Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar didn't have a bad game, and its also clear Mourinho don't see Willian as a player to score goals.

Chelsea are not good enough to have a player occupy an attacking position and not contribute anything in attack.

Even Willian said himself, Mou wants him to shoot - and obviously score - more.

I remember, I discussed about how Oscar will react after the disappointing WC with some Brazilians member here.

And since the preseason and the beginning of season until he signed the extension, he is playing good. As far as I could remember, not many negative post in this thread during that period. Also, we're still unbeatable until that time. Yes, it might because of Cahill and Mikel distraction a bit this thread is 'more quiet', but I thought Oscar doing okay.

Right after he signed contract, Oscar be benched, and then come the 'ill' period. My suspicion is that the negative comments come starting from that period. And then someone just come out with conclusion that Oscar is shit and useless all this season, after the match yesterday.

From where that conclusion comes from actually? :carlo:

I'm hoping a drought-breaking goal against Newcastle will give Oscar some added confidence, and he definitely thrives on this. I think his uncharacteristically animated celebration after scoring shows just how much he needed a goal to end a tough period of illness and poor performances.

I'm hoping a drought-breaking goal against Newcastle will give Oscar some added confidence, and he definitely thrives on this. I think his uncharacteristically animated celebration after scoring shows just how much he needed a goal to end a tough period of illness and poor performances.

I hope so, too.

IMO we are lacing that cutting edge in offense a bit. We showed it in the beginning of the season, but are now lacking goals. Only Costa has scored doulbe figueres so far. Real, Bayern have goals in all of their attacking midfielders. The reason why in modern football it changed from 2 wingers and 2 box to box midfielders to 3 of those is that they can share the creating and finishing between them, but we depend on Hazard to produce too much. IMO Oscar is more likely to ´be found in scoring positions than willian, so great if he continues his scoring form to make our team more balanced.

Lack of confidence makes a huge difference in some of our players and Oscar is surely one of them.
Yep, and I think it's an area of his game that will improve with more experience. Sometimes you have to go through a bad run of form to prove to yourself that you are good enough to come out the other side of it. Even when he had those bad couple of games recently, he was still creating assists and scoring opportunities for himself also, he was just sending them off target or they were getting blocked.

He is always going to have the class, and he's always going to be creating opportunities for himself and his teammates, it's just a matter of him remaining positive even if he goes through a tough period where he can't find the back of the net himself.

and people dare to compare him to Willian and favor the latter over him... For such a deft CAM he has assisted five in the last nine, a walking contradiction

Involved directly in 7 goals in the last 9 matches is more than Willian has probably done in his career here

and people dare to compare him to Willian and favor the latter over him... For such a deft CAM he has assisted five in the last nine, a walking contradiction

Involved directly in 7 goals in the last 9 matches is more than Willian has probably done in his career here

but he was bad last season while Willian scored against mighty Kops. :Goober:

Well, I'll be fair to his criticizers (the ones that have common sense, there are a lot of nonsense people in this thread)... they do have a point.

I think the level he played today just proves further that he should be more consistent.

I just think people who gave up on him made a mistake. And every time I saw a post here I quoted them disagreeing.

How can you give up on a 23yo that is able to play that well? He was involved in three of our goals, with two goals and a pre-assist pass, he's been linking up well, he dared. So if he's capable of doing it sometimes, why would people give up on him doing it more consistently as he progresses?

I do support the idea he needs to be more consistent (although some people here wrote some very extreme, stupid an unfair things). See what happens when our CAM plays like a proper CAM? That's why we need him to step up and learn how to do this week in, week out.

I don't get tired of saying we should wait and see him progress. I hope it gives him a boost of confidence. This is the time of the year he struggles and I think after that HORRENDOUS first half against Newcastle, he woke up in the second and today he's been great. So I hope the boy can finally play during winter and stop with the inconsistency and slumps.

Well, I'll be fair with his criticizers (the one that have common sense, there are a lot of nonsense people in this thread)... they do have a point.

I think the level he played today just proves further that he should be more consistent.

I just think people who gave up on him made a mistake. And every time I saw a post here I quoted them disagreeing.

How can you give up on a 23yo that is able to play that well? He was involved in three of our goals, with two goals and a pre-assist pass, he's been linking up well, he dared. So if he's capable of doing it sometimes, why would people give up on him doing it more consistently as he progresses?

I do support the idea he needs to be more consistent (although some people here wrote some very extreme, stupid an unfair things). See what happens when our CAM plays like a proper CAM? That's why we need him to step up and learn how to do this week in, week out.

I don't get tired of saying we should wait and see him progress. I hope it gives him a boost of confidence. This is the time of the year he struggles and I think after that HORRENDOUS first half against Newcastle, he woke up in the second and today he's been great. So I hope the boy can finally play during winter and stop with the inconsistency and slumps.

YES! Thank you, Barbara. He's still a work in progress, but he has his flashes of brilliance. All he needs is consistency, don't write him off. He's a big part of our future.

YES! Thank you, Barbara. He's still a work in progress, but he has his flashes of brilliance. All he needs is consistency, don't write him off. He's a big part of our future.

He has to find that consistency though, if he'll always only be good for 4-5 months every season than I'd rather get someone else. But he's still young so I'm confident he'll find that consistency.