Oscar

themightyblue

Let's sell to PSG. He probably wants to reunite with David anyways.

I am not sure. To sell Oscar is not the answer here. This kid has got too much talent.

Personally, I would rather wait until January whether he can wake up or not.

Probably, he wants to reunite with Luiz? Lol.

I am not sure. To sell Oscar is not the answer here. This kid has got too much talent.

Personally, I would rather wait until January whether he can wake up or not.

Probably, he wants to reunite with Luiz? Lol.

I would rather wait as well.

Maybe he just doesn't fullfill his promise and is indeed a bit average as Lionsden pointed out before.

Ow my.

How many overrated youngsters have we seen fizzle out and fail to build on early promises over the years? too many to count.

He is going the way of gazillion other Brazilian flops like Robinho,Anderson,Ganso,keirrison et al. the former two werer even more highly rated and talented than oscar as a youngster and in Robinho's defence, he actually fulfilled some of his potential at Madrid before deteriorating.

The truth is Oscar never showed anything at club level and was purchased strictly off the back of his Brazil U20 and national team exploits in meaningless friendlies.

First Oscar was out of form, I read here. Then, he had too much on his mind, the WC, his wife being pregnant..etc.

Now, what´s next?

So far, what I have seen, Oscar is playing dick.

global warming and wars going on around the world are weighing on his mind. The sun, earth and moon must form a perfect alignment before he can perform.

He was "mangnificent", "zidane like" "world class" in the first half of last season apparently and he also has these mythical and imaginary huge potential and has been tipped by "experts" to become a world class playmaker in the future so it's all right

global warming and wars going on around the world is weighing on his mind. The sun, earth and moon must form a perfect alignment before he can perform.

Perhaps, you may have something there?

Somebody even suggested to let him rest for a month. Lol.

Hey Jose I am tired. Can I go home to warm my bones by the fire?

His head on the hospital.

How could you play well with that? Wait until we see how he perform at the real stage (world cup) before making any judgement.

These are the list of excuses that has been used to defend his constant mediocre performances and form since he joined

Adaptation to a new league,climate and style of football, age, fatigue and exhaustion, unsuitable tactics, world cup fever, baby fever.

Unfortunately it shares a striking resemblance with Torres who was also fervently defended with excuses ranging from unsuitable tactics and style of play, lack of service, lack of proper pre season rest, malouda's selfishness (pathetic I know), Drogba taking him out of the spotlight and so on.

At some point the uncomfortable question and evaluation has to be made i,e "is he good enough" "what is the guarantee that he isn't like the other hundreds of "talented" (I used that loosely in Oscar's case) youngsters who failed to fulfill their potential"

There are not enough questions being asked. all I see are bunch of excuses being made.

You want to compare off the field stories with Eden? Great but Eden and Oscar were both going to the Cup, both played a ton of games but only one shined continuously for the Blues. Eden had an ankle issue and Oscar a knee and both could have shut it down in preparation for the World Cup but only one did. Maybe seeing Luiz and Cahill play through pain to achieve glory I.E. Champions League glory just spoiled me. New generation of a player's intestinal fortitude I have to get used to I suppose

To be honest day after day I'm getting the feeling he is the new Ganso.

He might start the opener against Croatia, but no doubt he will lost his place for Willian in the subsequent games.

I doubt it... Willian was far from impressive the recent game and Neymar sucked as well minus the one pass that should of counted as an assist. Hulk is Hulk.

How is Ganso and Oscar anyway similar? Their attributes are totally different.