Oscar

themightyblue

Very intelligent. Lets sell a 22 year old top player with thepotential to be one of the best no.10 in the world and around whom our whole high prpressing, fast counter system is based. And why? Cos he has not had 2 good months.

Some people just make me LOL.

Who is this lioness above?

Very intelligent. Lets sell a 22 year old top player with thepotential to be one of the best no.10 in the world and around whom our whole high prpressing, fast counter system is based. And why? Cos he has not had 2 good months.

Some people just make me LOL.

Comedy central. thanks for giving me a good laugh. And when I label him one of the most overrated players, people think I'm being harsh.

Try to read above, it´s all there. Good luck.

I read it and the only thing I got out of it is that, according to you, he's a top player whose current slump is down to fatigue but you haven't explain why he's such a valuable member of the team and what he offers the team that players like Willian and Schurrle can't/don't. in layman terms why should we turn down Psg's mega offer? Yer that part you haven't explained.

Comedy central. thanks for giving me a good laugh. And when I label him one of the most overrated players, people think I'm being harsh.

Chelsea is ranked 4th in the uefa rankings. Brazil would be one of the top 3 nations right now with only germany and spain better than them. And he is the main no.10 for both of these world class teams. Plus world's best manager wanted him to be our no.10 and not willian, hazard, schurrle or mata.

You know what dude, keep your delusions high. Keep hoping get we sell oscar for 38mil (LOL-MAX), lets see who our no.10 will be next season which is by the way decided byJOSE MOURINHO and not some iinternet/fifa mamager.

I see, it appears useless to explain anything to him. The same response will be seen.

What explanation?

Bushman wrote "To answer your question, it really makes no sense to continue here" "but Oscar has a lot more to offer than you may think, at least, I feel that way" is that your idea of explanation?

Such Excellent, well thought out and ground breaking analysis from you.

Sell him sell him...and bring who? We quite discovered that ozil is either overrated or overwhelmed by the Epl despite his class and experience never mind oscar who is a kid and has shown much greater improvement in the No. 10 role compared to last season in a team fighting for Epl and champions league, a great assist in champions league knockout and two goals vs a title challenger is no small feat in our chase for trophies in addition to all other tactical baggage he brings to the table. He is stepping up at the right time. We haven't had a player of his type before, the closest was ballack who was obviously more physically endowed and old but tactically sound. If we sell him it'll be a loss for me rather than a gain because we don't know his limit yet. He Played a key role in confed. Cup and europa league at 21 yrs, now at 22yrs he is fighting for Epl title and champions league plus a key player for brasil at the world cup. I think I will analyse him after the world cup and beginning of next season before jumping on the negative wagon.

Looking forward to seeing how this guy develops with us, said it earlier but can't believe he's still only 22. 29 league apps (22 of which are starts) and 8 goals isn't a bad return, hopefully he'll be able to regularly score 10+ league goals for us / season.. It's not just about stats though (I think the quote in Barbara's sig is perfectly apt here), Oscar contributes a lot to the team in terms of playing that 'fast-transition-or-whatever-you-want-to-call-it' football. It would be madness to entertain the idea of selling him unless the following conditions were met:

- We have another no. 10 lined up who is as good or better than him (including being young, having great potential etc.)

- We got a mega money offer

- Said mega money offer was from a club that was abroad.

Or:

- He desparately wanted to leave and we received a mega offer.

Yeah, he hasn't played well in the last two months. However, against Gala and Arsenal he showed signs of improvement and I am fully confident that he will regain and surpass his early season form soon - even if we have to wait until next season and after the WC, so be it. On a side note, I am completely looking forward to seeing how he plays with the Brazilian NT at the WC on what will inevitably be the biggest stage of them all for a Brazilian player. Baring the inconceivable possibility that England are in the final, I will be supporting Brasil.

I get why Lionsden doesn't rate him as a player in that, in a lot of peoples' minds, a no. 10 should be silky and creative on the ball. Oscar doesn't fit that Mata/Silva/Iniesta type mould. However, he most certainly has a space in our XI and will only get better with age, experience and training from two of the best coaches of two of the best teams in the world (Scolari, Brasil & Mourinho, Chelsea respectively).

Dude is 22, why sell him? He will keep on improving. Even if you wait 2 more years, you could still easily get the 30-35M transfer fee for him. First half of the season, his form was amazing, on par and some months even better than Hazard.

He's still having a hard time adjusting it seems, his off form period aligns with winter in London.

I get why Lionsden doesn't rate him as a player in that, in a lot of peoples' minds, a no. 10 should be silky and creative on the ball. Oscar doesn't fit that Mata/Silva/Iniesta type mould. However, he most certainly has a space in our XI and will only get better with age, experience and training from two of the best coaches of two of the best teams in the world (Scolari, Brasil & Mourinho, Chelsea respectively).

Which is the primary duty of a no 10. It's a'kin to a striker that can't finish for shit. like it's a bad thing to criticise and not rate players who are lacklustre at their primary duty. How's this any different from when people were using the all round play/assists stats and work ethic argument to excuse Torres lackluster finishing, positioning and movement in the box which are primary requirements of a striker. If you will be taking up the playmaker position then you have to deliver or relinquish the role to someone that can actually create.

And not just the lack of creativity either, the amount of times I have seen him lose possession due to a combination of sloppy first touch, lack of finesse and composure and wayward passing is shocking for an outfield player nevermind a no 10.