Oscar

themightyblue

actually, I wouldn't be surprised if all Brazilian players involved in the world cup performed much better next season, regardless how well Brazil perform in the world cup.

They've been under a lot of pressure, not to mention busy with preparations. One thing is to question whether the player is consciously preserving himself for the world cup in home soil, another is whether he is unconsciously doing so. I personally believe that for most of them, it is the latter.

Only 70%?

Some of the younger kids at the academy could duplicate his performances since January & play as well as him.

Was talking about how only 70% of what Jose says are true-most of them usually are just mind games. In regard to your Oscar reference I agree, he didn't play as well since new year bar a couple of games like against Southampton, Arsenal...etc. However, I think he was saving himself for the WC and feared a burnout. This season will be very important for him, possibly his last chance to truly impress us as fans too.

Only 70%?

Some of the younger kids at the academy could duplicate his performances since January & play as well as him.

its amazing how you only remember the negatives and the positives. He had an incredible start to his Chelsea career and did very well during the first half of this season. Just because he ended it on an average note does not mean he's a bad player.

Had Oscar been at some other club you'd be drooling over the prospect of signing him.

Was talking about how only 70% of what Jose says are true-most of them usually are just mind games. In regard to your Oscar reference I agree, he didn't play as well since new year bar a couple of games like against Southampton, Arsenal...etc. However, I think he was saving himself for the WC and feared a burnout. This season will be very important for him, possibly his last chance to truly impress us as fans too.

I know you were talking about Jose.

When I questioned his performances, insinuated that he was saving his butt for the WC, I was attacked here.

Should Roman pay him good wages to walk around the pitch for 5 months? I don´t think so. The way I see it. Either you play as you are capable or screw you. Should anyone at Chelsea care about his Brazil? Sorry, but I do not.

its amazing how you only remember the negatives and the positives. He had an incredible start to his Chelsea career and did very well during the first half of this season. Just because he ended it on an average note does not mean he's a bad player.

Had Oscar been at some other club you'd be drooling over the prospect of signing him.

It´s amazing how you misread my posting. Did I not post, he played shitty since January only?

It´s amazing how you misread my posting. Did I not post, he played shitty since January only?

you want to sell him because he's been average since January? Brilliant! Forget all the great things he's done here and judge him for his recent performances.

you want to sell him because he's been average since January? Brilliant! Forget all the great things he's done here and judge him for his recent performances.

Tbf he hasn't been instrumental in any trophy we have won since his arrival in 2012(yes we only won Europa League). When we won it, Torres, Mata, Terry, Lampard, Hazard and Luiz all played key roles while Oscar didn't do much. Same with BPL, he had a few good/great performances but most of them are just general/OK performances with a few terrible ones. Toward the end of 12-13 season he faded as well, not sure why it repeated in 13-14 but I can only think of WC. If he does the same next season it will have to be his fault and confirms that he isn't up to it physically-in which case we better off selling.

But in general I would give him next season as the last chance.