Oscar

themightyblue

Cesc is not good at pressing, workrate and defensively. He is easily outpaced on the counter and invisibile in many situations.

Put Cesc as the n10, and diego essentially is a one man dog pressing everyone by himself. If you really think that cesc offense won't be affected due to his defensive responsibilities, you are in dreamland. Cesc, is like Hazard. Both at least give effort in the press and defensively, however, neither are really effective in that part of the game.

hahhaha... u do know that cesc is playing as a CM and has a 100 times more defensive responsibilities than oscar? to even say that has to be the worst argument. saying cesc is defensively weaker than oscar is another argument which i cant even fathom to take seriously.

I have been very patient with this player and still continue to be but I agree that his inconsistency is not in harmony with the amount of time and chances he has been given at this club.

Now we all have to consider that the kid has played too many minutes lately. More than he can handle. He can't simply run and run forever, closing down spaces and making successful tackles. It requires lot of energy. I am ok with that and it's something manageable as long as we have a someone else to do the dirty work (Rami for example)

His bad passing however is not so much a consequence of tiredness and it's that department we should look more to analyse. It's something to worry about since he is in a crucial age now that demands clear improvement which is something that's nowhere to be found on Oscar atm. Bells have just started to ring a little bit in my mind, but imo it's not a make or break season yet.

hahhaha... u do know that cesc is playing as a CM and has a 100 times more defensive responsibilities than oscar? to even say that has to be the worst argument. saying cesc is defensively weaker than oscar is another argument which i cant even fathom to take seriously.

Lampard also played cm in a 4-2-3-1 in the latter stages of his career.

Oscar is far superior to cesc defensively and presses a lot better as well. There is no argument in that.

People around here is so pressed about Oscar that I have to laugh about it. Broken records that have to leave 5-6 posts on here on a daily basis, except when he plays well, that is.

It's almost as if they hope or expect that repeating the same thing, day after day will make Oscar leave the team.

If Cesc is recovered, I don't expect to see Oscar playing due to fatigue... but that's it. Now carry on, lol

he hasnt been at his best recently but form is temporary, and i think he has improved a lot over the last 3 seasons, he is just a bit inconsistent, which is normal for any young player

A bit inconsistent? Really? Oscar is 24 this year, people really need to stop looking at him as some sort of young player, like a Zouma or Ake for example.

Improved a lot in what aspects of his game please? List them off for me.

Lampard also played cm in a 4-2-3-1 in the latter stages of his career.

Oscar is far superior to cesc defensively and presses a lot better as well. There is no argument in that.

yes i saw how good he was defensively when he let that spanish player go past him in the last game. he is so brilliant defensively that jose chucks him out in every big game and play willian through the center and rambo on the wing (city away and numeros other examples). he is infact so great defensively that in away games jose has prefered to play as cesc as no.10 and dropping oscar on the bench (pool leage cup, soton, stoke).

yes i saw how good he was defensively when he let that spanish player go past him in the last game. he is so brilliant defensively that jose chucks him out in every big game and play willian through the center and rambo on the wing (city away and numeros other examples). he is infact so great defensively that in away games jose has prefered to play as cesc as no.10 and dropping oscar on the bench (pool leage cup, soton, stoke).

Oscar played vs city, arsenal, united and liverpool and spurs....

A bit inconsistent? Really?

Improved a lot in what aspects of his game please? List them off for me.

You fail to see it and people have to prove what you won't accept?

Whatever we say you'll disagree, so I don't feel like wasting time.

Btw, bad month or year? It definitely doesn't feel like only a bad day as you said the other day. Regardless of your opinion about Oscar, your posting changed a lot, and unfortunately it wasn't for the best

Not hard... With Cesc, Ramires and Matic it would be more of a midfield three with Fabregas dropping a bit deeper to receive the ball and influence the game.

Ya we've seen that this year... Not a fan at all. We lose an attacking threat in the final 3rd when that happens. That strategy may work when we're looking to counter but not really a fan of cesc in the 10.

when does that happen? once in 10 matches?

He assists at most at every four games, in addition to the times he scores. Taking into consideration 5 out of 6 goals he scored were openers, and tackles, pressing and key passes he did, no, it's not as far apart as you believe

Oscar played vs city, arsenal, united and liverpool and spurs....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25908324- that the match i was talking about. along with many last season when we had a full squad. this season rambo was injured for many of our big games and schurrle's hopeless form gave us no option.

he played united cos we dint have rambo for the game, he played spurs and i saw his defensive prowess in marking kane for the first goal. he was dropped in the game at etihad or at the goodison and any big away game where we had the slightest option.

He assists at most at every four games, in addition to the times he scores. Taking into consideration 5 out of 6 goals he scored were openers, and tackles, pressing and key passes he did, no, it's not as far apart as you believe

somehow "he plays well" has become the same "as he assisted" these days. guess he played brilliantly against newcastle then

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25908324- that the match i was talking about. along with many last season when we had a full squad. this season rambo was injured for many of our big games and schurrle's hopeless form gave us no option.

he played united cos we dint have rambo for the game, he played spurs and i saw his defensive prowess in marking kane for the first goal. he was dropped in the game at etihad or at the goodison and any big away game where we had the slightest option.

You just said every big game.........

Now, its City and a shit everton team.

I swear people in this forum are completely spoiled and have no idea about balance, return on investment and how players function in the team philosophy.

We bought Oscar for exactly £19.35M! In that time he has worked tirelessly for the team and In a lot of ways helped gel the team. I think what's lost on some of you is what he does for the team and what the expected return should be for a 23yr old we paid 19m for.

I'm still waiting for any of you spoiled little brats to find me a better no.10 for Jose's system. And please do so by matching the valuation you have for Oscar.

You just said every big game.........

Now, its City and a shit everton team.

everton was our 3rd game of the season, they were so shit after they finished in top 6 last season. but since you are so desperately trying to clutch at straws, i will concede that whenever we have a fit player to replace oscar, he does not start a big away game. even if its an in-form soton.

everton was our 3rd game of the season, they were so shit after they finished in top 6 last season. but since you are so desperately trying to clutch at straws, i will concede that whenever we have a fit player to replace oscar, he does not start a big away game. even if its an in-form soton.

Everton dropped 4 points in the first two games.