Oscar

themightyblue

I really have nothing negative to say about today other than iva's dive.

What Baffles me is people don't realise that we can't have a hazard in every position, some time you need a Willian/oscar or worker bees.

Every player does their part, we smashed a top four pretender today, a team flying this season, not only did we smash them we taught them a real lesson in work rate, playing as a team and football aswell.

Sometimes I'm not Oscars biggest fan, skim through this thread and I'm guilty of glory hogging, what I mean is that I want every player to do something magical, but I realise after that I probably should rein it in a bit and take stock.

Oscar fits what we do, what we need, sometimes he pops up with goals, free kick and such.

Not a waste of space by a big stretch.

I really have nothing negative to say about today other than iva's dive.

What Baffles me is people don't realise that we can't have a hazard in every position, some time you need a Willian/oscar or worker bees.

Of course you have a point, but these players are paid for what they do in attack, not for running around like headless chickens and spoiling our attacks.. It's funny how teams like Madrid and Bayern can apparently get away with no "worker bees" in their attacking midfield and still be consistently strong. Or a Man City or Liverpool of last season. I seem to remember some trying to convince us just how VITAL Ramires was to the side, and Mikel before him too. Change Reus with anyone of Oscar or Willian and I can guarantee for sure, we'll be a better side without losing much defensively.

Of course you have a point, but these players are paid for what they do in attack, not for running around like headless chickens and spoiling our attacks.. It's funny how teams like Madrid and Bayern can apparently get away with no "worker bees" in their attacking midfield and still be consistently strong. Or a Man City or Liverpool of last season. I seem to remember some trying to convince us just how VITAL Ramires was to the side, and Mikel before him too. Change Reus with anyone of Oscar or Willian and I can guarantee for sure, we'll be a better side without losing much defensively.

This is true but this is Mourinho. He will never build a team or train his team to play like they do. Can you imagine Mourinho playing Kroos and Modric in front of his defence? Or playing a 'midfield' consisting of Alonso, Gotze and Muller with Robben and Ribery on the flanks? And it's a very hard thing to pull off.

With the way Mou sets his team up, 'workers' are necessary.

This is true but this is Mourinho. He will never build a team or train his team to play like they do. Can you imagine Mourinho playing Kroos and Modric in front of his defence? Or playing a 'midfield' consisting of Alonso, Gotze and Muller with Robben and Ribery on the flanks? And it's a very hard thing to pull off.

With the way Mou sets his team up, 'workers' are necessary.

but surely we don't need 2/3 of our AMs to be working hard defensively and offering so little in the attack.

I think we can afford Willian or Oscar, but both is unnecessary. Of course we can handle most teams playing the two of them at the same time, but when you have a pivot made of Matic and Mikel, you don't need Willian as an AM. It should be a crime actually, but to play against a team like Stoke, it's enough.

Then when you do have Cesc in the pivot, I think we can afford to have only one workhorse among the AMs. We don't need to have two guys with little attacking threat. Oscar - as I was saying in Willian's thread, imo, is more dangerous, direct and more suited to play 1-2s and link up with Cesc and Hazard. Both Cesc and Hazard said this season how they benefit themselves or enjoy playing with Oscar. So I think for the profile of matches we can afford Oscar to play (Stoke ain't one of them and one might even make a case about his shortcomings playing against big teams, not because of him, but how overly defensive Mourinho approaches those games), he should play and Willian should be rested, with Schurrle playing in the RW. If Ramires, for some miracle, can keep the form of early the season, even he is a a better attacking threat than Willian.

Than the matches where we can't afford Oscar to play - very physical matches, against teams parking the buses, vans, trains and whatever else they find, as well as the big matches where it's Mourinho who's playing defensive, with Diego playing basically isolated in the attack with little support from Hazard (who more often than not is also swamped with defensive responsibilities in said games and plays with less freedom) and relying on Cesc through balls, we could play Willian instead as he deals better with those than Oscar does (although Willian seems to be easily dispossessed if you ask me). But the thing is we aren't replacing Oscar for Willian. We're replacing Oscar for Cesc. As I said after the Stoke match I think playing Cesc as a #10 in those matches is 50% because of Oscar not being suited to them and the other 50% is because Cesc in the pivot for those matches might not be wise.

In that case I say play Ramires alongside Matic in the pivot and make the three AMs with Hazard - Cesc - Willian. Those overly physical matches with teams parking the bus more often than not, aren't very suited to Schurrle either. He can't make a lot of runs if we have possession and there are 10 men behind the ball, so playing him makes no sense. In that case stick Willian in the team. He'll offer what he normally does, but at least we have Ramires instead of Mikel in the pitch. Ramires is the opposite of Mikel. Mikel rarely gives the ball away, Ramires gives all the time, but against buses parked, that's okay, out of 10 attempts he'll end up having 2-3 good plays, so I'd say it's a better return than what Mikel normally does in the attack. It's not like we'll be threatened a lot by opposition in this scenario.

At the end of the day playing Willian and Oscar in the attacking midfield or playing Mikel in the pivot and Willian in the AM position is just Mourinho being way more cautious and pragmatic than he should imo. We lose a lot of attacking threat with both lineups, except the matches that Oscar shines - which doesn't happen as often as it should to make us afford him alongside Willian. I know few agree with me, but I'd rather have an in form Schurrle, offering a lot of runs, shots, and linking up than Willian receiving the ball in the run and then doing absolutely nothing with it. If we have either Oscar or Mikel in the team, much less reason for him to be there. The only case I think André doesn't work is the aforementioned (teams sitting way too deep, with 10 men behind the ball). We don't play those as often as some believe. We play a lot of teams that a tad more defensive against us, but not many of them just park the whole bus in their boxes. We don't need so much protection and pressing, and Schurrle while being no ace pressing and tackling, he isn't a moron either. He can do some defensive work.

Having your hand over the arse of your own sister? Maybe a move to Norwich would be beneficial to him. He could really relate to the fans there

This is the best thing I've ever seen in this thread. Even better than gifs of that goal against Juventus. Holy mother of god.

He's clearly quite a "touchy feely" sort of kid... is this "affection" normal in South America?!

Yep

I live 25km away from him, we're from the same part of Brazil. Totally normal.

Just yesterday my brother came from the shower, in only a towel, he put his clothes on in front of me and his gf... totally normal, I changed clothes in front of him too. I slept in the same bed as him too, also very normal. And he slapped my bum, totally normal too. At least in my house and I suppose Oscar's too.

Yep

I live 25km away from him, we're from the same part of Brazil. Totally normal.

Just yesterday my brother came from the shower, in only a towel, he put his clothes on in front of me and his gf... totally normal, I changed clothes in front of him too. I slept in the same bed as him too, also very normal. And he slapped my bum, totally normal too. At least in my house and I suppose Oscar's too.

Haha, totally different ways of life then B, if that happened in England people would be creeped out! :lol:

Haha, totally different ways of life then B, if that happened in England people would be creeped out! :lol:

Don't have to go that far... :) that would be pretty strange where I come from - south of brazil. Remember further south is colder, both people and weather (Southern Hemisphere). Plus more German and Italian people down there too. Brazil is a large country and regions differ in a number of ways.