Oscar

themightyblue

Oscars performance on Monday. Get the ball, take two steps forward then pass ball back or sideways. He is our number 10. He can do so much better I know he can. But he can't continue to be a freeloader.

Dumb posted and dumber likes, now we dumbest to complete the cycle.

I didn't think he had a bad game at all Monday. I watched the first half again and he was always making him self an option for the person who had the ball, he kept the ball well and worked hard. People seem to forget there is a middle ground between a MOTM performance- having a terrible game. If he can perform to his best we would have a ridiculous good front 4.

I think people look on Oscar from wrong angle. He might look like #10 and be positioned there on tactical board before games, but once the game actualy starts, everything he does is what #8 would do. Tracks around the whole midfield, make quick passes, create space and drag players on himself, so that others have more options in attack. Even does fair share of tackles and interceptions aswell. But people cant get over that tactical board before game and still think Oscar is #10. And obviously, because that is not his role atm anymore, he wont score or assist, make dribbles in attack etc, and people will be dissapointed.

From tactical angle, Oscar had nearly perfect game vs Burnley, he was amazing #8. But if you judge him as #10, he had awfull game. But thing is, that wasnt his role in quite a few games recently, however people cant get over that.

In conclusion, Oscar has potential and talent to do alot more at #10, but that is not his role atm. I would prefer a bit more powerful and faster #8, ala Essien (if he existed), but Oscar as #8 wasnt bad either considering he switched positions alot with Cesc, he worked for others, to make play as fluid as possible.

I dont think Oscar will ever be that real #10 tbh, but the main question is if he can raise the form and then keep it wherever he plays for us in this season.

I thought he played well.

Move to the left to provide width as Hazard drift inside, drop deep to pick up the ball and let cesc go forwad.

I am not sure he will ever be a no 10 ala Mata but he is the perfect no 10 for us. Brilliant defensively and tactically.

Actually a lot of people have come to that realisation.

It was his first game in a slightly different role with Fabregas taking a lot of the creative burden. He has to continue improving now.

If they did, the thread wouldnt be full of he is bad, he should be sold,he did nothing etc comments...

Only few realised that.

If they did, the thread wouldnt be full of he is bad, he should be sold,he did nothing etc comments...

Only few realised that.

nah, only the usual suspects.

Some people won't ever like Oscar, no matter what, and some just look at the game as if it was FIFA or PES... either you perform out of this world and shines and flashes or you suck. It's a lot about the way some view the sport. So for one reason or the other, it's always the same suspects.

My posts here were to correctly firstly, myself, as I had a bad impression of him at first, with him being at most average. And then Dion and I were discussing it. The usual suspects I don't even acknowledge anymore...

I thought he played well.

Move to the left to provide width as Hazard drift inside, drop deep to pick up the ball and let cesc go forwad.

I am not sure he will ever be a no 10 ala Mata but he is the perfect no 10 for us. Brilliant defensively and tactically.

Yeah, because of that at times it looked as though we were playing with two #10s: Eden and Cesc. Tactically, Oscar had a good game and was very useful.

Yeah, because of that at times it looked as though we were playing with two #10s: Eden and Cesc. Tactically, Oscar had a good game and was very useful.

even technically he wasn't as bad as he had been the last four months of last season. He isn't on top of his game yet, far from it, but he wasn't a disgrace either. It's been considerable improvement individually from him compared to last season, partially because of Cesc's presence and his new role in the team and partially because he seemed to be 100% into the match, which isn't something we could say about many of his matches in the second half of the season...

we get the usual obsession with numbers ,, number 10 number 6 number 8 ... Oscar is providing the stability that Makelele

did and Ballack did . We now have Oscar and Matic who will allow others more freedom . he can wear 69 for all I care.

I think people (including myself) were talking about positions (#10, #8, etc) not what numbers they wear on their back.

I think people (including myself) were talking about positions (#10, #8, etc) not what numbers they wear on their back.

and I am talking about what I see Oscar providing ,, which is stability and balance ,, Something we need if others are to have the

freedom to attack

The thing about Oscar is, he will never be a creative no 10 like David Silva or Özil. The defensive responsibilities he takes here make him more of a no 8. Still he remains one of our tactically most important players. Having a defensively disciplined player in the CAM position enables Fabregas to have the play in front of him when he drops deep and cover when he advances to play the killer passes like he did monday. Also Oscar often serves as a ball carrier and picks up the ball between the centre-halves when Cesc temporarily takes on the no.10. position. This way Oscar and FAbregas complement each other just fine.