Oscar

themightyblue

If I could remember it right, didn't Oscar said something in his last interview that he is, looking to stay for many years just like Lampard or JT?

Just wait and see how he plays in Brazil with his style, and people will forget whatever he said in the past, and crying for him to be our no. 10 next season.

We need a few players stay for years. Hazard, Matic, Azpi, etc. Hopefully Oscar joins that list. Dude is sick.

As people (not necessarily here) love to make a big deal out of non-stories, I was checking my architect website and Oscar and I happen to share him (the architect). So I came across his house (he lives very near to me when he's in Brazil) and a few things should be noted.

His house is named Chelsea. His TV room has a London Bridge panel that takes the entire wall, his TV has a wallpaper (or something like that, too much of a modern and expensive TV for me to know what exactly is that) that is him wearing a Chelsea shirt, not a Brazil NT jersey. So I think he's going to retire at Chelsea 12 years from now because he clearly loves this club.

See? I can do a non-story become something I want and have an agenda and an angle about it. It just depends on who is telling the story I guess and they can twist the way they want.

I'm going to make this go viral :Goober: Oscar loves the Chels :worship2:

Regarding Parreira: I think the european portuguese speakers are not used to "num", which is how brazilians will sometimes pronounce "não" when they're speaking really fast as Parreira was. He said "ele 'num' tava reclamando". It's crystal clear to us because we're used to it, but if you think about it, he says it really fast, maybe it's not as easy for non-brazilians.

In my opinion he said clearly: "So he was complaining / "então ele 'tava' reclamando"

Ele está bem fisicamente. ELe não tem jogado... problema mais do Mourinho do que dele.Querer jogar ele quer, e ele gosta de jogar e ele não estava confortável com essa situação. Conversamos e ele até se abriu um pouco... ENTÂO 'tava' reclamando porque o treinador lá faz muitas mudanças, tira mete...

By the way it doesn't make many sense for him to say "he wasn't complaining because the coach make a lot of changes".

And in the first question, he lost himself a little bit, but it makes sense for him to talk about the past because the question was: "Do you think that TODAY Oscar is the only pure CAM in Brazil?". Maybe he drinks too much,,, but here he has to say that football changed and Brazil can't expect to have players like they had in the past. This is also because he sees (and everyone can see that) that this team in tearms of quality is really far from beeing as good as many others that Brazil had in history

Actually it kinda makes sense that he wasn't complaining precisely because the coach was making a lot of changes. Oscar understands now that this is the way it works in Europe, especially at top teams playing in a lot of different competitions as we did, there is just way more squad rotations than in Brazil. In general, the starting eleven in brazilian clubs is a lot more fixed than the typical top european team, especially for a player like him, who was used to being pushed into every single game because he's always been regarded as a special player in every club he played for. What he meant is despite being uncomfortable with this kind of situation, he understands why it is so, thus he hasn't been complaining.

I'm curious.. I tend to agree with Rom, as I did last night.
In fact I wanted to translate it (not as good as you and Barbara of course) but he was faster.
I also have a friend who is learning Portugese and he told me that translation is 'he was complaining'.
So, can you tell me how is said in Portugese - by using the same words (expressions) -
He was complaining
He wasn't complaining
In words, I'll figure out pronunciation.

He was complaining - Ele estava reclamando (formal) / Ele 'tava' reclamando (informal) / Ele reclamava (this could also be used, very very subtle difference in meaning though).

He wasn't complaining - Ele não estava reclamando (formal) / Ele 'num' 'tava' reclamando (informal) / Ele não reclamava (Same as above).

Regarding Parreira: I think the european portuguese speakers are not used to "num", which is how brazilians will sometimes pronounce "não" when they're speaking really fast as Parreira was. He said "ele 'num' tava reclamando". It's crystal clear to us because we're used to it, but if you think about it, he says it really fast, maybe it's not as easy for non-brazilians.

Yes, but if he is not sure about what Parreira really said because he is Portuguese and not Brazilian, he definitely shouldn't have called Barbara and I flat out liars!

Yes, but if he is not sure about what Parreira really said because he is Portuguese and not Brazilian, he definitely shouldn't have called Barbara and I flat out liars!

Yeah, maybe. But still an understandable mistake. I could see myself in his shoes translating something from a portuguese player slightly wrong due to minor differences in speech that I wasn't aware of. As a native speaker you would never imagine yourself not being able to translate at least an overall idea of what's being said accurately, even if you consider you're listening to a variant of your native language.

He was complaining - Ele estava reclamando (formal) / Ele 'tava' reclamando (informal)

He wasn't complaining - Ele não estava reclamando (formal) / Ele 'num' 'tava' reclamando (informal)

I think that you can be right. I'm not 100% convinced yet but...

He speaks fast , in low tone and maybe the word is "não", but he pronounced it as "num". Scolari also does that for example and many other brazilians, but it's easiest to understand when you speak slowly.

I think it was to Alex that I said he was lying, I'm sorry for that, I just did it because for me it's far from crystal clear that the word he said was "não", "num", or even "então" that was my first interpretation. EDIT: I didn't said Barbara was a liar, I said you Alex were, because that's not the right way to pronounce the word "não" in portuguese from Portugal, Brazil or other country, and he speaks in such a low tone and so fast that at least for me that's not crystal clear. But ok...

Oscar will be better than both players.

Yep that 'potential' isn't it, just like Luiz had the potential from 2010 until now. Reus or Gritzemann can also develop too, Reus is already top 10 best wingers in the world, Oscar not even best 10 CAM in the world. Also Oscar isn't really that young either, he is already like 22. Reus is only 2 years old so he can improve too.

If they pay 50M€ or 50M£, imagine how much they will pay for Oscar. The owner of PSG is completelly crazy.

I think they said they would try it.

Lol He'd have a monster world cup for anybody to pay even half of that after the way he ended his season here.