Oscar

themightyblue

A good playmaker for a team that was 6th in the league.....

He's such a good playmaker that united fans want to keep him... WAIT, they dont.

which team won the CL?

they have rooney, maria and ample attacking options. i can understand why they would not.

those were 2 off days when nothing clicked for us. specially spurs. everton was a freak game where we simply tried to outscore them cos they were as shit as us.

we are also the team who conceded the least goals in the CL group stage while united got their asses kicked by league 2 team mk dons (4-0).

and Chelsea also had the easiest group in all of UCL

which team won the CL?

they have rooney, maria and ample attacking options. i can understand why they would not.

i guess that makes RDM the greatest manager as well and Mikel a god in the pivot along with lampard and your favorite david luiz as cb..

First of all, that's just wrong. Eden had most touches of the ball than anyone on the pitch except our CMs. I love Eden, he's my favourite player, but he can't be the only one who gets excused for being invisible for the large part of the game. If Willian had the sort of game Eden had, he'd be crucified for his lack of contribution in the final third. Eden made mistakes too. He lost the ball too. He made bad passes too. He had bad touches too. He wasn't more isolated in the first half than Cesc was --actually, considering he's a CM, Cesc might have been more isolated than him, since our defenders kept playing through Matic in the first half. And unlike Oscar and Cesc, Eden didn't have the burden of defending, so it's pretty unfair, since both of them(especially Cesc) put on a defensive shift that almost matched Matic's.

Yes, Oscar and Cesc are supposed to be the main link up men, but Cesc couldn't help Oscar link up attack because in the first half our defence looked shaky, Matic looked shaky, and Cesc had to spend most of the time in our own half, defending. That's why I'm against playing the playmaker of the team in the pivot - he can't do much of creating if he has to spend most of the time worrying about defending.

Cesc was ineffective in the first half and improved in the second half. As did Oscar. As did Eden. No more, no less. Eden makes the impression of being more dangerous because he's a flair player. But to be honest, he was pretty ineffective in attack today bar a few good moments. But even Willian had a few good moments in attack. As did Cesc. As did Oscar.

totally disagree. i dont think hazard had many touches of the ball in the first half. i would love to see those stats of just the first half. our best moment of the first half came through hazard when he won he ball and put diego through. there was another instance where towards the end of the half when he could have put willian thru on the left but chose to take the ball himself, but he was our main threat, like always.

agree about cesc's role, but disagree about how good he was defensively. we were getting mauled out there. by now we have established that our defence is shaky when players are running at them and yet there were 4/5 individual instances where this happened. and i would understand if it was on a counter, but it was not. newcastle were actually dominating us and the mid was where we were losing the main battle. putting a shift is different from actually doing a proper job.

i guess that makes RDM the greatest manager as well and Mikel a god in the pivot along with lampard and your favorite david luiz as cb..

well, your argument was that we came 6th in the league when it dint take into account the team we played at emirates and anfield, that we were solely concentrating on FA and CL and that we had literally given up on the league and top 4 way before it actually ended. like i said before, mata was the creator and the playmaker of those teams. he was flanked by kalou and malouda and had the defensive pivot of rambo/mikel. so....

and Chelsea also had the easiest group in all of UCL

running out of excuses i see. u do understand that conceding 3 goals in 6 matches even in the easiest group in CL is still a massively good job. and all of those teams are 100 times better than mk dons. :lol:

but well, since you think that drawing away to spurs and stoke is equivalent to drawing whu and norwich at home, then i am not at all suprised at anything,

well, your argument was that we came 6th in the league when it dint take into account the team we played at emirates and anfield, that we were solely concentrating on FA and CL and that we had literally given up on the league and top 4 way before it actually ended. like i said before, mata was the creator and the playmaker of those teams. he was flanked by kalou and malouda and had the defensive pivot of rambo/mikel. so....

running out of excuses i see. u do understand that conceding 3 goals in 6 matches even in the easiest group in CL is still a massively good job. and all of those teams are 100 times better than mk dons. :lol:

but well, since you think that drawing away to spurs and stoke is equivalent to drawing whu and norwich at home, then i am not at all suprised at anything,

And mata has a team consisting of rvp, falcao, di maria, rooney, herrara and how is he doing there...... Thats right, he's being irrelevant, just like during jose' tenure.....

Yea, the fact LVG played half of the youth teamI guess wasn't relevant. Than, I am not surprised at anything.

The ironic thing is that what Oscar did today is what mata has done for chelsea during his poty campaigns... Score a random goal and put in an assist and do fuckall the rest of the game

Yeah... random 21 goals and 29 assists in one season...

And mata has a team consisting of rvp, falcao, di maria, rooney, herrara and how is he doing there...... Thats right, he's being irrelevant, just like during jose' tenure.....

Yea, the fact LVG played half of the youth teamI guess wasn't relevant. Than, I am not surprised at anything.

5 goals, 3 assists and pretty good everytime he has played in his main position instead of being shifted to the RW.

we played zouma, ake christensen and our other squad players against shrewsbury and won the game 2-1. anderson, evans, welbeck. kagawa, keane, powell, ddg are exactly that, i think.

totally disagree. i dont think hazard had many touches of the ball in the first half. i would love to see those stats of just the first half. our best moment of the first half came through hazard when he won he ball and put diego through. there was another instance where towards the end of the half when he could have put willian thru on the left but chose to take the ball himself, but he was our main threat, like always.

I don't remember the exact stats after the first half. I remember Matic having 56 or 57 touches and everyone else having much less. My point is, even Cesc, as a CM, didn't see as much of the ball as he normally does in the first half, so that shouldn't be the reason to excuse only Eden.

agree about cesc's role, but disagree about how good he was defensively. we were getting mauled out there. by now we have established that our defence is shaky when players are running at them and yet there were 4/5 individual instances where this happened. and i would understand if it was on a counter, but it was not. newcastle were actually dominating us and the mid was where we were losing the main battle. putting a shift is different from actually doing a proper job.

I'm not saying he was good defensively(though he was more than decent). I'm saying that because we were getting mauled there, he had to do a lot of defensive work that a playmaker normally isn't supposed to do and couldn't contribute much in attack and help Oscar.

Just compare Matic, Cesc, Oscar and Eden's defensive stats:

Matic: 4 tackles, 3 interceptions, 4 clearances, 0 blocked shots.

Cesc: 4 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 clearances, 1 blocked shot.

Oscar: 3 tackles, 1 interception, 4 clearances, 0 blocked shots.

Eden: 1 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 clearances, 0 blocked shots.

Eden certainly had it easier and had more freedom to create than Cesc and Oscar, so it's pretty unfair not to take it into consideration. Not saying they had a very good game--they didn't, especially Oscar--but Eden was far from good either, considering he was our only attacking midfielder who doesn't have to do much of a defensive work.

5 goals, 3 assists and pretty good everytime he has played in his main position instead of being shifted to the RW.

we played zouma, ake christensen and our other squad players against shrewsbury and won the game 2-1. anderson, evans, welbeck. kagawa, keane, powell, ddg are exactly that, i think.

Exaclty, you didnt watch the united games because he plays like shit. GO watch the games and read redcafe. Give me more stats to support your argument, wait, you just said Oscar is shit, even though he scored a goal and assisted... The irony

Chelsea played zouma, who has played first team football and ake who played first team football sincce rafa era.....

United played these guys... Vermiji, Keane, James. Powell, janko, with subs of perrara and wilson.

Exaclty, you didnt watch the united games because he plays like shit. GO watch the games and read redcafe. Give me more stats to support your argument, wait, you just said Oscar is shit, even though he scored a goal and assisted... The irony

Chelsea played zouma, who has played first team football and ake who played first team football sincce rafa era.....

United played these guys... Vermiji, Keane, James. Powell, janko, with subs of perrara and wilson.

i do watch united games and dont need to go to redcafe to validate. those are for people like you who do the exact opposite. like i said, mata has been very good when played in his position but generally he has been shifted out wide on the right where his lack of speed makes redundant.

zouma had barely played first team football till then, ake is still a 19 year old. and if u actually want to do that then powell has scored a goal for united, played in a fa cup final, and same with keane and james.

I don't remember the exact stats after the first half. I remember Matic having 56 or 57 touches and everyone else having much less. My point is, even Cesc, as a CM, didn't see as much of the ball as he normally does in the first half, so that shouldn't be the reason to excuse only Eden.

I'm not saying he was good defensively(though he was more than decent). I'm saying that because we were getting mauled there, he had to do a lot of defensive work that a playmaker normally isn't supposed to do and couldn't contribute much in attack and help Oscar.

Just compare Matic, Cesc, Oscar and Eden's defensive stats:

Matic: 4 tackles, 3 interceptions, 4 clearances, 0 blocked shots.

Cesc: 4 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 clearances, 1 blocked shot.

Oscar: 3 tackles, 1 interception, 4 clearances, 0 blocked shots.

Eden: 1 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 clearances, 0 blocked shots.

Eden certainly had it easier and had more freedom to create than Cesc and Oscar, so it's pretty unfair not to take it into consideration. Not saying they had a good game--they didn't, especially Oscar--but Eden was far from good either, considering he was our only attacking midfielder who doesn't have to do much of a defensive work.

more freedom does not equate to directly becoming better in attack. like i said before, i would just love to know how many touches he had in the first half cos i dont remember many. the first 15 minutes, we were barely in the game. the supply lines to him were simply not there. the only time he got the ball was on their corners when we tried to counter.and whenever he was on the ball, we looked dangerous. for me, hazard and cech were probably to of the players who would not have got a hair dryer from jose. fair point about cesc and think we need to go back to matic-rambo pivot with cesc as no.10.

more freedom does not equate to directly becoming better in attack. like i said before, i would just love to know how many touches he had in the first half cos i dont remember many. the first 15 minutes, we were barely in the game. the supply lines to him were simply not there. the only time he got the ball was on their corners when we tried to counter.and whenever he was on the ball, we looked dangerous. for me, hazard and cech were probably to of the players who would not have got a hair dryer from jose. fair point about cesc and think we need to go back to matic-rambo pivot with cesc as no.10.

I don't know about Ramires, but I think Oscar will be dropped next game, Cesc will be moved up and Mikel will start, like against Stoke.