Oscar

themightyblue

Im quite sure we will be in for a new nr.10 or a B2B player during the summer. Mourinho still doesn't trust Oscar in the big matches for almost 2 years now.

you've got the reasoning backwards imo.

If not even a defensive #10 makes the lineup when Mou plays big teams, there's no way in hell we'll be getting a more creative (and therefore less defensive) #10.

It's not only about Oscar's shortcomings - which he has - but it's mainly Mourinho's fear of deploying a more offensive lineup in big games.

In some of our big games at home in the last two seasons he played Oscar... not many, but still some.

Even though on a human level I feel for Oscar missing out on a big game it had to be done. There's nothing he brings to the table that we don't already get from other players who are far more athletic and physical which, ultimately, gives them the edge over him.

The last time we played Spurs he put in yet another shit show. We can do without him when we play decent teams.

I take no pleasure in saying this but Oscar was not missed today at all. Not once during the game did I think to myself 'why didn't Oscar start' or 'bring Oscar on' and considering how poor we were for most of the first half that says a lot. Oscar is the most expendable starter/player in the team. Honestly, if there is a market for him he should be sold.

We were easily outplayed in midfield and only won due to two defensive errors. Lets not pretend this was some special performance. We won largely in part to our defenders who were immense throughout JT and Azpi in particular.

Using today as evidence against Oscar is extremely flimsy stuff.

We were easily outplayed in midfield and only won due to two defensive errors. Lets not pretend this was some special performance. We won largely in part to our defenders who were immense throughout JT and Azpi in particular.

Using today as evidence against Oscar is extremely flimsy stuff.

That's exactly the point though: we didn't play particularly well and were outplayed in the first half (in he second half we more than held our own) and yet I still didn't think there was any need for Oscar. I couldn't think of a single thing he could bring to the mix to help tip the balance in our favour; if anything he would have made things worse.

I take no pleasure in saying this but Oscar was not missed today at all. Not once during the game did I think to myself 'why didn't Oscar start' or 'bring Oscar on' and considering how poor we were for most of the first half that says a lot. Oscar is the most expendable starter/player in the team. Honestly, if there is a market for him he should be sold.

Yeah he is starting to look more off a squad player these days, however I still think he would be pretty useful as one, this season we have lacked real cover for our best Xl and Oscar will give us that (to be fair he has scored some important opening goals this season that have got us out of sticky situations ala QPR or set the tone for an easy match ala Swansea and Villa).

Unless we get a ridiculous Luiz like offer he should definitely be kept for me.

Can't see him at Chelsea come August to be honest. Clearly Jose doesn't trust him for big matches and frankly it's been almost three years and he's showing no signs of a potential world beater.

Too inconsistent to be a star IMO and I bet Jose would not hesitate to sell him should the right offer arrive.

and when pogba comes, cesc will be dropped from big games and than this board will say the same about cesc...

We can't say the same since Fabregas is world class.

Oscar for the third season in a role goes missing the second half of the season.

Not worth it.

Oscar for the third season in a role goes missing the second half of the season.

Not worth it.

When/if pogba comes, who will be the odd man out than?

Not worth it.

I would not use the term "world class" to describe Fabregas,