Oscar

themightyblue

I think he was just okay against Mexico going forward. He was still a beast pressing (it seems like only he carried on the pressing that was so successful for us last year at Confed Cup), but he was an after thought in the attack.

And it was an important match for us in the WC... so well, what's the theory now?

He was rightfully subbed and I hope he plays much better against Cameroon..

I think he was just okay against Mexico going forward. He was still a beast pressing (it seems like only he carried on the pressing that was so successful for us last year at Confed Cup), but he was an after thought in the attack.

And it was an important match for us in the WC... so well, what's the theory now?

He was rightfully subbed and I hope he plays much better against Cameroon..

From the perspective of Paulinho, Oscar was a god against Mexico. :)

Brazil will destroy Cameroon and everything will be perfect until the next round - then we will go out.

Update: rumor has it Paulinho may be leaving the team with either Hernanes or Fernandinho coming in. WIth that, our chances would improve a bit.

Brazil will destroy Cameroon and everything will be perfect until the next round - then we will go out.

Update: rumor has it Paulinho may be leaving the team with either Hernanes or Fernandinho coming in. WIth that, our chances would improve a bit.

I feel like either Hernanes or Oscar should be playing at the same time and not both...

Fernandinho would be a better fit and hopefully Fernando gets called up in the future.

I feel like either Hernanes or Oscar should be playing at the same time and not both...

Fernandinho would be a better fit and hopefully Fernando gets called up in the future.

Agreed... Fernandinho is the actual CM of the bunch.

Oscar has more potential, but Hernanes is more ready at this time, not to mention in better form. Hernanes should be utilized more by scolari, who is over-conservative with team selections.

Agreed... Fernandinho is the actual CM of the bunch.

Oscar has more potential, but Hernanes is more ready at this time, not to mention in better form. Hernanes should be utilized more by scolari, who is over-conservative with team selections.

Hernanes is slow and doesn't press well. He also sucked ass at Inter. So, I dont agree with better form...

Fernandinho should be starting with Gustavo, which would allow Oscar to play as a proper 10, but I think Neymar will be affected greatly if that happens...

Brazil still have abundance of young cms in their ranks with Fernando being the best of the bunch.

if we get Holland again we will, but I believe we can get past Chile

I think the last goal for brasil vs cameroun shows a true reflection of oscar's talent. Dispossessing mbia and waiting for the return pass to give a clever assist. He is not a purist attacking midfielder but one that generally improves a team and chooses when he is sure he can effect a game rather than trying severally to achieve that effect. He just needs more consistency

I think the last goal for brasil vs cameroun shows a true reflection of oscar's talent. Dispossessing mbia and waiting for the return pass to give a clever assist. He is not a purist attacking midfielder but one that generally improves a team and chooses when he is sure he can effect a game rather than trying severally to achieve that effect. He just needs more consistency

He is just young. In 3-5 yrs I think he will be one of the most important midfielders in the world. Maybe earlier even. He just needs time.

I am the only one thinking he peaked early at Chelsea. Played quite well when he first came, but he has been slacking this year. I know he has played a lot of games, but he just isn't at it!

In the end he said he is staying here, good news :)

It is, he has the potential to be one of Chelseas greatest in a season or two. :ets hope he stays focussed on Chelsea, and the agents keep their beaks out.

May be with the acquisition of fabregas PSG think he is available. It will be interesting to see how our midfield will shape up next season. All roads lead to diego costa with fabregas,oscar,matic,hazard spraying the passes the team looks almost like the galacticos.