Oscar

themightyblue

I'm of the opinion that Oscar has been our second best AM/winger this season, better than Willian and Schurrle. His form dipped badly towards the end but he's still scored 14 goals this season, which is a very high number for a number 10. He could improve on the creative aspect of his game, he's only 22 and is one of our best players. One will think he's contributed nothing this season.

I think some of the criticism and negativity is a little bit over the top. When is it going to end? It's his 2nd season in Europe already under his 3rd manager. He is also dealing with life as a father for the first time, it's tough. Give the guy some breathing room, ffs.

I'm not really surprised Oscar complained (if quotes are accurate) to Parreira. Oscar is the player who suffers most from our rigid system since he is the number 10 and plays through a lot of bodies. He hardly ever interchanges with the right winger anymore and now he's expected to hold his position. The problem with that is Oscar is a player who thrives on movement and switching positions. He's clearly not very good at creating his own space or protecting the ball, like a David Silva. He does that a lot for Brazil, with Neymar drifting in to the center and Oscar going wide right on occasion. His fantastic performances against West Ham and Southampton come to mind, as games where he was given more of a free role to be a 10 and an inverted winger. The kid needs space to run with the ball as he is not fantastic in tight spaces like Hazard and to a lesser extent Mata. He is not going to get it if he is not given more freedom. Certainly not in the very physical PL.

I'm not really surprised Oscar complained (if quotes are accurate) to Parreira. Oscar is the player who suffers most from our rigid system since he is the number 10 and plays through a lot of bodies. He hardly ever interchanges with the right winger anymore and now he's expected to hold his position. The problem with that is Oscar is a player who thrives on movement and switching positions. He's clearly not very good at creating his own space or protecting the ball, like a David Silva. He does that a lot for Brazil, with Neymar drifting in to the center and Oscar going wide right on occasion. His fantastic performances against West Ham and Southampton come to mind, as games where he was given more of a free role to be a 10 and an inverted winger. The kid needs space to run with the ball as he is not fantastic in tight spaces like Hazard and to a lesser extent Mata. He is not going to get it if he is not given more freedom. Certainly not in the very physical PL.

he didn't complain about the position at all.

He said he was uncomfortable (about not playing much) and crazy Parreira even said with all words, 'but he didn't complain' and then he said 'because there are a lot of players for Mourinho to use' (summarizing the sentences. One could interpret those words being Oscar's, but that's hard when he starts the sentence saying 'He didn't complain' and then even if Oscar did said it, what is clear is that 1) he wasn't complaining 2) he only said he was uncomfortable, but Chelsea has a big squad and players have to play. Not one moment the position was questioned. The only time the word position is said is when the guy asks Parreira if Oscar is the only Brazilian we have to play as a creative #10 and Parreira gives that cocaine-high answer trying to save his arse about something that happened 2 world cups ago. So there's bullshit coming from all places, Parreira, bad translation, wrong quotes, stupid chick saying bullshit (especially because Mourinho replaced Oscar - the Brazilian and reason why he was dropped as Mourinho has a problem with Brazilians - for another Brazilian, or doesn't the moron know that when Oscar was dropped Willian stepped on his shoes?) to media trying to make a fuzz out of something minor.

The worst part though is Parreira sharing things that were confessed in private in a WC and NT context, not in a complaining way, or even venting, but just confessing an uncomfortable situation with the WC around the corner. His rotation and bad fitness at Chelsea in the past didn't prompt this kind of comment. He was probably asked by the NT staff how he was physically and how he felt keeping in mind the WC was approaching and he said how he was physically and how he felt. Who wants to play little a few months prior to the WC? Of course he'd be more comfortable playing, but this seems like a big non-story with mexican elements of drama where there's none.

Sorry, I hadnt seen it until now!

I gotta say, people are making a situation out of absolutely nothing. Parreira is a clown who oftenly speaks nonsense. Like, sometimes people ask him about X and he starts complaining about Y or Z. It is quite hilarious the history he has regarding failures in interviews!

Also, I second everything Barbara brilliantly wrote. He explicitely said "OSCAR WASNT COMPLAINING". All he did (in my understanding), was to tell the Brazilian staff he wish he had played more during this last month but he understands the reasons why he didnt (rotation, injury, etc). THAT'S ALL. Nothing major or allarming!

About David Luiz, Parreira just showed how clueless he is about European football. He said Mourinho doesnt Play him because he doesnt like Brazilians and that he could pick one of Cahill or Terry to play along Luiz because he is vastly superior than both. Now, those are his words and not some complaint coming from Luiz. An absolute nonsense and I bet Scolari knows better (he still speaks highly of both JT and Lampard in every press conference someone mentions their names).

Oh, bear in mind Parreira is the same person that back in 2012 did that position by position comparisson back in 2012 when we faced Corinthians in the CWC. If you dont remember, he said Cassio was better than Cech, Ralf+Paulinho better than Mikel+Lampard, Emerson better than Hazard (I know) and Guerreiro better than Torres. Also, he said once that if Neymar was given the same treatment as Messi he would outperform the Argentine (and then Neymar had to post an appology or whatever on Tiwitter). So we can say he only speaks bullshit when it comes to comparring Brazilians and Europeans football!!!

Wow. What's a deluded guy like him doing in the NT set up? Shocking.

Really? In a Mourinho 4-2-3-1, the number 10 is close to one of the more important roles. The wingers start deeper due to the number 10s positioning and the fact the wingers being deeper create space for the number 10 giving Oscar a chance to make runs into either channel.

(watch this stupid video I found which isn't very stupid from when they start talking about the number 10 role)

They use Ozil as an example when Jose was at Real. Oscar interchanged into the right side this season at times but when we are counter attacking like we seen for example against Schalke in Germany, Oscar ended up making a run onto the right wing after Hazard started the counter attack, running through the middle in a #10 position before Oscar took it and ended up squaring for Torres to score.

he didn't complain about the position at all.

He said he was uncomfortable (about not playing much) and crazy Parreira even said with all words, 'but he didn't complain' and then he said 'because there are a lot of players for Mourinho to use' (summarizing the sentences. One could interpret those words being Oscar's, but that's hard when he starts the sentence saying 'He didn't complain' and then even if Oscar did said it, what is clear is that 1) he wasn't complaining 2) he only said he was uncomfortable, but Chelsea has a big squad and players have to play. Not one moment the position was questioned. The only time the word position is said is when the guy asks Parreira if Oscar is the only Brazilian we have to play as a creative #10 and Parreira gives that cocaine-high answer trying to save his arse about something that happened 2 world cups ago. So there's bullshit coming from all places, Parreira, bad translation, wrong quotes, stupid chick saying bullshit (especially because Mourinho replaced Oscar - the Brazilian and reason why he was dropped as Mourinho has a problem with Brazilians - for another Brazilian, or doesn't the moron know that when Oscar was dropped Willian stepped on his shoes?) to media trying to make a fuzz out of something minor.

The worst part though is Parreira sharing things that were confessed in private in a WC and NT context, not in a complaining way, or even venting, but just confessing an uncomfortable situation with the WC around the corner. His rotation and bad fitness at Chelsea in the past didn't prompt this kind of comment. He was probably asked by the NT staff how he was physically and how he felt keeping in mind the WC was approaching and he said how he was physically and how he felt. Who wants to play little a few months prior to the WC? Of course he'd be more comfortable playing, but this seems like a big non-story with mexican elements of drama where there's none.

In my opinion he said clearly: "So he was complaining / "então ele 'tava' reclamando"

Ele está bem fisicamente. ELe não tem jogado... problema mais do Mourinho do que dele.Querer jogar ele quer, e ele gosta de jogar e ele não estava confortável com essa situação. Conversamos e ele até se abriu um pouco... ENTÂO 'tava' reclamando porque o treinador lá faz muitas mudanças, tira mete...

By the way it doesn't make many sense for him to say "he wasn't complaining because the coach make a lot of changes".

And in the first question, he lost himself a little bit, but it makes sense for him to talk about the past because the question was: "Do you think that TODAY Oscar is the only pure CAM in Brazil?". Maybe he drinks too much,,, but here he has to say that football changed and Brazil can't expect to have players like they had in the past. This is also because he sees (and everyone can see that) that this team in tearms of quality is really far from beeing as good as many others that Brazil had in history

In my opinion he said clearly: "So he was complaining / "então ele 'tava' reclamando"

Ele está bem fisicamente. ELe não tem jogado... problema mais do Mourinho do que dele.Querer jogar ele quer, e ele gosta de jogar e ele não estava confortável com essa situação. Conversamos e ele até se abriu um pouco... ENTÂO 'tava' reclamando porque o treinador lá faz muitas mudanças, tira mete...

By the way it doesn't make many sense for him to say "he wasn't complaining because the coach make a lot of changes".

And in the first question, he lost himself a little bit, but it makes sense for him to talk about the past because the question was: "Do you think that TODAY Oscar is the only pure CAM in Brazil?". Maybe he drinks too much,,, but here he has to say that football changed and Brazil can't expect to have players like they had in the past. This is also because he sees (and everyone can see that) that this team in tearms of quality is really far from beeing as good as many others that Brazil had in history

I'm not quite sure you understand Portuguese that well tbh...

I'm not quite sure you understand Portuguese that well tbh...

I'm curious.. I tend to agree with Rom, as I did last night.
In fact I wanted to translate it (not as good as you and Barbara of course) but he was faster.
I also have a friend who is learning Portugese and he told me that translation is 'he was complaining'.
So, can you tell me how is said in Portugese - by using the same words (expressions) -
He was complaining
He wasn't complaining
In words, I'll figure out pronunciation.