Oscar

themightyblue

It has to be a performance in a Chelsea shirt in order to count as a response.

Yeah, but still.... he could perform brilliantly at the highest level game on the entire universe, at least should make some people here cheer up a bit. If not, I'm afraid there must be something wrong with them (football aside).

Why are people surprised? This is typical oscar. he rarely plays badly for brazil, club level on the otherhand is a different matter entirely. He's a odd one really because most players usually have their best games at club level. in Oscar's case it's the other way round and he needs to fix that if he wants to stay at the club.

Scolari, who guided Brazil to be world champions in 2002 and has never lost a World Cup match with the country, said: "Neymar got man of the match, but if there was a second award it should go to Oscar.

"Our statistics after the game shows he was the one who made the most tackles, and made lots of dribbles and crosses - he was our most creative player on the right.

"He was fantastic and that's the kind of player he is and I have always believed in him. Any doubts came from your side [the media]. His level may have dropped but I never lost belief in him."

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/m=6/news=scolari-hails-goalscorer-oscar-2369361.html

Pretty shocked at the level of performance he gave tonight giving how bad he was for about half of the PL season. Sure hes playing for Brazil in the World Cup in Brazil but its blatantly obvious he was prioritising that over the PL for a while. If we had that level of performance from him in some of the games where he was underwhelming against smaller teams then maybe we could have nipped in front of City and won the league, who knows? He inspired Brazil tonight. I wish he'd have given that sort of performances for Chelsea in the second half of the campaign and perhaps we'd be talking about being PL champions.

Where is barbara that said the main reason Oscar plays well for brazil is because opponents are shit and PL ones are soo much better? I think Croatia put a realy good performance and yet Oscar was great against them. And Im sure he will be good against any side they face.

I think his excuses need to stop. He puts higher level into NT and less passion into Chelsea. Next season I expect form like today on regular basis (maybe few games off, but not half of season FFS)...

He was realy good today after bad start, great for him.

If you're going to mention me, do it properly. Where have I ever said the opponents are poor? Is Italy, Uruguay and Spain poor?

What your brain fails to remind you or to register about my many posts is that pitches are bigger in Brazil (and in other countries in Europe), the game is less physical and the speed is different too. I have many posts in this very thread saying such. I've never said we play against poor opponents, you must confused or crazy.

For me it comes to no surprise that he plays well for Brazil. It's more natural to him. I've always refuted (and still do) those who question his commitment. He's always been committed imo, he just couldn't handle the anxiety and he did have a drop of form and injuries. Let\s get rid of the boy because he couldn't have the nerves of steel of a veteran, but got carried away with his emotions a few months from the biggest thing in his career however long it ends up being.

Did you and everyone else here know that the media in Brazil was asking him to be dropped from the team for Willian? He was HEAVILY criticized for the last two friendlies last week, and many mentioned his terrible form for Chelsea (and even Mourinho's comments) and he confessed in more than one interview that the media wanted to take him off of the team, but that his manager trusted him and his work, so he wasn't concerned about it.

So Chelsea fans want him to be dropped (or sold), Brazilian media and many fans want him to be dropped from the starting XI. The boy doesn't catch a bloody break. He's 22, he just became a father, he was about to play a WC in his country and that affected his emotional side, in addition to injuries and a dip of form. Still he was nearly treated as Torres. Shame on all of you who did it (imo). The boy - as well as others such as Hazard, Schurrle, Salah - need time to mature. Just because they make in a year what most of us won't make in a lifetime and play for a big club as Chelsea, doesn't mean they aren't 22, 23...

I agree with everyone in this thread that says we need Oscar to play as well as in today's match as in many other for us at the start of the season way more consistently. Unlike many of you though I think it's a question of time. I was for 5 minutes in doubt of his ability to play in a league like EPL 2-3 months ago. But it lasted 5 minutes. Maybe reading so much bullshit does affect one's brain...

I'm positive he'll play matches like this for us - he already did many times (there were matches this season when he had better stats), he just needs time to make it consistently. Without a daughter in the way and a WC in his country, I'm sure he'll be more relaxed emotionally and hopefully he won't have physical issues and will handle better his eventual drops of form. I'm willing to wait a couple of years for this consistency to be here.

I don't buy when people say 'it's our system', mainly because in the beginning of the season that same system suited Oscar while Mata struggled. I just hope next season Oscar can perform like this consistently, he's a great talent and still young, but i never ever want to see him play like he did in the last 6 months of the season again, he was awful.

I think EPL style is too different and he's still coping. He will adapt completely and he will overcome his 'winter is coming' thing. It's a matter of time about that too imo. He has to mature more to be more consistent and he has to cope better with the physicality and learn how to play creatively in smaller pitches as he does in bigger ones (he is no creativity master, but he does better in bigger spaces imo)

If you're going to mention me, do it properly. Where have I ever said the opponents are poor? Is Italy, Uruguay and Spain poor?

What your brain fails to remind you or to register about my many posts is that pitches are bigger in Brazil (and in other countries in Europe), the game is less physical and the speed is different too. I have many posts in this very thread saying such. I've never said we play against poor opponents, you must confused or crazy.

For me it comes to no surprise that he plays well for Brazil. It's more natural to him. I've always refuted (and still do) those who question his commitment. He's always been committed imo, he just couldn't handle the anxiety and he did have a drop of form and injuries. Let\s get rid of the boy because he couldn't have the nerves of steel of a veteran, but got carried away with his emotions a few months from the biggest thing in his career however long it ends up being.

Did you and everyone else here know that the media in Brazil was asking him to be dropped from the team for Willian? He was HEAVILY criticized for the last two friendlies last week, and many mentioned his terrible form for Chelsea (and even Mourinho's comments) and he confessed in more than one interview that the media wanted to take him off of the team, but that his manager trusted him and his work, so he wasn't concerned about it.

So Chelsea fans want him to be dropped (or sold), Brazilian media and many fans want him to be dropped from the starting XI. The boy doesn't catch a bloody break. He's 22, he just became a father, he was about to play a WC in his country and that affected his emotional side, in addition to injuries and a dip of form. Still he was nearly treated as Torres. Shame on all of you who did it (imo). The boy - as well as others such as Hazard, Schurrle, Salah - need time to mature. Just because they make in a year what most of us won't make in a lifetime and play for a big club as Chelsea, doesn't mean they aren't 22, 23...

I agree with everyone in this thread that says we need Oscar to play as well as in today's match as in many other for us at the start of the season way more consistently. Unlike many of you though I think it's a question of time. I was for 5 minutes in doubt of his ability to play in a league like EPL 2-3 months ago. But it lasted 5 minutes. Maybe reading so much bullshit does affect one's brain...

I'm positive he'll play matches like this for us - he already did many times (there were matches this season when he had better stats), he just needs time to make it consistently. Without a daughter in the way and a WC in his country, I'm sure he'll be more relaxed emotionally and hopefully he won't have physical issues and will handle better his eventual drops of form. I'm willing to wait a couple of years for this consistency to be here.

I think EPL style is too different and he's still coping. He will adapt completely and he will overcome his 'winter is coming' thing. It's a matter of time about that too imo. He has to mature more to be more consistent and he has to cope better with the physicality and learn how to play creatively in smaller pitches as he does in bigger ones (he isn't no creativity master, but he does better in bigger spaces imo)

Oscar plays poor, people complain. Oscar plays well, people complain.

Well when you watch someone who has had 5 or 6 months of underwhelming performances and has been accused by the manager as saving himself for a World Cup play like that you can't do anything else other than complain when you think what could have been had he arrived in games playing like that. He was very good for Brazil, if he'd played like that in some of our games and inspired us in the same way he did for Brazil tonight then I am positive we could have won the league. Ok I am not saying he cost us the league, no way am I saying that but if he played like that and created many chances in games then who knows. I don't like this players taking the World Cup more seriously or saving themselves for it ahead of their clubs season, its a farce, Luiz and Willian were fully committed in every game despite a World Cup and Ramires also was before he got suspended. I don't care if its just because he became a father or that he is Brazilian and its a World Cup in Brazil it is unacceptable in my eyes to prioritize a World Cup over a whole half of a European football season.

The question with Oscar will always be consistency until he's able to play a part in winning back the league title

I hope Oscar has a strong world cup and continues the good form with Chelsea next season

Well when you watch someone who has had 5 or 6 months of underwhelming performances and has been accused by the manager as saving himself for a World Cup play like that you can't do anything else other than complain when you think what could have been had he arrived in games playing like that. He was very good for Brazil, if he'd played like that in some of our games and inspired us in the same way he did for Brazil tonight then I am positive we could have won the league. Ok I am not saying he cost us the league, no way am I saying that but if he played like that and created many chances in games then who knows. I don't like this players taking the World Cup more seriously or saving themselves for it ahead of their clubs season, its a farce, Luiz and Willian were fully committed in every game despite a World Cup and Ramires also was before he got suspended. I don't care if its just because he became a father or that he is Brazilian and its a World Cup in Brazil it is unacceptable in my eyes to prioritize a World Cup over a whole half of a European football season.

I don't think he was saving himself up for the world cup. He is just a very young player who has ups and downs. He has shown a lot of talent, like in this game for Brazil but then might go missing in another game for them in the future. He is only 22 though. He has a lot of time to sort his problems out and fulfill his potential. Who is a better teacher than Mourinho for this ?

now it's 5-6 months? LOL forever. I'm not sure if you watched Chelsea this year, mate, but whatever floats your boat.

His last good match for us was on New Year's... against Soton. Then he got injured, had a dip of form, and let his emotions get the best of him. Even if you don't discount the time he didn't even play at all because he was injured, it doesn't make 5 months, let alone six. I'm sick of fans like you and that has nothing to do with Oscar, but with you. Always taking digs at the players, seemingly watching another blue team and coming with opinions that differ from facts. No one denies he's been shocking for us, but saying it's been for 5-6 months is ridiculous.