Oscar

themightyblue

Go back and read what I was asking about. The names you listed are laughable, I'm just gonna assume you didn't read the posts previous.

A player who can ''win tackles, interceptions, mark a deep lying playmaker out of the game, score and assist and be a threat to score from set pieces''

I suppose James is not really that but the rest is easily applicable. Silva does works defensively a lot more now compared to when he 1st came to City. Alexis works harder than Hazard tracking back, Isco has worked on his defensive side much more this season hence why he is in the team now compared to last season, will give you that on Cazorla but he can also defend, just not as good as Oscar.

to replace oscar in jose's team? Yes, only Modric... Pogba potentially, however, i don't see pogba as a cam.

A tactically incompetent manager that got you further in any tournament in how many years?

Okay then... Think you're forgetting about Koke and Isco. Pogba might not be a cam but is Oscar really a cam ? He plays more like a B2B player then a cam. So imo Pogba would slot in just fine.

Also plenty of players out there that might worsen our pressing game a little but improve our attacking game. I mean what's the point of winning the ball back if you can't play a simple fucking pass ? I'd rather then have a player there that's not gonna win the ball back as many times but actually creates something when he does have the ball.

Have you seen our players ? This is one of the best teams we've had in decades.

Did you actually see us play. We played like sh*t for the entire tournament. We barely beat Algeria, Russia and South-Korea. No disrespect to those teams but they are poor teams. Needed extra time to beat USA (again sorry but not a good team) and went out against Argentina.

A player who can ''win tackles, interceptions, mark a deep lying playmaker out of the game, score and assist and be a threat to score from set pieces''

I suppose James is not really that but the rest is easily applicable. Silva does works defensively a lot more now compared to when he 1st came to City. Alexis works harder than Hazard tracking back, Isco has worked on his defensive side much more this season hence why he is in the team now compared to last season, will give you that on Cazorla but he can also defend, just not as good as Oscar.

Brother.... just because Silva isn't a pylon anymore doesn't mean he is effective in defensive areas on the pitch.

Why are you comparing Hazard to Sanchez? this is about Oscar.

Isco is in the team because Modric is injured simple as... He does not possess the all around game needed to play in Jose's no.10, and its not even close to open for debate.

Okay then... Think you're forgetting about Koke and Isco. Pogba might not be a cam but is Oscar really a cam ? He plays more like a B2B player then a cam. So imo Pogba would slot in just fine.

Also plenty of players out there that might worsen our pressing game a little but improve our attacking game. I mean what's the point of winning the ball back if you can't play a simple fucking pass ? I'd rather then have a player there that's not gonna win the ball back as many times but actually creates something when he does have the ball.

Have you seen our players ? This is one of the best teams we've had in decades.

Did you actually see us play. We played like sh*t for the entire tournament. We barely beat Algeria, Russia and South-Korea. No disrespect to those teams but they are poor teams. Needed extra time to beat USA (again sorry but not a good team) and went out against Argentina.

Koke not a cam. Isco is a good possibility, however, he has been nonexistent since his move to madrid and lost out to james already in the depth chart.

Also, in terms of passing ability/creativity,dribbling isco is probably better than james, yet james starts and isco doesn't.

the thing with that is that you might want that, but is that what Jose wants as his first priority? Seriously though, I can see only Modric as the upgrade to oscar on this squad.

Algeria almost beat germany.

Koke not a cam. Isco is a good possibility, however, he has been nonexistent since his move to madrid and lost out to james already in the depth chart.

Also, in terms of passing ability/creativity,dribbling isco is probably better than james, yet james starts and isco doesn't.

the thing with that is that you might want that, but is that what Jose wants as his first priority? Seriously though, I can see only Modric as the upgrade to oscar on this squad.

Algeria almost beat germany.

Koke plays on RM/LM but he can play as a CAM too bro. Actually Isco and James have both been starting games together for the last 3 months because Modric is out, but even if he was fit both of them would still start/play majority of the games anyway.

I thought we were to some extent disciples of Jose Mourinho? Football is played at both ends of the pitch....

Against Newcastle Oscar played 78mins had a goal and an assist. He also had 3 tackles, 1 interception and 4 clearances.

Against Swansea he played 90mins had 2 goals no tackles or interceptions(probably didn't need any with the way Swansea played that day)

He didn't play against Liverpool away...

He then goes on a run of games where he plays 90mins against Bradford, 120mins vs Liverpool(5 tackles, 93 touches), 91mins against City(4 tackles despite being woeful), so in the span of 8 days Oscar has played 300mins of football and has ran the entire way not taking plays off or complaining about fatigue. I haven't been able to look up the distance he's covered but if someone wants to look that up it would be well appreciated because I KNOW he covered tonnes of ground.

This is very unusual for a no.10, you will not find another player replicate this fellas workrate in that position and still contribute 6 goals and 7 assists, IT IS PHYSICALLY DEMANDING!

I'm not saying he's been fantastic, he has room for improvement but the amount of flack this guy gets its unreal! This is a guy who makes it possible for others on the pitch to play their football because he works so tirelessly. He also is very difficult to play against because he never lets up. This is what Jose wants from his no.10, he's not looking for someone who makes incredible passes that split open teams and dribbles past 6 players to set up the striker for a goal, no, Oscar is our facilitator! He is the cog in the engine. When you ask players to chase people up and down the field, win tackles and be a nuisance AND at the same time create scoring chances and score goals while playing 300 mins in 8 days he's going to start to break down... Its just a fact of life.

If you guys actually think Isco, Eriksen or LOL Coutinho can actually perform the role Oscar has in this team you are joking yourselves... When those guys play the 10 their assignment is very different to that of Oscar's.

This. Thank god some people understand Oscar's value to our team. Sadly others never will.

So a little bit of tape has now been used to cover Oscar's latest shit performance. mcWEaXt.gif

He's never gonna run out of excuses, is he?

If this is directed at me, I don't know how much clearer it can be spelled out to you that this was not excusing his performance. Maybe go back and read my post again, and then probably once more.

If it's directed at others, I'm not sure how asking what the tape was is excusing his performance?

So a little bit of tape has now been used to cover Oscar's latest shit performance. mcWEaXt.gif

He's never gonna run out of excuses, is he?

Torres 2.0?

Not sure how many fellas here know that footballers have the kinesio tape on them all the time and they aren't exclusively used only when players have muscle injuries.

I personally think that Willian and Ramires (in the pivot with Fabregas at 10) would be better than having Oscar in the team on current form.

Explain please. What role would Cesc have in the 10? are we strictly playing on the counter or are we trying to build attacks from the back?

I know I'm not alone when I say Cesc in the 10 takes away from the overall quality of our play. We need him on the ball as much as possible and in the 10 he see's it less.

I like how people reproach Oscar (6 goals 7 assists) for lack of creativity/productivity and want us to replace him with Koke (1 goal 8 assists) or Isco (2 goals 7 assists). Last season Oscar scored 11 goals, this season will probably go into double figueres again. Even when does nothing in attack he tracks back every time we lose the ball, runs and tackles like crazy so we are moaning on a high level here (and rightly so, we are Chelsea FFS).

The problem with our team is that because the defense is so shaky, esp Willian, Oscar have to track back every time. Attacking players defending is usual, even Bayerns or Atletico attackers usually track back, but our defense plays so much lower. So of course Oscar, Willian are not exactly fresh when attacking.

So we should blame our tactics as well as Cahill's and Iva's lack of defensive stability first.

Though Oscar has room to improve. Defensive duties are no excuse for stopping your development as a player like they were for Mikel. For the physical side of his game he should put on some brawn which should be no problem given the club's facilities. The most important thing about him is surely consistency. hen you look at the goals and assists he has contributed this season, you can't say that he does not have it in him. He can dribble, shoot and has some nice flicks and lay offs in his locker. If he would replicate that a tad more consistently, we would not be asking if it was right to sell Mata. As for KDB, he has been demonstrating his ability impressively in recent months. But one has to take into consideration that KDB can rest much longer than Oscar between games and has almost no defensive responsibilites (IMO on ability only, he should still be here but one never know what has been behind the scenes/in training etc).

To summarize, we should judge Oscar when he is not excessively overplayed and our defense is not backing off into the last 20 yards before the goal and still missing the tackles.

Explain please. What role would Cesc have in the 10? are we strictly playing on the counter or are we trying to build attacks from the back?

I know I'm not alone when I say Cesc in the 10 takes away from the overall quality of our play. We need him on the ball as much as possible and in the 10 he see's it less.

soton and stoke away, 2 matches that cesc played as no.10 and we had the control of the game all match long. Something that playing with oscar as a no.10 is impossible to do since he loses the ball every second time he touches it.

For that matter, starting a trio of hazard-william-cuadrado in the next match looks like a far beyter prospect than having a passenger like oscar in the team

soton and stoke away, 2 matches that cesc played as no.10 and we had the control of the game all match long. Something that playing with oscar as a no.10 is impossible to do since he loses the ball every second time he touches it.

For that matter, starting a trio of hazard-william-cuadrado in the next match looks like a far beyter prospect than having a passenger like oscar in the team

For a guy that never started on Chelsea, you sure are confident...

It's ironic, because people always made arguments that Oscar was the one that could control games and Mata was the one that couldn't.

It's ironic, because people always made arguments that Oscar was the one that could control games and Mata was the one that couldn't.

There was never such an argument, you don't want a number 10 to control games, you want him to decide one, which Mata had done for 2 seasons before and Oscar did first 5 months of first season under Jose.

There was an argument that Mikel or Ramires couldn't control games, never ever was there one about Oscar...

Pfffffft. Nah, bro. Oscar has more variety. Finishing, creativity, workrate.

Oscar and creative? I don't think so, sorry. Willian beats him on almost everything bar finishing and maybe movement in the final third.

Not hard... With Cesc, Ramires and Matic it would be more of a midfield three with Fabregas dropping a bit deeper to receive the ball and influence the game.

Damn, a lot of spoiled fans these days. You cant have WC players in every position, that's not how you balance a squad. You need players such as Oscar and Ramires - players who do the hard work and help the team in every Way and dont care to much about the latest trends in hairstyles. People love to hate on Oscar and Ramires these days, but I respect both of them very much and I think that they deserve respect.