscar

themightyblue

Wow, are you joking? One main example per club.

didn't follow him at Porto yet

At Chelsea (first spell):

Drogba, he brought him here and made him (one of) the best striker in the EPL.

At Inter:

Sneijder, best year in his career, never repeated it again after Jose left.

Real Madrid:

Ozil, compare the current Ozil with the Real Madrid Ozil.

Wesley, unfortunately was in a bad situation in his prime at real and ajax he was really good..

Ozil, before he came to madrid was probably the best i saw from ozil via 2010 world cup.

I take no pleasure in saying this but Oscar was not missed today at all. Not once during the game did I think to myself 'why didn't Oscar start' or 'bring Oscar on'

That's great! Means the manager has options and got it spot on! Carefree!

Ramires was purchased for right around the same amount as Oscar, the now sold Schurrle was a couple million less. Why people think that because Oscar is our regular 10 means he has to start every big game is beyond me. He's another squad player who has his role within the team. Because he doesn't play in all of the big games doesn't mean he has no value...

As a matter of fact we're getting great return on a guy we bought for under 20m. Lower your expectations and you will love him AND Ramires! Two perfect examples of great squad guys

Ramires was purchased for right around the same amount as Oscar, the now sold Schurrle was a couple million less. Why people think that because Oscar is our regular 10 means he has to start every big game is beyond me. He's another squad player who has his role within the team. Because he doesn't play in all of the big games doesn't mean he has no value...

As a matter of fact we're getting great return on a guy we bought for under 20m. Lower your expectations and you will love him AND Ramires! Two perfect examples of great squad guys

I will never love Ramires [emoji14] I do like Oscar though.

Almost every single source has it that we paid £25m for Oscar.

Question for you. When we bought Oscar, what expectations did you have for him? Because many viewed him alongside with Hazard as our future stars. He isn't looking like he'll ever be as important as Eden to us though.

Question for you. When we bought Oscar, what expectations did you have for him? Because many viewed him alongside with Hazard as our future stars. He isn't looking like he'll ever be as important as Eden to us though.

Well Internacional's accounting firm have it at 19.35M, I don't see a reason why they would lie. Also if you look at Oscar's Amortized fee there is no way its 25m we paid for him.

Love Ramires he's without question the perfect squad player!

Perfect big game player, we haven't lost a big game with him starting this season. If he starts scoring goals again, even better.

Rambo-Matic-Cesc is our best set up in CL.

He was part of the cringe worthy "three amigos" "mazacar" so you are definitely right.

I had no expectation actually I knew nothing about him before we purchased him. He's been very good though if you ask me! He's definitely increased his value and is worth more than the 19.35m we paid for him...

Hey man you're more than within your right to demand more from him, I want more too, just think you guy have placed unrealistic expectations on him because he's the "Brazilian 10" He works hard for the team and scores important goals, that's enough for me.

Well, any player will struggle to show his best if they're not playing weeks in weeks out. He is play today, dropped next match, play again next, dropped again, dropped again, play again.

See how Salah doing at Fio, weaker league aside? that's what you get from playing regularly.

So unfortunate for Oscar, against particular opponents, Jose prefer more a system that doesn't need Oscar style of play. I don't have a complain though as it is for the team first what is most important.

Also in addition, he just signed the extension for 5 more year not long time ago, so whether you have to 'accept' that he will be stick around for a while now, or you will be 'forced dying to accept' that later

Well, any player will struggle to show his best if they're not playing weeks in weeks out. He is play today, dropped next match, play again next, dropped again, dropped again, play again.

See how Salah doing at Fio, weaker league aside? that's what you get from playing regularly.

So unfortunate for Oscar, against particular opponents, Jose prefer more a system that doesn't need Oscar style of play. I don't have a complain though as it is for the team first what is most important.

Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with his consistency and importance to the team?. Why aren't the likes of Hazard,matic,JT et al going through the same predicament. The reality is Oscar is nothing more than a squad player at this point and rightly so. We can't be giving out handouts to perennial underperformers. Every player should earn their place in the team and Oscar hasn't done enough to earn a regular starting berth.

And God knows he's had ridiculous amount of chances over the last 3 years to cement his place as an indisputable starter.

Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with his consistency and importance to the team?. Why aren't the likes of Hazard,matic,JT et al going through the same predicament. The reality is Oscar is nothing more than a squad player at this point and rightly so. We can't be giving out handouts to perennial underperformers. Every player should earn their place in the team and Oscar hasn't done enough to earn a regular starting berth.

and despite the rather false claim he's still one of our most played/featured players over the last 3 seasons.

maybe you could be right, because we never know what is his 'problem' actually (physical condition, sickness, his minds, etc). But for sure he is not getting regular playing time, and that didn't help him at all. As I wrote in my 3rd paragraph, I think it is almost sure because Jose preferred another system when playing particular opponents (big teams away), to get the points. Jose could stubbornly played Oscar in 4231 formation in every match, and I think we will get 'Tottenham away score' when playing City away, Liverpool away for example.