Oscar

themightyblue

Brazilians teams normally play with numbers from 1-11 with a few exceptions... so he isn't looking for legend numbers, he was looking at the numbers that could be suitable to him as an AM. The #8 is a bit of a stretch, but #11 was okay.

He isn't purposefully looking those numbers, those were simply the ones available at each time for what in Brazil could be his position. It's very simple actually.

In recent years a few players coming back from a good career in Europe carried their odd numbers with them, but normally and mostly, teams here play with 1-11 numeration (which is different in Europe btw).

Funny how people are suddenly wanking all over Schurrle but slating Oscar even though Oscar played much more last season and lots of times looked 2x the player Schurrle is. Give the lad a break and a good run of games and see how's he gonna do. Especially look how's he's gonna do when he has a dangerous striker ahead and less pressure to create chances on his back.

Schurrle is also a year older so he kinda has 1 season over Oscar :blush:

hey hey hey, i was the very first one to wank over schurrle. :dance:

oscar is one year younger so he has youth on his side. :blush::ph34r:

I really hope Oscar comes in strong this season and gives a better end product. I really like the lad, but I'm a bit afraid that his starting place in our squad is really under threat. Not by other players, but by Mourinho. Sure, he can field Oscar in number 10 and Matic and Fabregas behind, but the moment our team starts looking shaky and we leak a few goals, I believe Jose will switch to 4-3-3 and either bench Oscar or play him on the wing. That aside, I do believe Oscar has enough quality to make the midfield trio of him, Matic and Fabregas work due to his tracking back and work rate.

Big season for the lad, and I really hope he does well.

As for shirt numbers, I'm against retiring numbers from 1-11 simply because they are so often used and requested from players.

Frank is not only a Chelsea legend and one of the my favorite players, but he is also something much more to me, an idol and a role model. He is someone who has shown to me that despite a little lack of talent you can write a fucking legend by working your guts of and believing in your purpose ! Honestly, I am not overly happy to see Oscar wear a number 8 shirt, but I will wait and see how well he fills the big boots he has and then judge him.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/juan-mata-2014-2015-performances.394002/page-2

its like the oscar page on this site.

Like I said before, two years ago was Mata's statistical peak on a top team. Mata is good, but not world class as some knuckleheads think and was never better than David Silva.

I think the lad is just unfortunate to get a shirt that is coming off the back of one of this club's biggest legends, and unfortunately it will draw comparisons.

That's really unlucky because Oscar doesn't compare well to Lamps. He checked out for almost half a season, apparently because he was focusing on the World Cup. That's unacceptable. It doesn't help he was then utter wank in the tournament (except for one game...must mention he has the odd good game because people get arsey otherwise....so here it is. He had one good game...that was really worth being shit from January onwards).

Yes he runs around a lot and puts tackles in, except for when he doesn't (around April) but he needs to start showing more end product. He's been dining off the Juventus game for almost TWO YEARS now and the only game that comes close to replicating that performance was the Southampton away match. He's shown flashes here and there but he really needs to step up.

If he doesn't he'll leave and I guarantee no-one will miss him. He's not a fan favourite yet, he's really not got many people excited like Hazard or Shurrle have and as a personality....well does he have one?

Am I the only person who struggles to actually give a shit about him? I really just want him to man the fuck up. I honestly believe Jeremie Boga has more fight and confidence in him than Oscar who just looks apprehensive when he's on the ball.

I agree to a certain extent about some points here.

The fact he goes unnoticed by many is because of his laid off personality. Go check the matches last year when he was picked as MOTM and how much he was praised, but because he's quiet, he doesn't have a classy style like Mata or a mouthwatering style like Hazard, the matches he shines and solve them for us quickly fade in our memory. He hasn't been living off of that Juventus match for two years. He's had some very good matches for us in the first part of last season when he did a bit of everything. I just watched a review of his midseason and he was much more than he's given credit for, but as he doesn't have a standout personality - as you imply - or an eye catching style in the pitch and is a quiet guy in all possible ways, it's normal for people to forget his good performances quickly, but I'd love everyone who's criticizing him over the top (not exactly you) to check the match threads of the first half of the season and see how many of them he was picked MOTM and in some he was the runner-up (Hazard averages 10 votes per matches he didn't even show up, so there's that too). See the comments, re-watch highlights. If he had a stronger personality or a more shining style, he wouldn't be as criticized as he is.

There's no denying he's been poor in the second semester. I don't think he purposefully saved himself to the WC but the fact is his head was already in the tournament for months. I think he has Mourinho's trust, but there's so long Mourinho will bet on him if he doesn't start producing what he used to. I just said in the vid review thread that playing like he did in the first months last season makes him an invaluable player for us, the kind we don't have in the squad and who's important. The thing is he needs to keep form otherwise he's just useless as he doesn't have any standout thing about him. He's easily forgettable because there's nothing really remarkable about him, it doesn't mean he doesn't shine for us because he did in the past and I hope he continues to do even more so in the future.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/juan-mata-2014-2015-performances.394002/page-2

its like the oscar page on this site.

Like I said before, two years ago was Mata's statistical peak on a top team. Mata is good, but not world class as some knuckleheads think and was never better than David Silva.

For Mata to be at his best, I genuinely believe he needs to have a team built around him.

But I think if you build a team around him, the best you'll manage is 6th because he's not a top, top player.

Of course. There is nothing better than to bring Mata into the discussion when it has nothing to do with him but Oscar and ONLY Oscar. Seems as though when people can't back up Oscar properly, they'll bring Mata into the debate just to 'advertise' how great Oscar is. :doh:

tbf Oscar's name is thrown in every discussion in this forum lately. Talk about bread, and add an Oscar comment. He's been brought in convos about Moses, Salah, Ramsey, Mata and not to mention the damned shirt number. You need to visit your beloved Mata thread though. Oh, you'll be happy it moved 2 pages only today ;) although you might want to skip the actual posts.

tbf Oscar's name is thrown in every discussion in this forum lately. Talk about bread, and add an Oscar comment. He's been brought in convos about Moses, Salah, Ramsey, Mata and not to mention the damned shirt number. You need to visit your beloved Mata thread though. Oh, you'll be happy it moved 2 pages only today ;) although you might want to skip the actual posts.

But you know well enough the Mata-Oscar comparison is really tiresome when it's just the same thing being said over and over and over again.

I did that and that's because Ramsay is an attacking midfielder who has a similar profile to Oscar but is actually producing the goods on the pitch consistently.

But I'm sure when Wales hosts the World Cup he'll take a 5 month siesta too.