Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar has shown what he can do, but this season hasn't been his best. He might be burnt out having played so many games at a young age, but I think talk of selling him is premature. However, if we get £40m + offer for him, maybe Chelsea should consider it.

And buy who?

When did we become a selling club.. :blink:

That does not count (The experience aspct that is) In 2004 when we won the title, Robben was 19, Terry 22, Lampard 25, Cech 21, Glen Johnson 20, so I do not beleive it when we say he is young and in experinced.

Agreed, but when we did that we were flying through. This is a different scenario. This is a must-win towards the back end of a tiresome season..

I'm not trying to make excuses for the boy, but he's a talent that has world class potential. Mourinho's hand picked him, are we really going to dismiss that over one bad season? Considering how well his debut season went?

Oscar isn't a CAM IMO. He is more of a CM. Same as Pogba. ;)

Haha, I guess that's a discussion for a different issue entirely then.. Because a CM is not our priority yet.

In any case, I really do think we shouldn't be so dismissive of Oscar already. Because you ask if Real, Barca et al are coming for Oscar then they're seeing something you guys aren't. And then, if he sets the world on fire at those clubs we look like fools. I firmly believe under Mourinho Oscar can be a world class no10, just look at what he's done for Hazard.

Haha, I guess that's a discussion for a different issue entirely then.. Because a CM is not our priority yet.

In any case, I really do think we shouldn't be so dismissive of Oscar already. Because you ask if Real, Barca et al are coming for Oscar then they're seeing something you guys aren't. And then, if he sets the world on fire at those clubs we look like fools. I firmly believe under Mourinho Oscar can be a world class no10, just look at what he's done for Hazard.

CM should be a priority lol we only have 1 good CM and that's Matic. How do you expect to dominate a game with crappy players like Ramires and Mikel.

I am a fan of Oscar, but every player has his price. Just ask Utd and Ronaldo. ;)

We need a CM and AM who can play, and are consistent. We are missing both ATM.

In addition, the only club I have heard that are after Oscar is PSG.

CM should be a priority lol we only have 1 good CM and that's Matic. How do you expect to dominate a game with crappy players like Ramires and Mikel.

Well I'm of one opinion Matic is capable enough on his own as a lone-holding player.. But that's a tactical shift I don't think Mourinho will consider.

Well I'm of one opinion Matic is capable enough on his own as a lone-holding player.. But that's a tactical shift I don't think Mourinho will consider.

Then we atleast need backup for him he won't be able to play every game and MVG is too young to controll a midfield by himself.

I am a fan of Oscar, but every player has his price. Just ask Utd and Ronaldo. ;)

We need a CM and AM who can play, and are consistent. We are missing both ATM.

In addition, the only club I have heard that are after Oscar is PSG.

Of course, but not forsaking quality of the squad. We let Mata go for a good amount, because he was surplus to requirements. But Jose won't let a Jose-player be sold for money, unless that player wants to move. It's very premature to start doubting the guys Mourinho wants in his long-term plans and he's already said he wants to have Oscar as his number 10 and build around him

Of course, but not forsaking quality of the squad. We let Mata go for a good amount, because he was surplus to requirements. But Jose won't let a Jose-player be sold for money, unless that player wants to move. It's very premature to start doubting the guys Mourinho wants in his long-term plans and he's already said he wants to have Oscar as his number 10 and build around him

If he doesn't deliver in that position, he will quickly change his mind. That is the case at this moment of time.

If he doesn't deliver in that position, he will quickly change his mind. That is the case at this moment of time.

Yeah of course. I'm defending him now because I believe he is going through a rough patch, but if the patch turns into permanent form then every player's got his time up (although we know one player who has a continuous patch haha)

Been a bit of an oxygen thief recently, but when you look at how many games hes played, its not surprising. And hes going to have no let up in the Summer either...

The case of Mata again after he played Euro 2012 after playing those extraordinary amount of games for us. Oscar played Confederations Cup last summer too.. You really wonder when our Brazilian and Spanish contingency will get a good period off to recharge..

Yeah of course. I'm defending him now because I believe he is going through a rough patch, but if the patch turns into permanent form then every player's got his time up (although we know one player who has a continuous patch haha)

LOL! Fingers crossed his days are numbered, regarding your second comment. Oscar has the ability without a doubt, but IMO; he hasn't filled Mata's boots as of yet. Time will tell.