Oscar

themightyblue

Unless it's against the rules why doesn't Chelsea put Lampard's tenure and his name in small print on the jersey?

Why the hell would we do that?

Lampard had been outstanding, sure, but the club is 110 years old, Lampard is just a player...

Would love to see this lad kick on now this season, opinion is divided on him…the lad can do better and i think he can.

I'm just not ready to throw in the towel just yet on the boy. But I still stand by that it is a huge season for him and Willian this year.

Hope they both produce.

Huge responsibility for the lad, no matter whether you believe numbers are important or not, the club and the players do and hopefully this will be a little extra driving force to kick Oscar on to be a lot more consistent. I was getting slightly irritated with him during the end of last season but hopefully that was just burnout. I was far and away more impressed with his performances for Brazil. Although the team themselves didn't cover themselves in glory, he was easily their best. So good luck Oscar, he has many years ahead of him and hopefully his finest form as a blue! Chelsea's new number 8!!

I don't think 12-15 league goals from Oscar is unreasonable to expect this season. If he can add double digit assists too it would be a very nice season.

If he has another season like last then I think we should be looking for a new #10 next summer.

Double digit assists :D

He can get 10 goals though.

I think all he needs is a little break. He played more than a hundred matches for us in the last two seasons not to mention the Olimpics, the confederations cup and the world cup. I don't think there are many football players in the world that have played more matches than Oscar in the last two years. Still, his stats are almost as good as Hazard's. Also, he is still very young.

Double digit assists :D

He can get 10 goals though.

I mean, those are the kind of numbers the other top #10's are probably gonna get. Mata, Özil, Silva, and even Eriksen will likely put up 10 & 10 seasons so why not Oscar? Sure he's not a great creative passer like those guys but with players like Hazard, Schürrle, Costa, and Cesc around him it shouldn't be THAT difficult.

Funny how people are suddenly wanking all over Schurrle but slating Oscar even though Oscar played much more last season and lots of times looked 2x the player Schurrle is. Give the lad a break and a good run of games and see how's he gonna do. Especially look how's he's gonna do when he has a dangerous striker ahead and less pressure to create chances on his back.

Schurrle is also a year older so he kinda has 1 season over Oscar :blush:

Can't say I felt pleased about Oscar getting the No.8 shirt. Hasn't really done anything special on a consistent basis to justify the change in shirt number.

As mentioned in the other thread, first he got the 11, now 8 and what's next then? 26 or even 25??

He Will get a statue next to ossie at this rate. The club are trying so hard to promote him as something he isn't I.e a superstar/face of chelsea