Oscar

themightyblue

Willian= the best Chelsea player in the last 2 months...

For the 3rd year running...

and in those two months how many goals and assist? ...do you wonder why teams focus their full attention on hazard, its all because willian is impotent. Imagine if our wings were occupied by hazard and for argument sake robben , no opposition could afford to focus on our eden hazard so much. Ask yourself if hazard's side is covered by three/four opposition players why isn't willian taking this opportunity to impact/effect the game? And i hate his stop/slowing down of our play ahhhh!!

PS I believe next year that right wing issue will be fixed.

and in those two months how many goals and assist? ...do you wonder why teams focus their full attention on hazard, its all because willian is impotent. Imagine if our wings were occupied by hazard and for argument sake robben , no opposition could afford to focus on our eden hazard so much. Ask yourself if hazard's side is covered by three/four opposition players why isn't willian taking this opportunity to impact/effect the game? And i hate his stop/slowing down of our play ahhhh!!

PS I believe next year that right wing issue will be fixed.

Don't know exactly but I remember assist to Hazard goal against Villa, 89th min winner against Everton...etc I agree he has been impotent for the majority of this season but ever since the Cuadrado rumor started and he came to the club he has been on top form both offensively and defensively.

Don't know exactly but I remember assist to Hazard goal against Villa, 89th min winner against Everton...etc I agree he has been impotent for the majority of this season but ever since the Cuadrado rumor started and he came to the club he has been on top form both offensively and defensively.

so you quote two momments in 2 MONTHS!!...end of

I think what some people expect from Oscar is not what he offers to the team.

exactly!

Ironically, many here complain about Oscar general contribution in open play and yet I was never impressed by our former #8 general contribution. Never thought Lampard was particularly quick, defended well enough, or linked up play for an AM. He was a player who won games by scoring goals in key moments. He always struggled for England because they expected him to be a creative source, and he never could - neither could Gerrard.

Jose on Lampard,

"Yes, of course [he's one of the best players I've managed]. A midfielder player doesn’t score so many goals. It’s as simple as that and I think his career was based on an unbelievable number of goals he scored from midfield. That made him a unique player because I had so many good midfield players but a player to score this number of goals is amazing."

lol, somehow Willian's 3-4 very good matches recently were converted in two months... the things I read in people's post quoting other people (because obviously I can't read the originals).

Oscar has a lot of goals on him, and maybe he could develop into the player that will earn his place in a team - Chelsea or other - because of it. Either way he needs to produce more than he has.

then how would you describe willian? PS he is truly a passenger

The same willian who has been our best player for a month? Now forget about month, tell me a couple of matches this season when oscar was our best player.

A simple question- what is oscar's role in this team? What was oscar's role against burnley?

And please don't say "providing balance and defensive stability". The same oscar who supposedly does all the hard work behind the scenes and is so unimaginably critical to our system of play is dropped like a sack of potatoes in most big matches when we actually need defensive stability and balance.

You go on to ask how many goals and assists willian has provided? Fair enough, not many. But when you actually look at our matches and the performances, you can easily see how much more influential willian has been than oscar. Also stats can be very misleading. For eg- the first goal against newcastle. The goal was scored by oscar (a tap in) and assisted by iva but it was courtesy of willian's quick thinking. That is not reflected in your stats.

To summarise, what does Oscar provide us? Creativity? Hell no. Improves our general play? LOL. some of his first touches and passes embarass ramires. He probably loses the ball more than any other player in the team despite not even teying dribbles past players like hazard or trying for that perfect ball like cesc. Workrate? Yes he does provide us with that in abundance but if he is in the team solely for that purpose, I would rather have rambo give us that. So you see, he is a proper passenger.

lol, somehow Willian's 3-4 very good matches recently were converted in two months... the things I read in people's post quoting other people (because obviously I can't read the originals).

Oscar has a lot of goals on him, and maybe he could develop into the player that will earn his place in a team - Chelsea or other - because of it. Either way he needs to produce more than he has.

That's how it's always been. When the player is on form 4 good games becomes two months or more, if he is performing badly then 4-5 good months become 1 or 2 good games in the entire season and so on.

That's how it's always been. When the player is on form 4 good games becomes two months or more, if he is performing badly then 4-5 good months become 1 or 2 good games in the entire season and so on.

OT - I miss you so much... not only on the forum, but privately. Don't be a stranger, love

I think the main issue with Oscar is that he is a swiss army knife. Does a variety of things well but doesn't excel at any one task. If he wasn't so slight of build he'd probably be best as a CM and not as an attacking mid. When Oscar first arrived here I pretty much thought of him as such.

Now with that being said....I think he is what he is. There is room for improvement but with his style of play its more so fine tuning than an outright jump to another level.

Or more like mourinho place his trust in the wrong player.

Now we know it should have been kdb.

Oh well mourinho can rectify his mistake by selling him this summer.

Unless he keeps him around like Ramires and mikel for their defensive contributions....

Or more like mourinho place his trust in the wrong player.

Now we know it should have been kdb.

Oh well mourinho can rectify his mistake by selling him this summer.

Unless he keeps him around like Ramires and mikel for their defensive contributions....

The reason Kevin left had absolutely nothing with Oscar. Zero. Mata, yes, Mourinho chose him over Oscar.

Kevin was offloaded for completely different reasons - one of them, José didn't like how he trained and even sent him to the U-21.

Also, a lot has been said between how suitable Kevin was here and how suitable he is on Wolfsburg.

It never ceases to amaze me how people have such simplistic approaches on football and ignore so many factors.

We could do an upgrade to Oscar, maybe we will, it has nothing to do with Kevin and it won't be Philippe Coutinho.

Credit to Coutinho today, but no need a 'sh*t we have Oscar, we should buy Coutinho, we buy the wrong no 10 ffs' wankfest imo

hun, members here are just as predictable as Arsenal on UCL and as dramatic as Mexican soap operas. Get used to it, will do you well.

I read some comments with a smile on the face because I always expect them... but I must admit some of them surprise me - such as the KdB one, as even with all the predictability and drama and spoiled behavior, I didn't see someone relating Oscar to Kevin's departure. I mean, that's the same as relating Word War II to Brazilian's carnival, lol.

hun, members here are just as predictable as Arsenal on UCL and as dramatic as Mexican soap operas. Get used to it, will do you well.

I read some comments with a smile on the face because I always expect them... but I must admit some of them surprise me - such as the KdB one, as even with all the predictability and drama and spoiled behavior, I didn't see someone relating Oscar to Kevin's departure. I mean, that's the same as relating Word War II to Brazilian's carnival, lol.

Lol, the next we heard will be we sold and loaned the wrong players (Schurrle and Salah), it should be Oscar.