Oscar

themightyblue

One media outlet in Spain claims Mourinho is trying to sign Modric from Real Madrid in exchange for Oscar + money.

http://www.lasexta.com/programas/jugones/chiringuito/gallardo-mourinho-quiere-cambio-modricoscar_2014041100018.html

I personally don't believe this one bit. Modric today is arguably Real Madrid's most important player. I doubt RM would accept Hazard + money, let alone Oscar.

One media outlet in Spain claims Mourinho is trying to sign Modric from Real Madrid in exchange for Oscar + money.

http://www.lasexta.com/programas/jugones/chiringuito/gallardo-mourinho-quiere-cambio-modricoscar_2014041100018.html

I personally don't believe this one bit. Modric today is arguably Real Madrid's most important player. I doubt RM would accept Hazard + money, let alone Oscar.

Very hard, but not impossible IMO. You know Madrid, another season without a major trophy and they'll start selling and buying again, as they always do. Not to mention Carlo, he will 100% pack his bags if Real won't win one of La Liga or Champions League.

Wait until May. If Barcelona will win the league and hopefully Chelsea will lift the Champions League trophy, then we can start talking business. Carlo will go, those deluded fans will be pissed off (again!), some players will go too and probably they will start searching for players who are worth a fortune (Pogba, Vidal etc).

Still a long way to go, but I'd take my chances if these things happen.

Matic - Modric :sweating:

Very hard, but not impossible IMO. You know Madrid, another season without a major trophy and they'll start selling and buying again, as they always do. Not to mention Carlo, he will 100% pack his bags if Real won't win one of La Liga or Champions League.

Wait until May. If Barcelona will win the league and hopefully Chelsea will lift the Champions League trophy, then we can start talking business. Carlo will go, those deluded fans will be pissed off (again!), some players will go too and probably they will start searching for players who are worth a fortune (Pogba, Vidal etc).

Still a long way to go, but I'd take my chances if these things happen.

Matic - Modric :sweating:

Well to be fair, I didn't see the sale of Ozil coming either...

With Florentino as their president, everything is possible. Let's not forget this is the man who turned down Ronaldinho for Beckham because he was "too ugly to market".

Modric for Oscar alone and we would be ripping them off. Modric is worth £10-15m more than Oscar atm, he is also probably the best CM in the world. We could always sign Gritzemann and move Willian to the middle.

That would be an ideal scenario, but those rumors are fake. Not a chance of that happening. Unfortunately.

But Chelsea would be so much better with Modric and Griezmann in and Oscar out...

To me anyway...

So let me guess... we make this agreement with RM, spend 10-15m more on Modric as he's obviously that amount more valuable than Oscar and then we spend another 40m or so on Reus to replace Oscar and another 15-20m on another super talented young AM (I guess this Gritzemann guys fits the bill) so we have squad depth.

That's such a genius idea. Make sure you fax it to someone in the board...

(ps. and lol forever at Modric being the best CM in the world. LOL)

So let me guess... we make this agreement with RM, spend 10-15m more on Modric as he's obviously that amount more valuable than Oscar and then we spend another 40m or so on Reus to replace Oscar and another 15-20m on another super talented young AM so we have squad depth.

Oscar is Brazilian I get it, you love all Brazilian players at Chelsea but as a club we always look to make best decisions for the club, sometime it means selling fan favorite players. Who said we would need 15-20m for a backup? Just need to sign Reus/Gritzemann to replace Oscar and boom, Oscar+£30-40m for 2 top world class players.

So let me guess... we make this agreement with RM, spend 10-15m more on Modric as he's obviously that amount more valuable than Oscar and then we spend another 40m or so on Reus to replace Oscar and another 15-20m on another super talented young AM (I guess this Gritzemann guys fits the bill) so we have squad depth.

I also had a good laugh at Modric being the best CM in the world.

This might seem like a stretch, however, I personally think Hazard holds Oscar back and vice versa...It wasn't a coincidence that Oscar look more like a n10 when Hazard got injured...

It also wasn't a coincidence that Willian played extremely well when he was paired with Schurrle and salah....

I think next season, Mourinho should make a decision on Oscar or Hazard and buy maybe a Reus (prolific winger, runner, etc).

Oscar is Brazilian I get it, you love all Brazilian players at Chelsea but as a club we always look to make best decisions for the club, sometime it means selling fan favorite players. Who said we would need 15-20m for a backup? Just need to sign Reus/Gritzemann to replace Oscar and boom, Oscar+£30-40m for 2 top world class players.

What happens in 2-3 years when Modric is 32 and pretty much done then? Then we have to shell out even more money. Oscar is young and still developing. Give him time and he will become a top quality playmaker. What's best for the club is sticking with your current players and not always wishing for others.

As a side note, where has all this love for Griezmann come from all of a sudden? I realise he's been pretty decent at a poor club this season, but there's a difference between playing well for a poor club in La Liga and playing well at the top end of the Premier League people. Ask Iago Aspas.

This might seem like a stretch, however, I personally think Hazard holds Oscar back and vice versa...It wasn't a coincidence that Oscar look more like a n10 when Hazard got injured...

It also wasn't a coincidence that Willian played extremely well when he was paired with Schurrle and salah....

I think next season, Mourinho should make a decision on Oscar or Hazard and buy maybe a Reus (prolific winger, runner, etc).

Its not hazard who makes oscar/willian worse, its just that each of these players do well with an intelligent runner bcos they are creators. Without runners to pass to, they are no longer as effective. Same situation happened to ozil when ramsey/walcot got injured. So I think salah/shurlle should be playing with them to solve this.