Oscar

themightyblue

So you are saying Carlo is superior to jose?

Di maria has always been a technically gifted footballer and has been rated as one of Europe's best wingers since he joined madrid. The criticism of him was based on his dodgy decision making in the final third at times an issue he has ironed out this season. I'm saying Oscar's biggest problem is his lack of technical ability. His passing, first touch, vision and dribbling are below average and can be downright awful when off form. decision making issues can be fixed (like di maria, Walcott et al) same cannot be said of lack of talent/technical ability. you either have it or you don't.

It's nature not nurture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZ5PoQfxAg

The youtube generation.

The youtube generation.

And are these video suppose to prove that Oscar is technically gifted or that he's on the same level as isco?

try harder next time and btw my assessment is based on what I have actually seen from both players rather than youtube scouting so you can slow down on the insult "oscar".

And are these video suppose to prove that Oscar is technically gifted or that he's on the same level as isco?

try harder next time and btw my assessment is based on what I have actually seen from both players rather than youtube scouting so you can slow down on the insult.

How can a european see what Oscar was prior to Chelsea.

Unless, you have the brazilian league in your cable subscription.

maybe you should try harder.

How can a european see what Oscar was prior to Chelsea.

Unless, you have the brazilian league in your cable subscription.

maybe you should try harder.

Let me play along. so even if I haven't seen Oscar at Internacional (your own assumption btw since you know nothing about me).

Are you then saying that the 110 appearances he's made for Chelsea since joining is not enough to assess his technical ability/qualities on? How many games would you say is the fair quantity by which a player's technical ability should be assessed and judged by?10,000? 20 billion? or should it be measured by years.

Let me play along. so even if I haven't seen Oscar at Internacional (your own assumption btw since you know nothing about me).

Are you then saying that the 110 appearances he's made for Chelsea since joining is not enough to assess his technical ability/qualities on? How many games would you say is the fair quantity by which a player's technical ability should be assessed and judged by?10,000?

Playing in Chelsea is different. mikel outside of Chelsea is a different player as is a lot of our players. prior to Torres coming to Chelsea, did anyone ever question his technique and skills? Look at Luiz for Brazil vs Chelsea. Two completely different players.

Oscar is no David Silva/Iniesta, but only a handful of players in the current generation are. Isco is fantastic dribbler with immense ball control. Obviously, Isco is better than Oscar in those 2 aspects of the game. However, now he is playing for a big team, he is invisible and a shadow of the Malaga Isco.

try harder next time and btw my assessment is based on what I have actually seen from both players rather than youtube scouting so you can slow down on the insult "oscar".

actually thats spot on m8. 50% of that tricks on isco videos ended up in fail pass, or lost possesion --> no end product. just show how great his dribbling skills, holding the ball(as always...youtube comps), but worst decision making (RM fans also often complained about this). and like oscar, both of them are a young, so there's plenty room for improvement

Why people compare players when they play for their national team and when they play for Chelsea.

Who are their usual international opponents?

Japan, Albania, Bulgaria, South Africa, Egypt and alike teams.

Once in a blue moon they face decent opponent like Germany, Spain, France, Italy.

Even then games are usually friendlies and it's big question whether players are up for them since they tend to avoid injuries.

Do those teams play the same football and defend like Premier League teams ?

No they don't.

So what's the point of the comparison?

In the list of players that need to leave the club Oscar isn't there yet imo.

We need to give him another season or at least until the january window (even though it'd sound a bit premature).

The fact is he's been poor and whoever said we didn't say it in the past few weeks is delusional or just have short memory.

No one has said that tbh although if a tempting offer comes in, I will defo take it. The argument has been whether Oscar has the qualities of a playmaker and more so if he's good enough to be a starter in AM for a team with big ambitions and aspirations. My dispute is Oscar shouldn't be the number one playmaker for us, long term as he doesn't have the prerequisite and fundamental skills (you are free to disagree with that ofcourse)

And I don't think I'm alone when I say I had rather see Hazard or William as the chief AM/playmaker than oscar.

Oscar will never be as technically gifted as an Isco ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ as mentioned above but that's not the point because Oscar will never be an Isco or Thiago Alcantara and those players can never be an Oscar. So it's not a question of what the player is not but what he is.

The point is that, and it's a point emphasized by Mourinho this season concerning Oscar; The kid needs to get physically stronger. He has the body of a teenage girl and as a result, he loses possession far too often in the final third and this leads to a high percent of broken down plays. His legs look like twigs for god's sake. He doesn't have the awareness and fleet-footedness of a player like Mata, so he can't compensate for his physical limitations like Mata does. There's no point comparing him to Hazard, Willian or Salah as they are far more muscular than he is and Schurrle has started to put on muscle too.

Another thing he has to work on over the summer are his through-balls. Although his passing range is impressive in general, he hardly ever makes those defense splitting passes that make the difference in the final third.

I've watched him play over 100 games for us and I will never doubt his talent. He is an enormous talent and a cracking kid with a fantastic attitude and humility rarely seen by players his age nowadays. He just needs to work on that body of his and of course his through passes and he'll be okay.

Oh come on. Please just stop saying that we should sell Oscar. He is the last player we should consider selling. We HAVE TO work on our raw, recently owned material. This club is dying for it. Thank god we have Mourinho now, i trust him with this task and i'd like to see more of our U21 to the first team. Don't give up players that easily.

The guy has undoubted talent and was key for us earlier in the season. He's just in a rough patch of form and deserves next season to get back to his best.

The cunts can fuck off and give him that at least?

Don't forget rest. Plenty of rest.

The number of games played for Brazil and Chelsea played over the past several months have taken their toll, no doubt.

Kid is still learning, hes in his second season of European football. He needs a summer off though. Still a diamond in the rough, lacks a bit of precision when it comes to the final ball at times and his control can still be clumsy but hes only 22, give him a fucking chance.

Oh come on. Please just stop saying that we should sell Oscar. He is the last player we should consider selling. We HAVE TO work on our raw, recently owned material. This club is dying for it. Thank god we have Mourinho now, i trust him with this task and i'd like to see more of our U21 to the first team. Don't give up players that easily.

It's the current hot trend you know. The minute someone plays like crap, it's all 'Sell Player X. He's rubbish. Get Player Y. He's better!'.

At this rate, we'll soon see Matic, Azpi etc joining the list...

No one has said that tbh although if a tempting offer comes in, I will defo take it. The argument has been whether Oscar has the qualities of a playmaker and more so if he's good enough to be a starter in AM for a team with big ambitions and aspirations. My dispute is Oscar shouldn't be the number one playmaker for us, long term as he doesn't have the prerequisite and fundamental skills (you are free to disagree with that ofcourse)

And I don't think I'm alone when I say I had rather see Hazard or William as the chief AM/playmaker than oscar.

Completely agree. Would love to see Willian given a run of games as the #10 because he's got that creative spark we've been looking for...