Oscar

themightyblue

It's the World Cup and next season - make or break for him

He can be amazing on his day - just lacks consistency - it's more likely a 'mental' problem - I'm sure next season he will step up ;)

And that's the issue. Any player "can be amazing on their day". I have seen Titus fecking Bramble and Lee Cattermole producxe motm performances before. heck even Torres has had some amazing performances for us yet he's deemed not good enough and rightfully so. we need a player that can be relied upon atleast 7x out of 10.

And since you are "sure" he will step up next season the matter is settled and we can all sleep happy and comfortably.

They are similar in terms of career path. . . . . . highly rated and touted to reach great height but ultimately faded into oblivion and failed to fulfill the early promise and "potential". That's what Henrique means and tbh I thought his point was quite straight forward and unambiguous.

Ganso became and was injury prone....Ganso's skillset was always very high, he was just slow and injury prone....

I love how OScar faded into oblivion and failed to fulfill early promise and potential...TBH, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Illiterate nubs would like your comment.

I doubt it... Willian was far from impressive the recent game and Neymar sucked as well minus the one pass that should of counted as an assist. Hulk is Hulk.

How is Ganso and Oscar anyway similar? Their attributes are totally different.

If Willian was far from impressive the recent game then Oscar was a trainwreck, and was even worse the friendly before that.

If Willian hasnt taken his spot after the croatia match then it will only be because Oscar has drastically turned it around.

If Willian was far from impressive the recent game then Oscar was a trainwreck, and was even worse the friendly before that.

If Willian hasnt taken his spot after the croatia match then it will only be because Oscar has drastically turned it around.

Willian made one pass to Hulk that game......

After that he lost he ball, made no tackles and was completely irrelevant.....(Neymar is selfish or doesnt see the pass fast enough)

In the game vs panama, he scored a poacher goal from brilliant link up play by neymar and maxwell(i think)

When people compare Oscar, they are comparing Oscar to OScar #10, not Willian. Oscar #10 was Brazil best player, however, when Scolari made Neymar the key playmaker, Oscar in general was never as good as he was prior and Neymar rose instead..

Willian made one pass to Hulk that game......

After that he lost he ball, made no tackles and was completely irrelevant.....(Neymar is selfish or doesnt see the pass fast enough)

In the game vs panama, he scored a poacher goal from brilliant link up play by neymar and maxwell(i think)

When people compare Oscar, they are comparing Oscar to OScar #10, not Willian. Oscar #10 was Brazil best player, however, when Scolari made Neymar the key playmaker, Oscar in general was never as good as he was prior and Neymar rose instead..

He had to make Neymar the key playmaker though. That gives Brazil the best chance at winning because Neymar is literally a once in a generation type of talent. Who in that squad can break down an offense like Neymar? Maybe Hernanes when hes in form. Hulk once in a blue moon. Big Phil did what he had to

International football usually comes down to that "one pass" or presence. Other than that goal in the panama game he was full of intensity in a game that was lacking it from the brazil side.

He had to make Neymar the key playmaker though. That gives Brazil the best chance at winning because Neymar is literally a once in a generation type of talent. Who in that squad can break down an offense like Neymar? Maybe Hernanes when hes in form. Hulk once in a blue moon. Big Phil did what he had to

International football usually comes down to that "one pass" or presence. Other than that goal in the panama game he was full of intensity in a game that was lacking it from the brazil side.

Neymar is exceptional talent.... However, he doesnt see the pass fast enough. He has far more ability than Oscar to make the pass, but seeing it is kind of a different story... For instance, in the game vs Serbia, there were many instances where the wing players made runs for Neymar and he never pass it. Rather, he dribbles it and gets fouled or loses it...

In the game vs Serbia, he had one relevant pass that whole game and it didnt count... Neymar might grow into the role better eventually, but he over complicates things a lot as well.

If anything, Bernard should be starting since he makes clever runs and is absolutely fantastic player (moreso than Hulk).

Oscar wasnt anything special back then at confed cup...WC will be even bigger test.

Im sure he is taking friendlies careful, similar to Hazard and both will show best in WC.

However if he gets average performances and Brazil dont win cup or get realy close, he will be axed from first 11 IMO. At least for some time until he proves he is good enough.

This guy is one big mistery and lets hope he finds his form back, would be sad to see another talent leaving club after such promise.

I doubt it... Willian was far from impressive the recent game and Neymar sucked as well minus the one pass that should of counted as an assist. Hulk is Hulk.

How is Ganso and Oscar anyway similar? Their attributes are totally different.

Also the comparison makes no sense because what ruined Ganso's potential were his many injuries - serious injuries - not simply form or not delivering it... one case has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other even if Oscar proves to be a flop - which I think it's too early to say. I don't know where those guys get the ideas that they can already tell if a promising youngster will reach their full potential when they're still 22 based on an UP and DOWN season, as Oscar didn't have an entire bad season, only half of it.

Also nobody seems to remember that Hazard had an anonymous start of season and then after his injury he never reached the highs he did from December-February. Also nobody mentions he's like that every single season.So is Hazard now the kind of player we can only count for 3-4 months a season? Because that's how he's operated since he's at Chelsea and not many label him like that. As they shouldn't because those are players still in their development years. Hazard is another level compared to Oscar, but both still had ups and downs during the season, but because Hazard's were in the beginning and then he faded after some outstanding months, people don't talk because their memory is short and in some cases, selective too. I could do a refresh and tell that the last goal Eden scored that wasn't from a penalty was in the first week of February... don't remember when it was his last assist, but certainly not much recently.

Give the lads time to improve and they probably will.

Also the comparison makes no sense because what ruined Ganso's potential were his many injuries - serious injuries - not simply form or not delivering it... one case has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other even if Oscar proves to be a flop - which I think it's too early to say. I don't know where those guys get the ideas that they can already tell if a promising youngster will reach their full potential when they're still 22 based on an UP and DOWN season, as Oscar didn't have an entire bad season, only half of it.

Also nobody seems to remember that Hazard had an anonymous start of season and then after his injury he never reached the highs he did from December-February. Also nobody mentions he's like that every single season.So is Hazard now the kind of player we can only count for 3-4 months a season? Because that's how he's operated since he's at Chelsea and not many label him like that. As they shouldn't because those are players still in their development years. Hazard is another level compared to Oscar, but both still had ups and downs during the season, but because Hazard's were in the beginning and then he faded after some outstanding months, people don't talk because their memory is short and in some cases, selective too. I could do a refresh and tell that the last goal Eden scored that wasn't from a penalty was in the first week of February... don't remember when it was his last assist, but certainly not much recently.

Give the lads time to improve and they probably will.

Exactly... Ganso was injury prone.

I bet he never watch Ganso play, because Ganso pure passing ability,technique/touch and vision is world class .... But he's brittle and he slow...

And that's the issue. Any player "can be amazing on their day". I have seen Titus fecking Bramble and Lee Cattermole producxe motm performances before. heck even Torres has had some amazing performances for us yet he's deemed not good enough and rightfully so. we need a player that can be relied upon atleast 7x out of 10.

And since you are "sure" he will step up next season the matter is settled and we can all sleep happy and comfortably.

Woah cut the fucking attitude!

He has had some great games for us, but has gone missing in others - this happens to lots of players, Thierry Henry being the main one to spring to mind...

I said next season is make or break (in my opinion) and I hope he makes it - but according to you I'm some kind cunt that hopes a decent young player turns good?

Fucking sick of this place lately... How hard is to be slightly positive? :(

Woah cut the fucking attitude!

He has had some great games for us, but has gone missing in others - this happens to lots of players, Thierry Henry being the main one to spring to mind...

I said next season is make or break (in my opinion) and I hope he makes it - but according to you I'm some kind cunt that hopes a decent young player turns good?

Fucking sick of this place lately... How hard is to be slightly positive? :(

I'd give him till January to get his shit together, we can't keep playing him if he doesn't perform. His position is way too crucial to not perform.

I'd give him till January to get his shit together, we can't keep playing him if he doesn't perform. His position is way too crucial to not perform.

Fine, but up until Jan last season he was looking solid, it was thereafter he started looking a bit scrappy..?

With our summer signings, we will be adding depth, which hopefully means our reliance on individuals is lessened - and as a team we can win games, so hopefully this will give us a bigger window in which to evaluate and make decisions...

Fine, but up until Jan last season he was looking solid, it was thereafter he started looking a bit scrappy..?

With our summer signings, we will be adding depth, which hopefully means our reliance on individuals is lessened - and as a team we can win games, so hopefully this will give us a bigger window in which to evaluate and make decisions...

Let's hope we have to rely less on individuals next year. I do have faith in the abilities that Oscar has though, I really hope he performs again next season. Let's hope he has a good WC so he has his confidence back.

If the rumours if him potentially leaving are true would that be the biggest hint yet we are reverting back to 4 3 3 full time?

I would love us to have other options - 4-2-3-1 just doesn't always work ;)

4-3-3 or 4-4-2 against some teams would definitely help ;)

I'm not sure the Oscar rumours are true - just more media BS :)