Oscar

themightyblue

And unfortunately for us he plays in the wrong league and in a wrong position where players rarely get space and time on the ball. In this league, you have to create your own space with high level technical ability and intelligence which Oscar clearly lacks but people will no doubt make up all sorts of excuse for his ineptitude/weakness.

LOL. EPL =highest technical league....

Completely baseless statement and let's assume you are right (which you aren't because it's incredibly difficult to measure and determine which league is the most technical) what does that have to do with my post? what's the relevance? Unless you are saying a High tempo,physical and tactical league cannot also be technical.

Completely baseless statement and let's assume you are right (which you aren't because it's incredibly difficult to measure and determine which league is the most technical) what does that have to do with my post?

EPL is not a highly technical league....

Especially, for attackers. EPL is the league where your physical prowess can take you all the way...

I think he didnt mean to call EPL as highest technical league. But to survive in this brutal league with animal instinct defender, a player should've high technical ability to create his own space.

And unfortunately for us he plays in the wrong league and in a wrong position where players rarely get space and time on the ball. In this league, you have to create your own space with high level technical ability and intelligence which Oscar clearly lacks but people will no doubt make up all sorts of excuse for his ineptitude/weakness.

Disagree about playing in the wrong league but position/formation are things that need to be addressed. He needs space and is much better running from deep, beyond the striker than he is operating in the hole with the ball at feet. Oscar is looking more and more like a long-term Lampard replacement in the 4-3-3 system.

EPL is not a highly technical league....

Especially, for attackers. EPL is the league where your physical prowess can take you all the way...

If that's true then why are majority of the best attackers in the league (statistcally and visually) also the most technical. is it just a coincidence that players like Suarez,Hazard,Silva,Toure,Mata (previous seasons), Aguero et al all posses high level technical ability and players whose game rely solely on physicality and not much else like Andy Carroll, Carlton Cole, Anichebe, Jelavic et al struggle to flourish.

Explain that phenomenon without contradicting yourself or looking silly. The fact is there's an undeniable correlation between talent/technical ability and performance in this league and any top 5 leagues in Europe for that matter.

And as for your claim that the epl is not a technical league, there are plenty of examples that disproves that claim. From the football teams like Southampton, Everton, Man city, Liverpool have been able to produce and the quality of players in the top 7 squads in the league. unless you are basing your assertion on the quality of players who play for the bottom clubs at which point the same would apply to every single league in the world.

In the so called highly technical spanish league teams like Levante,Elche, Almeria, Granada et al could easily be mistaken for Fulham,Norwich,Cardiff, Hull et al.

I don't get this notion with needing space.. Unless, your Messi, everyone needs space...

Especially, since in England, they play so compact in the middle. Mata needed space, Silva needs space, Ozil needs space, etc...

If that's true why are majority of the best attackers in the league (statistcally and visually) also the most technical. is it just a coincidence that players like Suarez,Hazard,Silva,Toure,Mata (previous seasons), Aguero et al all posses high level technical ability and players whose game rely on physicality like Andy Carroll, Carlton Cole, Anichebe, Jelavic et al struggle to flourosh.

Explain that phenomenon without contradicting yourself or looking silly.

Yes, the top level teams have good technical players, but not most teams. Go to La Liga and everyone in the league has technical players from top to bottom.

You would think if the EPL was such a technical league that their national team would be as well...

Disagree about playing in the wrong league but position/formation are things that need to be addressed. He needs space and is much better running from deep, beyond the striker than he is operating in the hole with the ball at feet. Oscar is looking more and more like a long-term Lampard replacement in the 4-3-3 system.

Why do you disagree. EPL is one of the most fast paced, tactical leagues in Europe. His skill set is more suited to a slow paced league where he will be afforded time and space on the ball. He lacks the technical ability,speed of thought, improvisation and vision to flourish as an attacking midfielder in this league especially at a top club imo.

Yes, the top level teams have good technical players, but not most teams. Go to La Liga and everyone in the league has technical players from top to bottom.

You would think if the EPL was such a technical league that their national team would be as well...

Wrong. Another myth that won't go unchallenged by me. teams like levante, Almeria,Granada,Elche are comparable to the bottom teams in EPL talent wise. They play physical, turgid football and virtually all there players lack the technical ability to flourish at the top level.

Why do you disagree. EPL is one of the most fast paced, tactical leagues in Europe.

Because he has shown he can operate at Premier League level. I know you're not a big fan but I think you're going ott in your criticism, he's nowhere near as bad as you're making out. His skill-set doesn't entirely suit the position he has been playing.

Because he has shown he can operate at Premier League level. I know you're not a big fan but I think you're going ott in your criticism, he's nowhere near as bad as you're making out. His skill-set doesn't entirely suit the position he has been playing.

He wakes up everyday looking at his Juan Mata poster, waiting for the perfect opportunity to bash Oscar.

Because he has shown he can operate at Premier League level.

But not at a consistent level Even Charlie adams once had his moments in the league with Blackpool. The difficult part is doing it week in week out at a top club.

I know you're not a big fan but I think you're going ott in your criticism, he's nowhere near as bad as you're making out. His skill-set doesn't entirely suit the position he has been playing.

"And unfortunately for us he plays in the wrong league and in a wrong position where players rarely get space and time on the ball"

So we are basically saying the same thing that he's not good enough to flourish as an attacking midfielder because he doesn't get the space and time he needs in that position.

"And unfortunately for us he plays in the wrong league and in a wrong position where players rarely get space and time on the ball"

And that's why I've tried to differentiate between Oscar being a fundamentally bad player and playing in the wrong position.

I think Oscar would be at his best playing in Serie A to be honest.

He can still be good for us, but I just think that would be the best league for him.

I think epl he can get his stats and do well individually and for the team.

However, under Mourinho, I'm not sure he can last a full season in england.

He wakes up everyday looking at his Juan Mata poster, waiting for the perfect opportunity to bash Oscar.

To be fair, these are legit criticisms of Oscar. I'm not going to pretend that I don't cringe sometimes when he makes errors on the ball that he really shouldn't be making.

I think epl he can get his stats and do well individually and for the team.

However, under Mourinho, I'm not sure he can last a full season in england.

He can, just needs to be pushed further back in the midfield like folks on here are saying.