Oscar

themightyblue

Right my point is that things don't happen in vacuum.

There is a reason our attacking mids struggled today. Hazard wasn't great. William had no shot on target did he? Oscar wasn't great but not as poor as you claim either - he did have a terrible start of the game though.

dude, i honestly dont know what game you were watching is you think oscar was not that bad. i mean just go the match thread and even after ignoring all my posts do see people's reaction on there. he was absolutely shocking.

just start from here http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/19667-chelsea-v-newcastle/page-12

hazard was absolutely isolated. oscar and cesc are supposed to be the main link up men. both were poor. cant blame hazard for that. he looked dangerous everytime he got the ball. also, when does willian ever have a shot on goal? :lol: in all seriousness, i dont expect much from willian. but this individual performance from oscar has been one of the worst i have seen from any player in that first half. the goal and assist are doing nothing but putting a thin cover over a leaky wall. i remember atleast 2 or 3 oppurtunities that newcastle had to score simply cos oscar lost the ball cos of his first touch or poor pass and made us susceptible to a counter.

The goal and the assist today secured a much needed 2 point lead over city.

Unfortunately, we don't get points directly from pretty assists and chances created, and thankfully for Oscar, we don't lose points directly from poor touches that go to the other team. You're following the wrong London club if you think that chances created and dribbling is going to grind out 3 points against Newcastle.

Tbh, you're in for a serious roller coaster emotional ride if you thought this season was going to be a walk in the park, bookended by beautiful touches and wonderful build up play every time.

This season is going to be won by taking points from teams that fight tooth and nail against conceding. Wasn't pretty, AT ALL. Oscar didn't play well, AT ALL. But he produced when we needed him to.

first touches actually make us play good and create oppurtunities. infact a good first touch is the most important thing in football as far as i am corcerned.

a poor first touch like oscar's today could have made us be 2/3-0 down and we could have been for a long long night. no one expects beautiful football week in and week out, but people do expect football. what oscar played in the first half was not football. it was pure shit!!!

also, i dont get this argument. u do understand that he was the main reason why we were this poor today. he dint need to score and assist. if we had piled on the pressure by even simple passes we would have been in a better situation.

first touches actually make us play good and create oppurtunities. infact a good first touch is the most important thing in football as far as i am corcerned.

a poor first touch like oscar's today could have made us be 2/3-0 down and we could have been for a long long night. no one expects beautiful football week in and week out, but people do expect football. what oscar played in the first half was not football. it was pure shit!!!

also, i dont get this argument. u do understand that he was the main reason why we were this poor today. he dint need to score and assist. if we had piled on the pressure by even simple passes we would have been in a better situation.

You're absolutely right. Everyone has admitted to it. You're preaching to the choir and I'm not arguing, I'm merely trying to express why the crusade against Oscar probably won't gain a lot of steam, at least not at this moment. No one has said he had a good game because he scored and assisted. In fact, they've said he had a poor game but he scored and assisted.

We are just treating those events as exclusive of the rest of the game. His game is obviously greater than just the sum of it's parts. Everyone here agrees that his impact on the game was fruitless and painful.

As a professional, don't you think after 40+ minutes of chasing down his own shit touches and being as out-of-sync as he's ever been weighed on him throughout the match? Don't you think his teammates and our captain let him know after he f***ed up each and every time? I certainly would hope so. He could have hung his head, thrown a fit, cursed the heavens and faked an injury but his mentality got him back into the game, got him into the position we needed him to be in to tap in the goal. It wasn't a glamorous goal, but tbh they count just the same as the pretty ones.

And in games like this, they count even more.

dude, i honestly dont know what game you were watching is you think oscar was not that bad. i mean just go the match thread and even after ignoring all my posts do see people's reaction on there. he was absolutely shocking.

just start from here http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/19667-chelsea-v-newcastle/page-12

hazard was absolutely isolated. oscar and cesc are supposed to be the main link up men. both were poor. cant blame hazard for that. he looked dangerous everytime he got the ball. also, when does willian ever have a shot on goal? :lol: in all seriousness, i dont expect much from willian. but this individual performance from oscar has been one of the worst i have seen from any player in that first half. the goal and assist are doing nothing but putting a thin cover over a leaky wall. i remember atleast 2 or 3 oppurtunities that newcastle had to score simply cos oscar lost the ball cos of his first touch or poor pass and made us susceptible to a counter.

There are three certain things in life: death, taxes, and a reply from didierforever. :D

Honestly, I obviously watched the game, in fact I did after already knowing the result, so I was paying attention to what the players were doing; how much they were contributing in their roles. Hazard had a poor game (isolated is the oldest excuse in the book) for me, as did William, and Fabregas. Oscar was at the same level, but managed to produce the final ball for both goals so I am not going to complain today. Because we did very little aside from those two goals.

I reckon all agree that Oscar needs to improve, but being only 23, he is bound to improve.

Crazy thing is this is what Mata did all the time for Chelsea and what Ramsey does for arsenal.

Play like shit and score a random goal and assist and be praised as the hero...Oscar on the other case.....

I've always said, Oscar can never win with fans...

Crazy thing is this is what Mata did all the time for Chelsea and what Ramsey does for arsenal.

Play like shit and score a random goal and assist and be praised as the hero...Oscar on the other case.....

so.... ummm.. maybe we should give him the mata treatment then??!!

so.... ummm.. maybe we should give him the mata treatment then??!!

Mata treatment, like praise him as a god and how Mata was 2x poty bs that people kept saying....

Keep giving me stats about mata's assists and nonsense like that to convince me he is world class, when he never was.

(I wasn't reffering to Jose's mata)..

Mata treatment, like praise him as a god and how Mata was 2x poty bs that people kept saying....

(I wasn't reffering to Jose's mata)..

he was not? so who won our POTY for 2011-12 and 2012-13? and literally carried the team for 2 years. BS.. :lol:

well some people have selective memory.

When he came to our team he was just a player with great ability, but step by step he is becoming a complete player. Jose is working hard on him to make him a player to sacrifice and work more for the team. Since the beginning of the season Oscar is doing an impressive collective work, getting better, and now is progressing one step more and he starts to be a decisive player.

We can be happy with Oscar and His performance.

he was not? so who won our POTY for 2011-12 and 2012-13? and literally carried the team for 2 years. BS.. :lol:

well some people have selective memory.

Mata didnt carry the team. Mata was a stat whore that played like shit for 90 mins and scored a random goal and assisted. That was the main point. Obviously, not all of mata's fault when his pivot consisted of mikel and lampard.

Mata didnt carry the team. Mata was a stat whore that played like shit for 90 mins and scored a random goal and assisted. That was the main point. Obviously, not all of mata's fault when his pivot consisted of mikel and lampard.

:lol:

now i know who you are. thought u got banned. no point in discussing with someone that has such an @@@@opinion.

now i know who you are. thought u got banned. no point in discussing with someone that has such an @@@@opinion.

Mata's better than Silva, said no one ever, except a kid from india that watches games on 240p streams.

Time to upgrade yourself or check yourself.

He is allowed to use this because he asked to get banned on his last account.

Mata's better than Silva, said no one ever, except a kid from india that watches games on 240p streams.

Time to upgrade yourself or check yourself.

Is there any need to bring ethnicity/race into it?

was not oscar supposed to be the next big thing? or have they stopped drugging and experimenting on you.

Oscar is chelsea cam... You know the guy, who replaced your savior and while your savior is worrying about getting sold every week...

He is allowed to use this because he asked to get banned on his last account.

Is there any need to bring ethnicity/race into it?

Just to be specific