Oscar

themightyblue

1. That is the funniest thing I ever heard, LOL burnout from not having a 2 weeks holiday. He took more like 2 months equivalent of holiday the way he was playing after Xmas anyway.

2. True but for 5 months? damn that got to be a problem surely? In 12-13 he did the same and was eventually dropped by Rafa too. Started off amazingly then faded and eventually completely gone by Jan/Fab last year.

3. Yep this is the clearest reason I could agree with, however it controversial like you said.

4. We cannot wait forever though and why should we when there are players like Reus out there being available who will come in and do a better job immediately. I think 1 more season to prove himself is fair and if it still doesn't work out for him there is always PSG.

#2 the issue with nagging injuries is that although they don't necessarily make you miss matches, they may hinder your performance. Which explains the difference in pace, aggressiveness, tackling, from first to second half of the season. I think CBF was a factor, but not the only one.

#4 nobody is saying we should wait on Oscar. Chelsea cannot wait on any player, but that's why we've got Willian, Andre, Salah, etc. That's why City wins the EPL, because when Aguero is injured, or in bad shape, they've got Dzeko/Negredo. Or Nasri for Silva, etc.

#2 the issue with nagging injuries is that although they don't necessarily make you miss matches, they may hinder your performance. Which explains the difference in pace, aggressiveness, tackling, from first to second half of the season. I think CBF was a factor, but not the only one.

#4 nobody is saying we should wait on Oscar. Chelsea cannot wait on any player, but that's why we've got Willian, Andre, Salah, etc. That's why City wins the EPL, because when Aguero is injured, or in bad shape, they've got Dzeko/Negredo. Or Nasri for Silva, etc.

Like I said, I have no problems with niggling injuries at all but they cannot be considered niggling if they last nearly half a year. Also coincidentally he had one of the best game in a long time for Brazil straight away, all pointing toward the idea that he was saving himself for the WC. However like many have said he is still one of our best player and shouldn't be sold yet, lets just all agree that we will make a judgement on him next season that will define his Chelsea career.

Jack of all trades, master of none?

Well first of all, he is 22 and he can become master of many things in few years. Thats what people call development. Pogba isnt realy world class at anything yet. Neither is James. But they will be in few years.

Like I said, I have no problems with niggling injuries at all but they cannot be considered niggling if they last nearly half a year. Also coincidentally he had one of the best game in a long time for Brazil straight away, all pointing toward the idea that he was saving himself for the WC. However like many have said he is still one of our best player and shouldn't be sold yet, lets just all agree that we will make a judgement on him next season that will define his Chelsea career.

niggling... thanks! Don't know, seen strange things with players going from hot to cold for no apparent reason.

completely agree. Many players have to improve, otherwise we will have another silverless season.

I ask again what talent? Your definition of talent must be different from mine.

I suppose talent has levels as some will argue anyone that makes it as a professional footballer is talented. even Heskey is talented based on that criteria.

My own definition however is having high aptitude or skill that is above average ability (average in this case refers to the average footballer) and be able to do those things at a proficient level be it passing, shooting,control,set pieces,heading,vision,dribbling etc. I can't apologise for having high standard

Can you wait after the world cup to do your daily critique of Oscar.

Jack of all trades, master of none?

Well first of all, he is 22 and he can become master of many things in few years. Thats what people call development. Pogba isnt realy world class at anything yet. Neither is James. But they will be in few years.

If Oscar develops properly and adds some muscle, he could easily be our #8 for years to come...

As for James Rodriguez, he's the perfect #10. Dribbling ability, technically gifted, vision, flair, a natural playmaker

Can you wait after the world cup to do your daily critique of Oscar.

So no counter argument then as expected. If Oscar wasn't so technically limited and overrated I bet you would have something to concrete to say other than the go to argument "He has mythical huge potential and he's only 22.

Willian Salah Hazard Schurrle are all better than Oscar.

How can you say that Salah is better than Oscar lol what has he shown? Salah has barely played for us, while Oscar has shown he can be very important for us.

I think we all agree he wasn't much good last year barring a few games at the beginning of the season. Next season will be massive for him, the WC will be well behind him and hopefully he is ready to really kick on from the season start. I said earlier on in the thread that he won't be afforded another season like he has just had and I stand by that, because Mourinho won't have it either, that's a given. I feel we have a number of players capable of playing as the #10 in this team such as Willian, Hazard and Fabregas to shove him from there if he isn't doing it. I also think he could do a job next to Matic this coming season and that Jose may have that in his thought too, to push Cesc as the #10 and allow Oscar's work rate and energy to operate from there.

I don't think all is lost with this lad because I truly he believe he has huge amounts to offer, whether it comes to fruition who knows but Jose put huge faith in him when selling off Mata that he can play a role in this team. That role is up for debate and to which it will be we know little. I just have this feeling he will played deeper this season and our main creative player will be Cesc behind the striker. It's a great headache to have for anyone, we have a lot of options, we need them, it's a long season but this group has astronomical talent and Jose will get it right whether it be Oscar or all of them.

UTC

So no counter argument then as expected. If Oscar wasn't so technically limited and overrated I bet you would have something to concrete to say other than the go to argument "He has mythical huge potential and he's only 22.

Spain and their superior technically ability says hi in the world cup.

Waking up every morning and bashing Oscar is my job-Lionsden.