Oscar

themightyblue

What happens in 2-3 years when Modric is 32 and pretty much done then? Then we have to shell out even more money. Oscar is young and still developing. Give him time and he will become a top quality playmaker. What's best for the club is sticking with your current players and not always wishing for others.

As a side note, where has all this love for Griezmann come from all of a sudden? I realise he's been pretty decent at a poor club this season, but there's a difference between playing well for a poor club in La Liga and playing well at the top end of the Premier League people. Ask Iago Aspas.

For me he is quite intelligent he will be able to play at best level until he is around 34-35 imo like Xavi or Alonso. And just a theory, nothing suggests we will be able to sign Modric.

Today might have been Oscar's best performance since Stoke in the FA Cup. Thought he completely changed the game for us.

Thought he made some good passes and generally played well. Look forward to seeing him back to his best.. also can't wait to see him in action at the WC

I've been very impressed with him in these last couple of games. Extremely impressed. However, there's still a lot he needs to improve on.

Very much hoping Mourinho can work with him on his offensive skills. Oscar and Hazard are both so talented but they need a lot coaching. Just hope Mourinho can get the best out of them.

Oscar for the pivot!

One word. No.

Mourinho only played him in the pivot today because Swansea were down to 10 men and just sat deep and defend. It was a risk taken but there wasn't any danger that our midfield was going to get overrun.

Anyone who thinks Oscar should be moved is totally clueless. This kid is still a huge part of Chelsea's success & will be for years to come.

He is not good enough. At his peak I am not even sure he is going to be World Class. He is no way near that now. Can't even pass.....

Oscar did well IMO in recent games..he looks more lively and tries to be involved more in the game. Dont forget that best playmakers are at peak in later ages, I think Oscar is unique, after all he is 22 and you cant expect from 22y.o. to dictate whole tempo of the game. For example, Gotze isnt realy Bayern playmaker, but Schweini (or even Lahm) dictates their tempo. In Real, Xabi Alonso was the real playmaker, not Ozil (now Modric, not Isco). It will take some time for Oscar to understand his role, but judging by the fact that Mourinho (tactical expert) trusts Oscar at this young age, Im sure there must be something on him. Our team isnt near complete and it is normal that Oscar isnt at best level.

Still, there are advantages in Oscar (hard work, tackling) but also weaknesses. While he is good #10, he will probably never be in range of Mata, Ozil, Gotze. Those have passing in head, Oscar is more allround. And I think he will be more succesfull than any of other three because of his work rate. Lamps was very raw back then at age 22 and he developed finishing and passing (FKs, corners,...) with years of playing...Oscar will do it too.

He is not good enough. At his peak I am not even sure he is going to be World Class. He is no way near that now. Can't even pass.....

Well buddy we don't know what he will be like at his peak do we? :). Most people recognize his talent. If he is as bad as you think, then I don't think Mourinho will be trusting him with matches. But the fact is the kid is good. He has been getting his form back steadily now. He has the potential to be a world class player for sure. He might achieve, or he might not, that really depends on him aong with other factors. Different players have different development curves. He doesn't have to be a superstar all of a sudden. Give him till next year. It will be his second under Mourinho and you will be able to evaluate him better. With young players you have to be patient, because no one can really tell. It is easy to judge a fully developed mature player, but not a youngster. All in good time.

I am truly sorry but as I see it now Oscar is just not good enough to play a starter in Chelsea next season, please someone change my mind and make me understand why we should keep him.

Sorry, but you're just talking pure bollocks. The kid is only 22, and has accomplished and shown more than what most players show in their entire careers. As a fan, you should be grateful that we managed to sign such a pure talent. Sure, he has his moments of inconsistency, but tell me, what players didn't when they were 22 years old? And this isn't even taking into account the fact that he's played more matches than anyone else in the team in the past two seasons. I don't know if you have a short memory or what, but when C. Ronaldo was first at United, he was one of the most frustratingly inconsistent players, just ask any United fan. Look where he is now.

So please, show a little more faith, and realize what you are saying before you spout such a crock of shite :tiphat:

Sorry, but you're just talking pure bollocks. The kid is only 22, and has accomplished and shown more than what most players show in their entire careers. As a fan, you should be grateful that we managed to sign such a pure talent. Sure, he has his moments of inconsistency, but tell me, what players didn't when they were 22 years old? And this isn't even taking into account the fact that he's played more matches than anyone else in the team in the past two seasons. I don't know if you have a short memory or what, but when C. Ronaldo was first at United, he was one of the most frustratingly inconsistent players, just ask any United fan. Look where he is now.

So please, show a little more faith, and realize what you are saying before you spout such a crock of shite :tiphat:

You don't understand. Oscar when he is good , he still isn't good enough. When he isn't good he is just shit. Countinho, Sterling, even Salah for me are better players. Seriously, Oscar for me is a 79 atm and at his best will be 84 (FIFA RATING FOR U TO UNDERSTAND HOW I THINK.