Oscar

themightyblue

Absolutely, we should have sold Hazard in January because he did fuck all before the turn of the year! :lol:

Well, some were entertaining that idea then didn't they when PSG were reportedly coming in with a big bid...?

I can't disagree with much of this. If (and it's a big IF and a big ask) he eventually replaces Lampard and his goal scoring output then I would be a happy camper indeed and will tolerate his lack of creativity much much better.

Yeah I already edited it. I meant around 15 goals a season, 20+ goals including assists. Kind of like Müller but not quite as good as he's much more of a natural finisher.

A part of me still kind of wishes to see how he'd do playing deeper next to Matic. There were concerns before about playing him back there because we'd be exposed defensively if Lamps or Ramires were next to him, but now that we have Matic I'm not sure it would be too big of an issue. Oscar can still get forward and score goals and being in CM can take further advantage of his defensive workrate. He can win the ball in the middle of the pitch and receive it from the defenders to start attacks like we already see him doing, but we could then maybe move Willian to the #10 role for a bit more creativity.

Something like:

------------------------New ST---------------------------

Hazard---------------Willian-----------------Schürlle

----------------Matic--------------Oscar-----------------

Shaw-------------Terry----------Cahill-------------Azpi

------------------------Courtois----------------------------

Think that side has great balance. Rock solid defensively, bags and bags of energy and athleticism, and plenty of goals from all over the pitch. Moving Oscar back into CM may be able to save us a ton of cash that we'd have to use to buy another one.

A part of me still kind of wishes to see how he'd do playing deeper next to Matic. There were concerns before about playing him back there because we'd be exposed defensively if Lamps or Ramires were next to him, but now that we have Matic I'm not sure it would be too big of an issue. Oscar can still get forward and score goals and being in CM can take further advantage of his defensive workrate. He can win the ball in the middle of the pitch and receive it from the defenders to start attacks like we already see him doing, but we could then maybe move Willian to the #10 role for a bit more creativity.

Something like:

------------------------New ST---------------------------

Hazard---------------Willian-----------------Schürlle

----------------Matic--------------Oscar-----------------

Shaw-------------Terry----------Cahill-------------Azpi

------------------------Courtois----------------------------

Think that side has great balance. Rock solid defensively, bags and bags of energy and athleticism, and plenty of goals from all over the pitch. Moving Oscar back into CM may be able to save us a ton of cash that we'd have to use to buy another one.

He's barely strong enough to play as an AM in the EPL, if the drops to the pivot I think he'll be eaten alive... kid isn't strong enough imo

He's barely strong enough to play as an AM in the EPL, if the drops to the pivot I think he'll be eaten alive... kid isn't strong enough imo

Hmm? I regularly see him getting stuck in and winning balls off of players much bigger than he is. Not asking him to be Matic or Yaya or anything. Ramires is just as frail as Oscar and doesn't struggle there. He's a much better passer than Ramires too.

Hmm? I regularly see him getting stuck in and winning balls off of players much bigger than he is. Not asking him to be Matic or Yaya or anything. Ramires is just as frail as Oscar and doesn't struggle there. He's a much better passer than Ramires too.

I'm not talking about being built. Ramires said he played for months for us in a lot of pain, feeling like a truck ran over him after each match - which is partially why he was so bad for us at first. Oscar struggles physically as it is... it's not only about how big he is, but how resilient, how much he can take. That's the problem imo with playing him in the pivot... what we see him doing sometimes as an AM - tackling, dueling, getting rid of pivot opponents doesn't mean he'd be good doing that on a much larger scale as a pivot player. He isn't fit or suited for that imo... but we'd need a few experiences in a row to be really sure.

anyway I don't get all the criticism this young talented lad is getting from peeps right here on this thread.....I do understand that as fans we all want the best from our players coupled with the fact that he is playing for one of the best team in the world....but guys Oscar is young and presenting adapting to the physical condition(s) of EPL...in the national team most of the goal(s) are either created or scored by Oscar/Neymar...that's is a very good eye opener...but here in EPL the most difficult league in the world....he is got to adapt but his level or intensity of adaptation may not be rapid...but he is gradually evolving as fantastic world class footballer......all players cannot be Hazard or Messi...we should respect that fact...in one of his interview he said back in Brazil when you have the ball your first mentality is to do tricks which is the tradition of Brazilian football but when he came to EPL he said Jose told to put in efforts then tricks can follow....have said it and ll kip saying once this kid metamorphoses due to his development curve he is passing through he ll become a scary world beater in that No 10 position cos he is capable of hybriding attacking mentality and playmaking abilities together......

I'm not talking about being built. Ramires said he played for months for us in a lot of pain, feeling like a truck ran over him after each match - which is partially why he was so bad for us at first. Oscar struggles physically as it is... it's not only about how big he is, but how resilient, how much he can take. That's the problem imo with playing him in the pivot... what we see him doing sometimes as an AM - tackling, dueling, getting rid of pivot opponents doesn't mean he'd be good doing that on a much larger scale as a pivot player. He isn't fit or suited for that imo... but we'd need a few experiences in a row to be really sure.

Good point, I don't like the idea of moving him to pivot.

At am he is a good am with excellent closing down skill. At pivot he is a good short technical cm with poor physique, poor engine (compare to ramires) and poor aerially

Which is the primary duty of a no 10. It's a'kin to a striker that can't finish for shit. like it's a bad thing to criticise and not rate players who are lacklustre at their primary duty. How's this any different from when people were using the all round play/assists stats and work ethic argument to excuse Torres lackluster finishing, positioning and movement in the box which are primary requirements of a striker. If you will be taking up the playmaker position then you have to deliver or relinquish the role to someone that can actually create.

And not just the lack of creativity either, the amount of times I have seen him lose possession due to a combination of sloppy first touch, lack of finesse and composure and wayward passing is shocking for an outfield player nevermind a no 10.

You can take Juan Mata and his brilliant passes to David SIlva and the rest of Manchester City.

PSG step up charm offensive for Oscar and Eden Hazard ahead of Champions League quarter-final with Chelsea French side risk angering Jose Mourinho ahead of Champions League quarter-final with two PSG players courting not just Oscar but also his team-mate Eden Hazard

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10728235/PSG-step-up-charm-offensive-for-Oscar-and-Eden-Hazard-ahead-of-Champions-League-quarter-final-with-Chelsea.html

By Matt Law

10:00PM GMT 27 Mar 2014

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE - DOWN BELOW.

Paris-Saint Germain have risked angering Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho ahead of their Champions League quarter-final by trying to entice Brazilian midfielder Oscar to France.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport, PSG are considering a £41.5 million offer for Oscar before the World Cup.

Less than a week before hosting Oscar and his Chelsea team-mates for the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final, PSG have now cranked up the charm offensive in an apparent attempt to turn the head of the Brazilian.

Following Yohan Cabaye’s claim that Eden Hazard would be the perfect signing for PSG, Brazilian Lucas Moura has admitted he would love Oscar to join him at the Parc des Princes.

“Oscar is a very good player," said Moura. “A rare talent in today's football, given his qualities. He is very complete and is very smart. We need someone like him at PSG.

“I think he would help us a lot. The more quality players there are, the better it is for the squad. Also, he's a very good friend of mine. I would be very happy if he came to PSG, the club too.”

Chelsea will be suspicious at the timing of the comments from both Moura and Cabaye, ahead of such an important game, and will not appreciate the PSG duo openly courting two of their most important players.

Mourinho agreed to sell Juan Mata to Manchester United in January after making it clear that Oscar is his first-choice number 10 and Hazard has been Chelsea’s best player this season.

Chelsea are adamant that any bids for the duo, from PSG or anywhere else, will be rejected. Both players have three years remaining on their Stamford Bridge contracts, with the club willing to offer them extensions.

On Hazard, former Newcastle midfielder Cabaye said: “Hazard is the player I'd like to see at PSG. He would do a lot of good to Paris and the league. He's one of the best players against whom I've played.”

Chelsea face PSG in Paris next Wednesday, before the return leg at Stamford Bridge on April 8.

Oscar is creative and will be a for e to be reckoned with

The only issue here is that he is maturing and adapting at a different speed to other players around him.

Impatience of keyboard warriors is the only real issue here. The lad gives 100% every match. As a fan, I can ask no more.

Those doubting his creativity will see in the National team - how important he is.

Jose has tightened up our defence at the expense of attacking football - likely due to the need we can win by a single goal as we do struggle to score (usually) - last few games have proven this, nothing against Villa and 6 against Arsenal...