Oscar

themightyblue

Yes, Cesc isn't that bad defensively, but he isn't that good either. Until I see more of him playing in the pivot, I'll reserve my judgement on this. I can see Jose playing Cesc over Oscar as #10 in big games. You underestimate Fabregas as #10. He's better than 7.5. He played great in his last season at Arsenal when he played a #10, making about 40 accurate through balls in 20-something starts.

but our set up is completely different from Arsenal's, he wouldn't have half the freedom he had at Arsenal here and I'm not so sure with more things in his mind he'd be that effective. We just have to test him out there.

I think Cesc is more effective in a deeper role (especially in our system) but he can play in the number 10 role better than anyone else in our squad. In his last few season for Arsenal he played further forward and he was unbelievable, scoring goals and racking up assists for fun.

This. That is why sometimes I reckon we will see Fabregas play ina variety of positions and why I also think Ramires is still a key part of Mourinho's plans. In the final third, if we have Fabregas in a more advanced role he is one of the best players to have on the counter. Knowing how Mourinho plays effective counter-attacking football, when we counter with Fabregas on the ball we will see this method work excellently imo. Like what Real was like under Jose. Counter attack with their main no.10 Ozil who had Ronaldo, Benzema and Di Maria to pick from on the counter and they scored goals galore through this approach.

This is why the signing of Fabregas benefits Hazard hugely. Opposition teams know there is more than one creative beast in our team and Fabregas is one of the best passers in Europe so on the counter I just imagine us having the likes of Hazard and Costa to pick from. Can see Fabregas playing the no.10 role or more advanced of a CM in a 4-3-3 formation quite a few times this season. Especially when we want to kill of games because as I was saying his decision making the in the final third is excellent.

but our set up is completely different from Arsenal's, he wouldn't have half the freedom he had at Arsenal here and I'm not so sure with more things in his mind he'd be that effective. We just have to test him out there.

It's true that he didn't have defensive duties and played a free role when he played a #10 at Arsenal, but he played #10 in the same formation we use: 4-2-3-1.

But I'm inclined to think 4-3-3 with Cesc as the most advanced midfielder and MVG/Ramires + Matic would be the best: less responsibility defensively, more touches of the ball and more opportunities for defence-splitting long balls.

imo he isn't that bad defensively. He's strong, he isn't easily shoved around. He can tackle - even if he doesn't do it as well and instinctively as Oscar for example, but with Matic a bit behind him and Oscar by his side or a bit higher, we don't need him to be an ace defending. There are other players balancing him out - despite not being even that bad to start with. In the big games I expect to see Ramires somewhere - or everywhere. It worked last year, so as frustrating it is to see him passing, I guess we won't fix what ain't broken. But then if Cesc is in better form than Oscar, I can see him playing #10 in those games, but even then he has to be much better than Oscar (Oscar needs to be the level of the last four months for us), otherwise Mourinho will also choose Oscar work-rate over Cesc creativity.

After many interviews without mentioning him, Mourinho's finally remembered about Ramires by the way :lol:

"We have Diego Costa, [Didier] Drogba and [Fernando] Torres; [Cesc] Fabregas and Ramires; this is a club that wants to be strong and have real possibilities to compete for trophies. We need competition in every place.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/328809.html#4pS9ViSwLHPqJJ68.99

He puts Fabregas and Ramires together which further suggests Fabregas' main position will be CM. But could the order in which he says it be significant? You'd think it would be Costa as first choice, Drogba second and Torres third. Perhaps Fabregas is therefore ahead of Ramires and both will be played in the big games.

I dont get why people constantly say Hazard' best position is in the middle, IMO it isn't. He's best on the left where he has space to run into.

because zidane played in the middle, therefore hazard has too as well...

After many interviews without mentioning him, Mourinho's finally remembered about Ramires by the way :lol:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/328809.html#4pS9ViSwLHPqJJ68.99

He puts Fabregas and Ramires together which further suggests Fabregas' main position will be CM. But could the order in which he says it be significant? You'd think it would be Costa as first choice, Drogba second and Torres third. Perhaps Fabregas is therefore ahead of Ramires and both will be played in the big games.

I think his first plan will be to have Fabregas #8 and Oscar #10, one balancing out each other defensively and offensively. If Oscar continues to be in bad form, I think he'll try Willian before moving Cesc there.

There's absolutely no reason to play Ramires in around 70% of our matches in EPL and that's why I see Cesc playing in the pivot.

I think his first plan will be to have Fabregas #8 and Oscar #10, one balancing out each other defensively and offensively. If Oscar continues to be in bad form, I think he'll try Willian before moving Cesc there.

There's absolutely no reason to play Ramires in around 70% of our matches in EPL and that's why I see Cesc playing in the pivot.

Wait, so your saying rambo wont play 70 percent of the games?

Wait, so your saying rambo wont play 70 percent of the games?

I'm saying there's no need, if Mourinho agrees is another completely different story.

But with Cesc in the team and all the praise he's been receiving from Mourinho, there's a possibility for that to come true and not only be my wishful thinking.

Cesc is the answer for the defensive, bus parked teams we struggled last year, one would think he'd replace Ramires, but maybe he could play in the AM

IMO this is a great 'problem' to have. We can debate whether Oscar/Cesc should be our #10, or even if 433 is better than 4231 (which i believe to be so), but finally, just finally we have options and good ones at that.

IMO this is a great 'problem' to have. We can debate whether Oscar/Cesc should be our #10, or even if 433 is better than 4231 (which i believe to be so), but finally, just finally we have options and good ones at that.

Wasn't that long ago when everyone kept dying a little inside on posting probable lineups with Anelka as right winger. The squad is nearly unrecognisable.

Wasn't that long ago when everyone kept dying a little inside on posting probable lineups with Anelka as right winger. The squad is nearly unrecognisable.

Seriously. Kalou and Anelka at right wing. It was a pick-your-poison scenario.

Now were arguing over fabregas and oscar at the #10. Not bad.

Actually a good question. Same size, Oscar better in tackles. The only reason I can think of is that fabregas has played there before.

But Oscar also doesn't have the passing capabilities that Cesc has from deep. Cesc's ability to deliver accurate lob through balls is second to none, and like Mourinho said, his ability to read the game and see thing before they happen is also what separates him from Oscar imo. I think it's clear JM doesn't view Oscar as a DLP, and neither should we.

Oscar doesn't have stamina and isn't strong enough to handle 90 minutes in the pivot. It's one thing to keep pressing and tackling in the final third - where he wins most of his tackles anyway (though the most accurate zone he wins them is in the opposite half), and another completely different to have to bug attackers in our own half of the pitch for 90 minutes. I think Oscar doesn't have the physical requirements to play in the pivot, even as #8 that can handle some lighter players, but he's way too light and I don't think he's the same size as Cesc. Isn't Cesc more muscled and heavier? I do know he's stronger for sure, although Oscar is surprisingly strong for his slim figure. He protects the ball quite well with his body for someone so light in a league with such bulked players as the EPL.

edit: just checked CFC site. They're the same height (179cm) but Cesc has nearly 20kg more (67kg compared to 85kg).

Oscar doesn't have stamina and isn't strong enough to handle 90 minutes in the pivot. It's one thing to keep pressing and tackling in the final third - where he wins most of his tackles anyway (though the most accurate zone he wins them is in the opposite half), and another completely different to have to bug attackers in our own half of the pitch for 90 minutes. I think Oscar doesn't have the physical requirements to play in the pivot, even as #8 that can handle some lighter players, but he's way too light and I don't think he's the same size as Cesc. Isn't Cesc more muscled and heavier? I do know he's stronger for sure, although Oscar is surprisingly strong for his slim figure. He protects the ball quite well with his body for someone so light in a league with such bulked players as the EPL.

edit: just checked CFC site. They're the same height (179cm) but Cesc has nearly 20kg more (67kg compared to 85kg).

muscles can be always make by going to gem but its just mentally cesc is better he is like a manager playing with them and he enjoying giving throw pass to his mate players to score unlike oscar he trying to score by himself to make his name...he still young and need more experience to figure out that he playing for the team not for his name