Oscar

themightyblue

More like PSG cannot sign him because they blew their whole budget on Luiz. Next summer we will see if PSG come in again and if Reus wants to leave I hope they do so we can sign him.

No matter how good Oscar gets Reus will always be better

Why would PSG contact him if they can't sign him? Since when did reus become a CAM? Pls sort yourself out.

Yep that is how the club works, once we identify a better player and affordable we replace them with the new players. Just because we have a good squad atm doesn't mean they will be going for the next 5-10 years. For example Diego Costa might break his leg in Xmas, out for 6 months and comeback as a new Torres. Do we keep him as well or sign Cavani for example who is available for 30m?

The club is improving all the times and all the players are nothing more than employees, just ask Mata and Luiz. If Jose get sacked next year and Klopp came in, insisting on buying Reus to replace Oscar, do we let him? Of course we do...

This idea is different from Real Madrid, who just buy super stars every summer no matter how good of a season the previous player had. They are run differently from us.

We only sell uncommited players like lukaku, and players who want to leave like mata, luiz, kdb but also players not good enough for our squad, marin, van anholt. Oscar is a commited player and wants to stay and he is good enough for any club in the world. We are not in permanent transition some players must stay for stability especially oscar, hazard, cesar, courtois who have broken into the team at an early age.

We only sell uncommited players like lukaku, and players who want to leave like mata, luiz, kdb but also players not good enough for our squad, marin, van anholt. Oscar is a commited player and wants to stay and he is good enough for any club in the world. We are not in permanent transition some players must stay for stability especially oscar, hazard, cesar, courtois who have broken into the team at an early age.

Mata and Luiz didn't want to leave, we just sold them because we found better options and have too good to turn down offers for them. The same might be happening to Oscar, he even admitted he has held talk with PSG before.

I don't want Oscar to leave at all. He has huge potential can be one of the worlds best midfielders in 2-3 years.. He was our best player till December then he suffered burnout and had world cup in his mind that affected his performances like Jose said. Now he's having a one month rest which will do him good. I can see him flourishing this season.

And not to mention he's only 22 and is only going to improve. Selling him wouldn't be wise.

Mata and Luiz didn't want to leave, we just sold them because we found better options and have too good to turn down offers for them. The same might be happening to Oscar, he even admitted he has held talk with PSG before.

I get it you don't like oscar but you don't need to be faster than your shadow. May be we should sell hazard because we can afford robben your logic is illogical. We won't sell players we don't want to sell. If we do want to sell oscar and PSG knocks then we sell but for now we don't want to sell and he doesn't want to leave same for all our players even though they all have a price. PSG knocked we gave them luiz because he is happy to go, same with mata, kdb and lukaku but also the club is happy to sell. We are building a team and not experimenting with every player that looks better than one of ours.

Yep that is how the club works, once we identify a better player and affordable we replace them with the new players. Just because we have a good squad atm doesn't mean they will be going for the next 5-10 years. For example Diego Costa might break his leg in Xmas, out for 6 months and comeback as a new Torres. Do we keep him as well or sign Cavani for example who is available for 30m?

The club is improving all the times and all the players are nothing more than employees, just ask Mata and Luiz. If Jose get sacked next year and Klopp came in, insisting on buying Reus to replace Oscar, do we let him? Of course we do...

This idea is different from Real Madrid, who just buy super stars every summer no matter how good of a season the previous player had. They are run differently from us.

It is true that if you identify a better play and affordable you will replace them.

The key is he has to be much better and affordable if not it does not make sense.

I cannot see any better player @10 than oscar right now for the role that he is playing (Mou want his am not only to be an am but also to press hard and oscar is absolutely brilliant at it, if you want a pure no 10, we had mata who was fantastic but will struggle if you ask him to play pressing game).

Ozil -> Will go out of steam by 1st half if you ask him to play pressing game

Gotze -> nah

Reus -> Not a no 10

Messi -> Not happening

J Rodiguez -> Need to watch him play for a season but I can make any comment.

Disappointed me in the last few months but hopefully he can make a cracking return to our squad and benefit from Costa and Fabregas in the team. I really like the lad but he needs to step it up again. Bags of potential though and after a well deserved rest hopefully he can be the old Oscar we know and like.

Make or break season coming up for Osc. Hopefully he matures and steps it up. Still consider him as our starting #10 atm.

Agree. I completely disagree with those saying Willian can be used for the #10 position. Players like Willian aren't build for the middle, he needs the space you get out wide to fully operate. Hazard's a different story but that's still up in the air.

Oscar is the best #10 in the team as it stands right now. The new additions should help raise his level. But people should realise Oscar will never be a playmaker.

Oscar is the best #10 in the team as it stands right now. The new additions should help raise his level. But people should realise Oscar will never be a playmaker.

I always thought #10 was meant to be a playmaker?

And Willian played his best football for us in the middle imo. He doesn't stay out wide when he plays RW.

Agree. I completely disagree with those saying Willian can be used for the #10 position. Players like Willian aren't build for the middle, he needs the space you get out wide to fully operate. Hazard's a different story but that's still up in the air.

Hazard is the best no.10 in the team. He is just a very good winger as well but I reckon he could be as effective in the centre if not more. Like Sheva said, Willian's better performances came in the centre. I think he is better there than out wide and I think we are more of an attacking threat when he plays in the centre. But like Skipper said it is a season where I hope he steps up because there is a lot of competition and many fans want Schurrle starting now with his improved performances.

Make or break season coming up for Osc. Hopefully he matures and steps it up. Still consider him as our starting #10 atm.

Fabregas for me.

If Mourinho sticks to the 4-2-3-1 the way I see it is: Willian/Salah - Fabregas/Oscar - Hazard/Schurrle.

The 'Fabregas in the pivot' idea won't last very long in my opinion.

I always thought #10 was meant to be a playmaker?

And Willian played his best football for us in the middle imo. He doesn't stay out wide when he plays RW.

Not necessarily. You have the playmakers like Riquelme, Rui Costa, goal-scorers like Kaka or hybrids like Bergkamp, Totti, Del Piero. Real 10's don't really exist anymore if you look around. It's more about dynamic midfielders with all-round abilities. And coaches find it more and more important for them to contribute defensively.

Willian doesn't do it for me in the middle. Mourinho talked about how Cesc's mind works a lot faster than most players, Willian doesn't have that at all. He's not fit for the role imo. And I remember Mourinho saying Willian is a player for the sides so he thinks the same.

The 'Fabregas in the pivot' idea won't last very long in my opinion.

He's gonna be destroyed there against any good team, but that's why we have Ramires and co for those games.

Against the lesser sides though, i don't see why he can't play there the same way Lampard did.

Hazard is the best no.10 in the team. He is just a very good winger as well but I reckon he could be as effective in the centre if not more. Like Sheva said, Willian's better performances came in the centre. I think he is better there than out wide and I think we are more of an attacking threat when he plays in the centre. But like Skipper said it is a season where I hope he steps up because there is a lot of competition and many fans want Schurrle starting now with his improved performances.

Mourinho doesn't seem to agree. He never played him there. There were more players who you'd think would perform in the middle but didn't. Ronaldinho is the prime example for me. He was never as good in the middle as he was on the sides (in a free role).

Cristiano Ronaldo is a player who has everything you could want in a striker and more but he's poor in the middle.

Hazard will only be the best #10 in the team when he actually performs playing in the middle. Until then, it's all speculation. Who knows, Mourinho might play him there next season. I know I'd like to see how it works.