Oscar

themightyblue

I thought Oscar was excellent! Linked play very well, dropped deep to start attacks, the criticism he gets on here is bizarre! People need to realise he isn't a direct player like most number 10's who always look to go forward and try to play through balls! Oscar is different he keeps the ball moving and links play very well, and does a lot of work defensively.

is there someone who can post his heat map against Burnley? Idk if it was Mou tactic or not, but he rarely went forward on that match. He went forward a lot in Brazilian NT on WC 14. And maybe Costa heat map as well? Costa is like, everywhere in final third. If that was mou tactic, then Im satisfied enough with what oscar did against Burnley. He covers empty area that Fabregas left, and often in good position to receive a pass as well, especially when his teammate is surrounded by opponent marking But still, his passing and vision are worrying though :( I mean in term of creativity

is there someone who can post his heat map against Burnley? Idk if it was Mou tactic or not, but he rarely went forward on that match. He went forward a lot in Brazilian NT on WC 14.

And maybe Costa heat map as well? Costa is like, everywhere in final third. If that was mou tactic, then Im satisfied enough with what oscar did against Burnley. He covers empty area that Fabregas left, and often in good position to receive a pass as well, especially when his teammate is surrounded by opponent marking

But still, his passing and vision are worrying though :( I mean in term of creativity

This is Oscar:

nv2ssy.jpg

This is Cesc:

99djkn.jpg

Yeah, Oscar at times played in central midfield, interchanging positions with Cesc.

Costa:

16hs01j.png

I thought Oscar was excellent! Linked play very well, dropped deep to start attacks, the criticism he gets on here is bizarre! People need to realise he isn't a direct player like most number 10's who always look to go forward and try to play through balls! Oscar is different he keeps the ball moving and links play very well, and does a lot of work defensively.

It's a fair point. Last season he was playing a number 10 role and I think the expectations on him were just too great because whilst he doesn't do that purely creative/second striker role he actually brings a lot more defensively.

Last night he actually reminded me more of Modric, dropping deep, linking play and popping up around the box. I don't think he was excellent and I think at times he was far too close to the player in possession which meant we lacked width but it was an interesting step in his development.

He and Fabregas can interchange and that means we have far more options in an attacking sense. Fabregas simply has the vision to pick out a pass that Oscar will probably never have.

He played his role well. He's no longer our main source of creativity in the middle which is good for him and us.

He can drop deep and cover Cesc and is more suited to being a 3rd CM than Willian. If he continues like this, I think his place in the team will be safe.

He played his role well. He's no longer our main source of creativity in the middle which is good for him and us.

He can drop deep and cover Cesc and is more suited to being a 3rd CM than Willian. If he continues like this, I think his place in the team will be safe.

I'd rather have Ramires as a CM and as a attacking mid, I rather have Willian. So I hope he becomes a bench and rotation player this season.

Yes, but it seems everybody will not be satisfied and expect him to score or at least give one assist in every match he played in. Otherwise, Oscar is s***.

Idk why ppl say this. He's been really poor and being criticized for it. We have higher standards for Eden hazard but we still praised him for his performance yesterday even though he didn't set the world on fire.

Cesc and Schurrle will do it from now on

we hope, but during PS (if that's any indication) he took corners even when either Schurrle or Cesc were in the pitch. Especially at the left side. Makes no sense. Anyone but him, doesn't matter if it's not the other guy's best foot, his weak foot is better than Willian's rightful foot for corners. It's no jab on him - not everyone has to be able to take corners. He works well in central FK, but in corners he's terrible.

I re-watched parts of the match and I thought Oscar was better than in my first impression. He fulfilled a role well. Sometimes he did move forward, but he didn't receive the pass, I saw him a few times even higher than Costa (who comes back a lot to press, to receive, to everything, he's amazing). He's lacking a lot of creativity, but in the Costa goal (could be Schurrle's, not sure) he tried a through ball just a couple of seconds before the Cesc pass (probably Costa's, as for Schurrle's goal Hazard simply raped their whole defense all by himself). It was a nice ball by him, but the defender was lucky and could intercept. I remember another occasion he also completed a nice pass forward. The problem is/was he doesn't do it nearly enough and the accuracy isn't high. With Cesc creating like that, we won't miss it much, but the thing is, unfortunately, Cesc won't be this beast 38 games... Oscar should get the chance of being released of an overwhelming responsibility and flourish, just like Eden had. Eden didn't assist any goal yesterday, but he was amazing. He did his flicks, always very objectively, never just for the fun of it, and he played an important whole stretching their defense. We seem incredibly balanced now, but that's because Cesc was phenomenal. In a 'normal' day Oscar has to try harder and do better. Hazard seems to have already found his place there and he's working very good (oh I remember the other occasion, it was a sequence of passes involving Eden, Oscar and Costa, still in the first half, inside the 18-yard box - I guess it's from that play that comes the corner Iva scored? I could be wrong though about the timing).

Oscar doesn't need to appear in the stats if he can contribute to the match like Hazard did. Of course, some matches the last pass before the goal will be theirs and not Fab's, but that's the step Oscar needs to take now. Be there, do the thing, try to shine some all while still doing his pressing, high work-rate, tackle things. It doesn't seem to overload him and as I said a few days ago, he tackles a lot of balls in the final third. That's invaluable. To recover the ball when the opposition's defense and pivot are moving apart, to start their transition is one of the best attack opportunities. If he does that effectively, it's nearly the same as assisting, because if he intercepts/tackles the ball and passes it quickly to someone near him that may need another pass before the goal, his contribution is relevant. So I'll be happy if he keeps those tackles there and if he tries to create a few times himself during a match. I don't need him to have double digit assists in that case. I do expect him to have double digit goals though.

Idk why ppl say this. He's been really poor and being criticized for it. We have higher standards for Eden hazard but we still praised him for his performance yesterday even though he didn't set the world on fire.

are you kidding me? Hazard was a pivotal player for us yesterday and yes, he's set the world on fire. He was amazing and contributed a lot.

Oscar provides great balance and cohesiveness to the squad, those that bash him don't quite understand how important he is to an XI. Cesc and Oscar compliment each other perfectly.

Good role for him now. Doing what he's best at doing, which is being the perfect team player.

Covering for Cesc and Hazard as they go forward. You see for the second goal, where any other number 10 would force himself to be in the box but Oscar held himself back cause Cesc moved forward. He's never going to be as creative as Cesc and whatnot so this number 8 shirt and role is perfect for him.

but wouldn't ramires be the better option in the #10 if that's what we expect from that position?