Oscar

themightyblue

We can't say the same since Fabregas is world class.

Oscar for the third season in a role goes missing the second half of the season.

Not worth it.

Oscar is 23 years old. This forum became weird in recent years. As soon as a player is not involved in big games, then people decide they must be sold.

You never win big things with 11 players.

When/if pogba comes, who will be the odd man out than?

There won't be an odd man out...

-----------Courtois-------------

Ivan - Zouma - Terry - Azpi

-------Matic --- Pogba-------

----------- Cesc ---------------

Willian------------------Hazard

------------Costa---------------

Oscar is 23 years old. This forum became weird in recent years. As soon as a player is not involved in big games, then people decide they must be sold.

You never win big things with 11 players.

Absolutely - strength and depth wins titles and builds legacies.

I don't mind Oscar - the lad tries hard and does score some important goals - it's not like the rest of the team have been world class...

The forum has gone a little weird - some big name posters have left, been banned - so you end up with a 'popular' consensus. I think I preferred the old style with a little controversy - always made me double think my beliefs about a player...

you've got the reasoning backwards imo.

If not even a defensive #10 makes the lineup when Mou plays big teams, there's no way in hell we'll be getting a more creative (and therefore less defensive) #10.

It's not only about Oscar's shortcomings - which he has - but it's mainly Mourinho's fear of deploying a more offensive lineup in big games.

In some of our big games at home in the last two seasons he played Oscar... not many, but still some.

You have a point and that's why i think a B2B player fits this Chelsea team alot more (looking at Pogba). We are never going to dominate possession in the big games, but like yesterday's second half it will allow players like Cesc/Matic/Ramires to press higher up the pitch.

Oscar is a good defensive nr.10 when we do the pressing, but he kinda falls apart when the other team presses our own team. Currently only Arsenal of all the top teams in the PL play into his strenghts because they are possession based without their players pressing like mad. Currently, most top teams have adopted a variant of the pressing game (possession or counter attack based). Oscar is pretty bad at shielding the ball, and in big games we really need players that can hold their cool while under pressure. He even fumbles simple passes when not under pressure. Even players like Hazard, Cesc and Willian that have insane technical skill had trouble keeping the ball in yesterday's first half, that would've been a nightmare for Oscar.

All that said though, i kinda like Oscar and want him to stay because of his age. And investing in another nr.10 isn't going to improve our team in the big games.

Im sorry because I like the lad but I think we could/should get an upgrade on Oscar. I love his workrate and Mou has got himworking hard defending but going forward hes lacking what we need.

I cant see us landing Pogba for a couple of reasons but I do hope Emenalo and the team have their eyes on someone.

I wouldnt mind if he turned his season round to where he started off bad and got better as the season went on. But this seems to be a bad pattern hes in.

There won't be an odd man out...

-----------Courtois-------------

Ivan - Zouma - Terry - Azpi

-------Matic --- Pogba-------

----------- Cesc ---------------

Willian------------------Hazard

------------Costa---------------

workrate is needed.

Cesc set piece ability is about 10 levels better than anyone else besides maybe luis, who doesn't start. If pogba comes, pogba set peice ability is very good as well and long ball abililty.

Pogba would replace cesc and ramires would be the workhorse in the middle for jose.

Yet another time left in the big game ...

He's the biggest asset that remains in our stable. His remaining book value is as low as 9m£, he'd easily fetch like 25m£, so 14m£ would be profit on FFP books plus like 5m£ from his wages, that's 19m£, that's annual cost of player who's fee is 55m£ and is getting 150k/week (Pogba ?). His sell would massively help Chelsea spend this summer rather than waiting another year to get their hand on new 2016/17 Premier League (and getting enormous help with fight against FFP). If Chelsea do this remains the question but I wouldn't be surprised if Oscar was the one to sacrifice in pursuit for world-class player that otherwise we'd miss.

That's such shit. Mourinho played KDB out of position and he's always been known for his ball skills and vision. We've seen PLENTY of Oscar to know he doesn't have either of those traits, just work ethic and the ability to score a decent amount.

Oh shut up please. Look at his stats this season and then tell me he's only good for work ethic.

You're an absolute moron if you think Oscar lacks talent. He's just playing in a system and manager that will never truly get the best out of him. It's as simple as that.

Jose is all about end results and team cohesion. He'll definitely help a footballer in the mental aspect or even their professionalism but he rarely ever gets the absolute best out of an individual like say, Ancelotti, Guardiola, Wenger, Rodgers etc. The only real exceptions are defenders.

Really, I have no idea what to do with him.

We COULD get on without him but we'd have a very small squad and to be blunt, the only improvement on him is Isco or maybe Coutinho, both of which are not viable. He's only 23 anyway, next season will be pivotal for him, I think his success or failure will be what decides his future here is.

coutinho is not better than oscar. oscar does what he is told, a soldier on the pitch. He has some brilliant games and is still so young. when we play matic-fabregas with oscar further forward, his ability to come deeper into space when cesc moves forward is unique and during matches when he does this we see some of our most brilliant football. we can all be very fickle sometimes and I think there is a lot of that going on in this thread. or just short memories.

More stats? Oscar is in the top 10 of the most productive players in the PL.

1. Aguero 17+6 - A Goal or Assist every 67 Minutes

2. Costa 17+2 - A Goal or Assist every 89 Minutes

3. Sanchez 12+7 - A Goal or Assist every 105 Minutes

4. Fabregas 2+15 - A Goal or Assist every 115 Minutes

= Kane 14+3 - A Goal or Assist every 89 Minutes

5. Austin 14+2 - A Goal or Assist every 124 Minutes

6. Hazard 9+6 - A Goal or Assist every 153 Minutes

7. Oscar 6+7 - A Goal or Assist every 127 Minutes

= Cazorla 7+6 - A Goal or Assist every 162 Minutes

For someone to be producing a goal or assist every 127 minutes, while also always contributing so much defensively is excellent, the criticism he gets from some Chelsea fans is bizarre.

that's what I've always defended, for someone that contributed as much as he did, he gets a lot more stick than say Willian who contributes with nice flicks now and then and a great deal of one assist or goal every blue moon (I'm only comparing them attack wise). I'm not saying he isn't entitled to criticism, he is. He's slumping once again in the second half of the season, but the stick he gets around here you would think he's preventing us from winning the league when in reality he won us some matches with goals and assists, was the first scorer in some games - an early scorer btw.

But now we should be replacing him with Coutinho or getting the creative/productive/attacking wonder known as Willian to lead us to bigger things. Please, if we're going to replace Oscar - which I'm not against btw (I'm against selling him, not upgrading him), make sure it's someone worth it. Willian isn't the answer, Coutinho isn't the answer and while I do believe he's in a bad streak now, Oscar has had better streaks this season than both Coutinho and Willian on their best streaks. Not that many will agree because the fashionable thing to post here these days alongside Mourinho's ugly and pragmatic football is moaning about how despicable of a footballer Oscar is.

Carry on that. Fact remains 1) Mourinho is back winning titles and he has big chances of winning the league - deservedly; 2) the club has just renewed Oscar's contract mid-season, something we did to very few players lately, so despite all theirr technicolor dreams I don't think the board is looking forward to selling him. He's here to stay at least for another season (and diminishing it to one season is a stretch already). If we're bringing another #10 is a complete different story, but people expecting to see him gone in the summer can fall from their beds, hit their heads on the floor and wake up. Something drastic would have to happen, and by that I mean someone willing to pay an incredible amount of money for him. But if he's as bad as you guys make him out to be, who would pay this for him? Luiz, Mata and Kev with all their problems and criticism here showed their worth in their NTs (Mata not much) and Luiz and Mata showed it here too (although they also had problems) and the three of them were players that mastered a couple of things. Most of you deem Oscar to be mediocre on everything he does, so by what logic would you see someone coming with big money for him? And if no one is willing to pay big money for him because he's terrible and average on everything, then you expect the club that has done the best business in the last couple of years to let one of their young bets to go by change money? His contract ends on 2019, why would the club do it if they planned to sell him less than 12 months later? I try to find the logic, but it keeps evading me.