Oscar

themightyblue

He is not really playing well, maybe OK is a more suitable word. For example if we compare his form now to the last 2 years he would already scored a few by now. Also it says it all when the best part of his game atm is helping out defence when he should be contributing at other end as our main CAM

I don't know, he just seems to really lack match fitness/form atm

Courtois didnt score ,, didnt even get an assist AND let in TWO goals ,, we didnt we SELL him?

If this is as good as he can get or close to he can get then I am afraid he just isn't good enough anymore. Bring decent/good as one of the main CAM in this great team isn't enough, needs to be world class level, top 10 or around there at least. That is why many people are still wanting us(including me) to go for the likes of Reus, who will make our great attack pretty much reaching perfection. After all there was nothing wrong with Mikel as the CDM, but Matic is just another level and it is showing now. Same with Oscar, if we got someone more clinical like Reus we would make so much more use of our chances and score even more goals.

If Oscar can find his early 12/13 and early 13/14 form then he is good enough for us, however as it stands I am afraid he most likely will have to go next summer if we go for Reus.

If this is as good as he can get or close to he can get then I am afraid he just isn't good enough anymore. Bring decent/good as one of the main CAM in this great team isn't enough, needs to be world class level, top 10 or around there at least. That is why many people are still wanting us(including me) to go for the likes of Reus, who will make our great attack pretty much reaching perfection. After all there was nothing wrong with Mikel as the CDM, but Matic is just another level and it is showing now. Same with Oscar, if we got someone more clinical like Reus we would make so much more use of our chances and score even more goals.

If Oscar can find his early 12/13 and early 13/14 form then he is good enough for us, however as it stands I am afraid he most likely will have to go next summer if we go for Reus.

You mean like Ozil and Mata??

There is no point in discussing a player when some have in their mind we need to build the Galaticos of England... Because even a very good performance bar a sloppy pass that could have been second assist for the game.. I'm just sorry Torres is gone because it seems to me that we have found our new scapegoat due to Ramires playing well as well.. By far the worse player for us was Schurrle but you are not in his thread stating he isn't good enough the agenda vs Oscar is crazy has been good in the 3 matches he has played this season and everyone seems to think this is the end of last year still when the cool thing was to slag off Oscar who was generally poor.

At the end of the day this isn't 13/14 it is 14/15 lets use the performances for this new BPL season as the gauge on his value to the team otherwise it will be the same thing over and over in his thread

Like I said, I am only judging him based on his few matches this season, if it was based on last season he should have been sold for Di Maria or Sanchez. Also as I stated, if his performances so far is considered very good then we are in serious trouble because our att mid should either provide assists or

score goals consistently.

No one is saying he is poor so far, but just rather underwhelming for a player of his quality.

You mean like Ozil and Mata??

No, they are both not good enough now. Someone like Di Maria, Sanchez, Sterling, David Silva.

Like I said, I am only judging him based on his few matches this season, if it was based on last season he should have been sold for Di Maria or Sanchez. Also as I stated, if his performances so far is considered very good then we are in serious trouble because our att mid should either provide assists or

No one is saying he is poor so far, but just rather underwhelming for a player of his quality.

No, they are both not good enough now. Someone like Di Maria, Sanchez, Sterling, David Silva.

Sterling............

Di Maria and David Silva are clearly not attainable.

Sanchez is not a number 10.

Sterling is not a true number 10 either, never mind him being the number 10 in our system (which requires a different skillset). Reus isn't a 10 either.

Like I said, I am only judging him based on his few matches this season, if it was based on last season he should have been sold for Di Maria or Sanchez. Also as I stated, if his performances so far is considered very good then we are in serious trouble because our att mid should either provide assists or score goals consistently. No one is saying he is poor so far, but just rather underwhelming for a player of his quality.

Alright you are right man .. Oscar has been poor so far for this season we should go out and buy Reus because he's been amazing so far this season

:Goober:

We have our main source goals and creativity sorted this season in Cesc, Hazard and Costa between them. Oscar can just play his natural game now we have those 3. He ia never going to be a 256 key pass a game player, however we need the balance him, Rami and Willian will provide.

What worries me about Oscar is the big change in his energy levels nowadays compared to when he first joined. His stamina used to impress me a lot. He used to in constant motion, always running around at a high pace. And that was one of his strengths as he would tire opponents and always provide a passing option for his team mates. He has not been the same for the longest time.

If he would somehow recover that in his game, he'd add another dimension to his game. And he surely needs that.

Must have been watching a different game to you lot as I thought he played really well.

If you want him to play like he did in 12/13, then he needs the sort of freedom that made us a Europa League-winning and third-placed Premier League side. The same sort of freedom in the midfield that cost di Matteo his job. Under Mourinho Oscar has to be more functional, because his defensive work rate is ridiculous. Fabregas is as useful as a knitted condom when it comes to defending, and we all know Hazard isn't exactly a work horse when it comes to tracking back. Apart from when Oscar has Matic AND Ramires behind him, it's moreorless impossible for him to be the explosive attacking player we have seen glimpses of in the past. That being said, when Ramires came on, I though the two of them absolutely bossed the game.