Oscar

themightyblue

Exhibit A

Oscar can never please him...

Its a lose lose situation.

I ask again what talent? Your definition of talent must be different from mine.

I suppose talent has levels as some will argue anyone that makes it as a professional footballer is talented. even Heskey is talented based on that criteria.

My own definition however is having high aptitude or skill that is above average ability (average in this case refers to the average footballer) and be able to do those things at a proficient level be it passing, shooting,control,set pieces,heading,vision,dribbling etc. I can't apologise for having high standard

FUCK DEFENSE! HE IS NOT NEARR A WORLD-CLASS LEVEL PEROFRMANCE. HE IS OVERRATED! SELL!

He may not be a WC player (at least not yet), but he's a good player nonetheless. I like that he's quite versatile and can be used on many positions. Not every player has to be world-class to be useful. His work rate is good. There are much worse players in the team that I would like to see gone before Oscar.

And defense is important. Though of course it isn't the most desired attribute of #10.

We've seen flashes of what Oscar can do. I think he's more of a number 8 than 10 though. He's extremely versatile can play on the wings too. We should keep him another year to see if he is more consistent. If we get a crazy offer like we did for Luiz in January, depending on how he performed and who is available we could sell. Until then, patience people, patience.

He may not be a WC player (at least not yet), but he's a good player nonetheless. I like that he's quite versatile and can be used on many positions. Not every player has to be world-class to be useful. His work rate is good. There are much worse players in the team that I would like to see gone before Oscar.

And defense is important. Though of course it isn't the most desired attribute of #10.

Does he play at a proficiently high level in any of those positions though. technically any player can be versatile as long as their performance level isn't the criteria used to judge their versatility.

Does he play at a proficiently high level in any of those positions though. technically any player can be versatile as long as their performance level isn't the criteria used to judge their versatility.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

True. But he's good enough. Not great, but certainly not terrible. You're right that ideally, Oscar should be great at something to stand out. Perhaps someday he will be. It's true that he doesn't have attributes of a traditional #10, but it doesn't mean he must be sold as soon as possible. Though maybe he will be sold. We don't really know Jose's plans. It's widely assumed that Fabregas was bought to be #8, but it may not be true. Perhaps Jose wants to bench Oscar/play him on the wing/play him as a CM/or sell him. Until the end of the transfer window, we can only speculate.

Until then, Oscar is still a Chelsea player and by far not the worst one.

In most of our supporters mind a player is either World Class or useless. There is no middle ground. Some of it is frustration from wanting a player to reach levels that are not within their capability. Oscar is not world class, he is still a very good player though and is only 22 ! He has a lot of time to improve.

Jose values the defensive play of his attacking mids like no other head coach.

After all he was the one who chose to sell his most creative CAM, Mata, to keep his hard working CAM, Oscar.

Oscar is going nowhere as long as he is committed to what Jose wants.

But in all honesty, there is nothing wrong with having versatile players. I thought it used to be a bonus for any team?

Well Kalou could play left/right and ST, doesn't stop him from being bad though and for a CAM-the main creative force in a team like our that is not enough.

Jose values the defensive play of his attacking mids like no other head coach.

After all he was the one who chose to sell his most creative CAM, Mata, to keep his hard working CAM, Oscar.

Oscar is going nowhere as long as he is committed to what Jose wants.

Your last sentence summed it up. No one is doubting Oscar or his ability but rather the fact that can he keeps up with Jose's demands? Being burnout for nearly 5 months despite being only 22 is not a good sign. If he produces another season like that Jose won't have that no matter how good or potentially good he could be.

Well Kalou could play left/right and ST, doesn't stop him from being bad though and for a CAM-the main creative force in a team like our that is not enough.

Your last sentence summed it up. No one is doubting Oscar or his ability but rather the fact that can he keeps up with Jose's demands? Being burnout for nearly 5 months despite being only 22 is not a good sign. If he produces another season like that Jose won't have that no matter how good or potentially good he could be.

There are 3 aspects to take into consideration:

1) He was burned out because of lack of any vacation in a while which may have led to;

2) nagging injuries which clearly prevented him from doing the things he did before

3) CBF

The first two are self-explanatory, but the 3rd one is controversial; some will diss him for that (lack of commitment to Chelsea), but CBF plays hard ball normally, and I reckon they might have gone overboard considering the home soil and Brazil social situation: "give the people its circus." A minor slight from Ramires kept him away from the team for months and almost cost him his WC spot. I just noticed that it happen to most if not all Brazil players.

4) he's 22... Jose words: only "ready players" don't need to improve; the 29-year-old who get in the starting XI and play as if they've been there forever.

Both Oscar and Hazard need to improve, in different ways, but they both do. We either show some patience with our own wonderkids, or we are never going to have truly great players on the squad. Good luck buying Messi...

There are 3 aspects to take into consideration:

1) He was burned out because of lack of any vacation in a while which may have led to;

2) nagging injuries which clearly prevented him from doing the things he did before

3) CBF

The first two are self-explanatory, but the 3rd one is controversial; some will diss him for that, but CBF plays hard ball normally, and I reckon they might have gone overboard considering the home soil and the Brazil's social situation: "give the people its circus." A minor slight from Ramires kept him away from the team for months and almost cost him his WC spot.

4) he's 22... Jose words: only "ready players" don't need to improve; the 29-year-old who get in the starting XI and play as if they've been there forever.

Both Oscar and Hazard need to improve, in different ways, but they both do. We either show some patience with our own wonderkids, or we are never going to have truly great players on the squad. Good luck buying Messi...

1. That is the funniest thing I ever heard, LOL burnout from not having a 2 weeks holiday. He took more like 2 months equivalent of holiday the way he was playing after Xmas anyway.

2. True but for 5 months? damn that got to be a problem surely? In 12-13 he did the same and was eventually dropped by Rafa too. Started off amazingly then faded and eventually completely gone by Jan/Fab last year.

3. Yep this is the clearest reason I could agree with, however it controversial like you said.

4. We cannot wait forever though and why should we when there are players like Reus out there being available who will come in and do a better job immediately. I think 1 more season to prove himself is fair and if it still doesn't work out for him there is always PSG.